Have a Q...

  • slickerk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hi, I am new to this. I have been practicing guided meditation or
      visualization for like stress relief. The other night I was lying in
      bed trying to sleep and I became very relaxed and then I began to
      spin or turn. I wasn't moving, but it felt like I was moving, from
      my front to my back and then again. I guess it felt more like
      rolling over. It startled me and I opened my eyes and felt like I
      couldn't move. It was very strange and began to have second thoughts
      about pretty much everything. Anyhow, wanted to know if anyone knows
      what happened or if this is a normal feeling or what.
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
        Hi Slickerk,

        I don't have much technical knowledge of your experience. However I used to
        experience the spinning you talked about in my teens (over 30 years ago). At
        the time I never told anyone about it as I thought everyone experienced it
        and it was "no big deal". I was never able to recreate those sensations.

        At the time it was simply a fun thing to do just before sleeping. I would
        roll one way then roll in the opposite direction - like a log on water in
        those log rolling competitions. Eventually I got bored with it.

        More recently I have read about OBE (out of body) experiences and astral
        projection. What you experienced appears to be along those lines. I would
        suggest reading up on these subjects. You could try searching Robert Bruce
        on the internet.

        From my experience, what ever you achieved you could loose very easily. That
        may be a good or bad thing. I have read posts from people who lost this
        ability and tried for months to recreate it. Others saw this is as
        interesting for a while but ultimately distracting in terms of their
        spiritual path.

        I hope this helps.

        ....Tony

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
          Thank you very much, I will definently read up on the subjects.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/