Re: Twitching and stuff

    Message 1 of 197 , Dec 6, 2001
      Great question! Every meditator has moments when
      their body, mind, or emotions distract them. This is
      the way that the inner Chatterer keeps you from
      gaining mastery over your mind and keeps you in a
      slave-like state. One way to deal with this is to simply
      Witness the changes silently, without comparing, judging,
      or commenting. Just Witness. Eventually, your
      mind/body/emotions will tire, and cease their gyrations. You are not
      the shaking of your body, the fluctuations of your
      emotions, or the uncontrolled thoughts of your mind. You
      are your Witness, the awareness that is ever present.
      The more you are at one with it, the closer you are
      to Self-mastery. The Witness can recognize the
      distractions and simply not react. When this happens, you are
      free, and can act as you chose, and not simply react.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for