Re: [Meditation Society of America] Laws

  • Judi Rhodes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
      Alright, that's enough Sandeep! :-) Can't you see these guys are busy trying to get enlightened? :-) What the heck are you trying to do here? :-) Throw a cog in the "wheels" or something? :-)

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        Dear Judiji,
        Actually, from my experiences with teaching live-in-person meditation
        classes for the past 15 years, and asking the students why they were
        there, I'd guess that about 80%+ of those who visit this group, do so
        for the same reasons as my studentsÂ…the potential "stress
        management" and health benefits of meditation. But, with meditation,
        it seems inevitable, or at least very common, for the question of
        "Who am I" to raise it's beautiful head. Then, everything else flows.
        And, since in a way, everyone is at the end of their rope, but few
        realize this, your pointings become not just appropriate, but very
        potentially beneficial to these "seekers". Similarly, if we consider
        reincarnation as a given, it may be that for 99.999% of those
        reincarnating, they are doing so for the purpose (perhaps a poor
        choice of word) of getting enlightened ("seekers"). The other .001%
        come back to help the "others" realize their enlightenment (having
        themselves realized that there are no others - "bodhisattva's"). So,
        what you, Sandeep, Michael, Bruce, and others do (in part, shall we
        say, point out that there is nothing to seek, no enlightenment, no
        seeker, etc.), is very appropriate on a meditation "ask, answer,
        share knowledge" group. And so, anything any of you guys have to
        share is very welcome. Also, besides all the esoteric and
        philosophical stuff, all of you have great gifts of good humor, and a
        good laugh is one of the very best meditative and stress releaving
        teaching tools.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
          Dear Judiji,
          Actually, from my experiences with teaching live-in-person meditation
          classes for the past 15 years, and asking the students why they were
          there, I'd guess that about 80%+ of those who visit this group, do so
          for the same reasons as my students.the potential "stress
[...]

          ******* Hi Bob, thanks, and the interesting thing here is that "peace" is always, already the case, and anything we do to try to "gain" peace, is actually going away from it, the "opposite" of peace. IOW, anything you do to try to manipulate yourself into peace is nothing but the demonstration of "not-peace". It'll never work! :-)

          Judi