Re: Question

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 26 9:56 AM
      Yes that is me <rhyanna@c...> wrote:
      I am rather new to meditation and have a question. I seem to have
      no problem getting into a medatative state, it goes quite quickly.
      It
      is just when I do I almost immediately go into a state of complete
      and utter bliss too the point where tears of happiness stream down. I
      feel a complete and utter oneness with all and such a feeling of
      unconditional love and acceptance. The question is as I am new to
      this, is this normal? I do feel very relaxed afterwords which is
      good.
      Rhyanna

      Dear Rhyanna,
      What a wonder-full thing! I agree with Tony and don't feel that this
      is common to "new" meditators. But who knows - you may have been a
      meditator for many lifetimes. Bliss, loving unity, and happiness are
      beautiful experiences. These often come after much introspection, and
      one need not have had to "sit in meditation" to have had this occur
      as part of their life. The awareness within you that Witnessed these
      things is still Witnessing, and will remain "very relaxed" no matter
      what flows by in your life. At One with the inner Witness, bliss,
      insight, and other graces inevitably flow by. Enjoy! And when you are
      identified with things of the senses, emotions, and body, suffering
      will inevitably flow by. Learn and let go. Since you need not seek
      bliss, as it has found you and flows to you easily, what I think you
      should seek are the real consciousness evolving
      treasures....Compassion and Humility. These come automatically
      with suffering. What a beautiful win-win situation to be in. Enjoy
      the happiness that bliss brings, and enjoy the learning suffering
      brings. And by Grace, all seeking stops and All Witnessing is
      Realized. Thank you for sharing. Please continue.
    • Graham
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 22 4:53 PM
        I have just reacently gotten over a major stress issue... yet I
        contuine to find my mind drifting back to it. I don't really know
        what to do, and have a small handful of people to talk to it about.
        Can anyone help me?
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 22 10:18 PM
          Dear Graham,
          I guess that we can agree that you actually haven't "gotten over"
          the stress issue if your mind keeps pulling you back to it. There
          is a possibility that meditation (Raja Yoga) could be helpful to
          you. It's all about taming the mind and having you be its master,
          and not its slave. This does depend on the type of stress you have
          been going through, but if you do feel that meditation could benefit
          you, I am confident that there are many knowledgeable and
          compassionate people in this group who will be glad to give you
          wise guidance. We are here to help.
          "Graham" <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
          > I have just reacently gotten over a major stress issue... yet I
          > contuine to find my mind drifting back to it. I don't really know
          > what to do, and have a small handful of people to talk to it about.
          > Can anyone help me?
        • Graham
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 22 11:53 PM
            To be honest, there is no real one point of stress. I despise
            hearing or seeing arguements... and most of the time, I try to break
            them up. Half the time it works. The other half of the time I just
            end up having to shut up and leave the people who are arguing alone.
            I am also stressed about getting a job. I have been trying for 1 and
            a half years and yet have had no luck. Most of the time I have been
            given the ring around, or just told the place did not need help at
            the time, but they will keep my name on file. Plus, my parents are
            becoming, a total annoying to the depths of hell stress problem. I
            cannot yell at them, or I will get in trouble. My mother seems to
            rely on me to do everything somedays. On the weekends sometimes my
            dad drinks a little too much and he becomes a major pain in the a$$.
            Most nights I have been quietly meditating in my room, and have
            always found some way to keep myself happy for the next day and so
            on and so on. Of course, I have just been bottling the stress away,
            not letting it really bother me. But as it seems with every emotion
            I try and bottle away, two nights ago it finally blew. Of course,
            this raises a question. Is it wise to bottle away emotions?

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Dear Graham,
            > I guess that we can agree that you actually haven't "gotten over"
            > the stress issue if your mind keeps pulling you back to it. There
            > is a possibility that meditation (Raja Yoga) could be helpful to
            > you. It's all about taming the mind and having you be its master,
            > and not its slave. This does depend on the type of stress you have
            > been going through, but if you do feel that meditation could
            benefit
            > you, I am confident that there are many knowledgeable and
            > compassionate people in this group who will be glad to give you
            > wise guidance. We are here to help.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            > "Graham" <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
            > > I have just reacently gotten over a major stress issue... yet I
            > > contuine to find my mind drifting back to it. I don't really
            know
            > > what to do, and have a small handful of people to talk to it
            about.
            > > Can anyone help me?
          • mlcanow
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 27 8:31 AM
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Dear Graham,
              > I guess that we can agree that you actually haven't "gotten over"
              > the stress issue if your mind keeps pulling you back to it. There
              > is a possibility that meditation (Raja Yoga) could be helpful to
              > you. It's all about taming the mind and having you be its master,
              > and not its slave. This does depend on the type of stress you have
              > been going through, but if you do feel that meditation could benefit
              > you, I am confident that there are many knowledgeable and
              > compassionate people in this group who will be glad to give you
              > wise guidance. We are here to help.
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob
              > "Graham" <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
              > > I have just reacently gotten over a major stress issue... yet I
              > > contuine to find my mind drifting back to it. I don't really know
              > > what to do, and have a small handful of people to talk to it
              about.
              > > Can anyone help me?

              Hello Graham,
              the answer to this is not so difficult. Even if you are still living
              the issue that causes so much stress, the following excercise would
              be very helpful, and you may apply it every time in your life.
              Thoughts come and go. You can observe this. You are always there, but
              thoughts come, and then they leave and disappear.
              An issue is a thought. You can observe this too. No thought of it, no
              issue. The reccurence of some thoughts is very natural, it is how
              mind works. Mind in this case is the bundle of thoughts. The way mind
              (defined as this) survives, is trying to stay, pretending that the
              thought will be eternal, but it is not. A thought cannot survive for
              ever. It goes.
              Peace is what you are. Peace is the base, thoughts appear to obscure
              that peace. When the thought goes, peace is felt again. So peace is
              always there, the struggles that thoughts bring with them just come,
              and then go. This is very important to observe. It is basic.
              Imagine a thief. When the thief is caught in its robbery, what does
              he do? He runs away as quickly as possible, the thief disappears.
              Now, imagine the thought as a thief. What is this thief trying to
              steal? Peace. As soon as the thought is observed as what it is, (just
              a thought), it will disappear.
              Observe how thoughts arise, but do not follow them, do not feed them,
              so that they starve and then leave. Observe how they leave. Another
              thought will try to take its place, you may do the same thing, or may
              just not worry at all.

              I hope this helps, it is a practice highly recommended by the sages.

              All the love,
              maria luisa