Question about suffering

    Message 1 of 197 , Dec 15, 2001
      Question: First off, I'd like to say you have a
      wonderful site. I've been visiting it for some time now and
      learning much. #41, Blessed Suffering has caught my eye
      though. I was wondering if it would be posted soon? Any
      information would be appreciated. Thank you <br>Answer:
      Thanks for your kind comments. We will probably be
      posting #41 soon. The concept behind it is that suffering
      is good (very good!), for you. We grow spiritually
      from facing great challanges. Suffering is not a
      negative thing. It is an opportunity to transcend the
      mistaken concept that we are our body, mind, or emotions.
      If you suffer physically, it can be considered a
      gift from above, because this will almost
      surely<br>cause you to seek help from "A Higher Power". If you
      suffer from fear, same thing. What is it that they
      say.... There are no athiests in a foxhole. All suffering
      automatically makes us look to transcend it. Ultimately, the
      only transcendance that "works" is Realization of the
      Truth. Thus, nothing forces us onto the path to
      spiritual freedom quicker and more powerfully than
      suffering. As far as the actual techniques:<br>1. Inhale
      wisdom, peace, truth, love, compassion, and exhale
      suffering.<br>2. Fill every cell in your body with the exact
      opposite of what you suffer from. If you suffer
      physically, send soothing sensations everywhere, if you
      suffer from feelings of inadequacy, drench yourself in
      confidence, if thoughts of gloom fill you, empty and fill
      with joy, etc.<br>3. Give your suffering to your diety
      (see technique #1).<br>And on and on, and on. The best
      suggestion that I can make for you is to sit in meditation
      and concentrate on suffering. Just try to find
      for<br>yourself why the concept refers to "Blessed
      suffering".<br>I hope this helps some.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: