Re: Pranayama Meditation

    Message 1 of 197 , Nov 27, 2001
      Dear Tony,<br>Pranayama deals with the movement
      of energy and specifically the way to do it using
      breath. Breath takes place now, in the present, and
      paying attention to the breath leads to witnessing your
      life as it takes place instead of the usual rehashing
      the past and fantasizing about the future syndrome
      that we are usually caught up in. Next to Mantras,
      pranayama is the most commonly used method of meditation,
      and even non-meditators do it all the time. Those who
      don't are called corpses. <br>Seriously, there are many
      different pranayama techniques, some simple, like simply
      inhaling for 1 second, holding the breath for 1 second and
      exhaling for 1 second. Combining this method with mental
      activity is very beneficial. For instance, while inhaling,
      feel and visualize some divine attribute coming into
      you, like peace. While holding the breath for 1
      second, visualize the attribute, peace in this case,
      spread through every cell in your body. With your
      exhale, send a negative charastic out of you, like fear.
      So, you would inhale Peace, let it fill you, and
      exhale fear. Inevitably, you will feel and experience
      the peace that is your birthright and that fear has
      prevented you from knowing. <br>There are other techniques
      posted on Meditation Station
      you is titled 4-4-8. It is used by many practicioners
      who have made it their "main" meditation technique. I
      hope this helps.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: