Re: Jumping off

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      Hi Diana --

      I enjoyed what you said below.

      What you say rings true -- except for this:

      The gap is imagined.

      Time never catches "what is" -- and
      the interpretations made from a perspective
      in time are necessarily distorted.

      So, there is no way to measure how long the
      gap is between "what is" and the reaction
      by memory/thought/perception/registry of sensation.

      Time is an invention of perception.

      The gap could be judged at .5 seconds, or
      as a hundred years, or as ten aeons.

      I like very much what you said about
      the succession of "I"'s -- yes, that is so.

      But, there being no way to cross the imagined
      gap -- there is no lengthening of the gap,
      as you described.

      There is only ending of any sense that the
      I's have it.

      They don't, never could, never did, never will.

      In other words, there is no way for I to cross
      the gap, nor to be a being who is "in the gap"
      or "lengthening the gap."

      One can't get to the other side.

      The attempt to get there, or to live in the gap,
      collapses.

      Upon that collapse, one *is* on the other side --
      has always been on the other side -- there
      has never been anything which could get
      across the gap that never existed ...

      But "time" casts a spell, because it is
      intrinsic to perception, memory, thought,
      and registration of sensation ...

      Timeless love,
      Dan