Disturbing Meditation

    Message 1 of 197 , Dec 10, 2001
      From an email: After two years of meditation�I
      became intensely frustrated.I began to have clairvoyant
      visions. I also began to feel like a <br>Cyclops with an
      extra eye in between my eyes, only a little higher than
      my natural eye level� I began to have many daily
      disturbing experiences, that <br>added to my frustration� I
      have gotten a couple of your newsletters and enjoyed
      them immensely.I interpret some of what you say about
      meditating as: A person should not be free thinking but
      should keep their mind in a meditative state 24 hours a
      day. In other words, I shouldn't review past
      hardships...<br>Partial reply: You are greatly in need of letting go of
      that which takes your peace away and replacing it with
      what brings you peace. If meditating helps, do it... I
      feel that you can never be free thinking without being
      meditative. If you take the thinking out of free thinking,
      you'll be free. I am referring to the habit of rehashing
      the past and fantasizing about the future. Clarvoince
      and third eye experiences are definitly interesting,
      but as you know first hand, they don't necessarily
      lead to the end of your suffering. Reality takes place
      now, and a chattering mind that is always
      judging,comparing, and commenting, will never let you experience the
      present moment, and thus, Reality. Let the past go and
      let the future present itself. Witness your life as
      it takes place. Meditate. And, as Ram Dass says, Be
      Here Now.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: