the truth must be regarded as a snare / Nina

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2003
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > > This is supression, not truth, and is commonly how
      > > advocates of meditation understand meditation.
      >
      > I've been breezing through posts, playing half-hearted hopeless
      catch-
      > up. The line above reminded me of a quote from Søren Kierkegaard:
      >
      > "The truth is a snare: you cannot have it, without being caught.
      You
      > cannot have the truth in such a way that you catch it, but only in
      > such a way that it catches you."
      >
      > Nina

      Yes!

      It snares you, not because you deserve it,
      and not because you were really ready for it.

      You were as ready as you could be, but desparately
      going in the opposite direction.

      And it caught you anyway!

      This truth is drastic.

      It loves you too much to let you live.

      Not that it has feelings for you, it doesn't.

      It knows you can't touch it.

      So, it won't smother you.

      Far from it.

      It doesn't have any space for you at all in it.

      All it can do is snare you.

      -- Drumming Dan