TM's Mantras

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 12:48 AM
      There's a discussion going on now on the
      alt.meditation.transcendental
      newsgroup about whether or not TM's mantras can be learned from a
      book, and avoid the big bucks they charge. A URL was posted that
      gives them for free, as well as discussing their origin and alot of
      other things that the TM organization may not be thrilled about being
      made public. The URL is at:
      http://www.trancenet.org/secrets/mantras.shtml
      I also saw a post that mentioned they now are offering a course
      selling Enlightenment for $1,000,000. I'm sharing this info because I
      get asked about TM very often ( 2 times today!), and thought you
      might do well to check this out before running out with your million
      (or even the $2600 I have been told it now costs for the basic
      technique). I know that many of my students and many of our members
      have tried TM and none have stayed with it, but as far as I am
      concerned, the $$$ should not be a consideration if you do receive
      everlasting peace via this technique. Also, maybe the reason that I
      don't know anyone personally who is still "doing TM", is because they
      wouldn't have sought out other methodologies if they were happy with
      TM, and thus wouldn't have contacted me or the Society. I often check
      into the alt.meditation.transcedental news group, and as you will see
      if you follow it for a while, there are alot of differing opinions
      about it (probably many more negative ones than positive). So, it
      surely isn't the "perfect for everyone" system that some of their
      adherents claim. I do feel that mantra is a very good method and is
      probably the most used technique in the world, but I don't think that
      any word they sell you will beat the power of OM, which is pretty
      well explained on Meditation Station,
      http://www.meditationsociety.com
      in the archive section (meditation #44). This will also be the
      featured article in the upcoming issue of our newsletter, The Inner
      Traveler. OM is priceless, and thus doesn't have any $ attached to
      sharing it. I also don't feel that their selling levitation
      (hopping?) techniques for thousands of dollars has any value at all
      spiritually, but may be valuable to some for reasons I can't
      appreciate. I hope sharing this helps those wondering about TM in
      some way.