Amrita nadi Kundalini

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 10:42 AM
      Lakshmana Swamy: Kundalini is the mind

      Question:
      I have read different books on yogic and tantric traditions and they all speak
      of
      the kundalini rising from the muladhara chakra (at the base of the spine) to
      the
      sahasrara chakra (just above the top of the head). They say that when the
      kundalini reaches the sahasrara, this is the final state, moksha, or
      liberation.

      Swamy:
      It is not final. It has to go from the Heart to the sahasrara and then back to
      the
      Heart again for realisation to occur.

      Kundalini sakti means the mind. It rises
      from the Heart-centre to the brain. When it goes back into the Heart and dies
      there, that is moksha, the final state. ...

      Question:
      It is said that when the kundalini rises to the sahasrara, Siva and Sakti
      merge.
      Is this so?

      Swamy:
      No. Sakti means mind. It has to return back to its source, the Heart,
      which is Siva, and die there.

      Question:
      So you are saying that kundalini is only in the mind. Is this correct?

      Swamy:
      No, that is not correct. It is the mind. My direct experience is that the mind
      rises from the Heart to the brain, never from the muladhara to the sahasrara.
      Making the kundalini rise from the muladhara to the sahasrara is a mental
      activity. It will not take one beyond the mind, and it will not kill the mind.

      For realisation, the mind must sink into the Heart and be destroyed by the
      Self. The raising of the kundalini through yogic practices does not result in
      realisation, even when the kundalini reaches the sahasrara. Such an achievement
      is an achievement of the mind; realisation can only result from the destruction
      of the mind.

      There is a channel which runs from the Heart-centre to the brain; it is called
      the
      amrita nadi. The mind rises to the brain through this channel and then goes
      back
      into the Heart-centre again during sleep or deep meditation. The mind rising
      and falling in this channel is the true kundalini.

      At the moment of realisation the 'I'-thought goes down this channel and is
      destroyed in the Heart. After realisation neither the amrita nadi nor the
      Heart-centre are of any importance. The jnani then knows that he is the
      all-pervading Self.

      from David Godman's book; No mind I am
      the Self