Work to do after Enlightenment

    Message 1 of 20 , May 3, 2003
      We'll never know for sure because it is possible that there are others
      whose followers, or they themselves never have "gone public", but the
      Guru who may have had the greatest number of disciples who attained
      Realization in the 20th Century was Swami Sivananda. He has left over
      350 books he authored that well demonstrate his first hand experience
      and understanding of Enlightenment. But in his own eyes, he never saw
      himself as something special. He would let his followers give him
      flowers, pranam to him, sing his praises, and so on, as is the custom
      in India. It was his habit to then go to his very humble room (he had
      no Rolls Royces or Rolex's either), and hit himself on his back with
      books while berating himself to himself with statements like "Who do
      you think you are? You're just a sack of skin, filled with feces,
      puss, urine, bile, etc" and other similar "beam me back down to earth,
      Scotty" type statements. Why? Because he felt that all the glories
      that he was showered with might divert him from his aim of helping
      others. His whole life was one of service to others. He had been a
      physician, and never stopped trying to heal the sick of body, mind,
      emotions, or spirit. His entire teaching was summed up in the simple
      formula "Be good. Do good." And the things he pointed to directly as
      the greatest things to work on before and after Enlightenment were
      compassion and humility. I am sharing this now because there is such a
      tremendous amount of Guru bashing going on at various internet groups
      and web sites. What I suggest is that if there is a judgement about a
      Guru to be made, it should be made upon the criteria of "Are they
      compassionate and humble? Are they teaching that and living that?",
      and of course, the content of the wisdom they share. It should not be
      about their looks, what they wear, or even if they have or don't have
      Rolls Royces.
      And if you do find peace when you meditate about them and what they
      teach, they may very well be worth continuing to learn from. And if
      you meditate about them or what they teach, and it takes your peace
      away, they are not a Guru for you, and you should not squander any
      more energy on them by trying to tear them down, get revenge, feeling
      anger over what they do, and so on. Just be compassionate towards
      them, and stop carrying them around by filling your mind with thoughts
      about them, or letting your body get tense, or your emotions get
      riled up. Those type things just feed into your feelings of
      self-importance and take away your humility and compassion, and thus
      stop your spiritual evolution in its tracks. Be compassionate to
      yourself. Don't let others (even if they are Enlightened) actions
      create waves in your inner ocean. And if they say or do something that
      you take personally, take that as an opportunity to experience
      humility. You know - the "Turn the other cheek" thing. Oh yeah, one
      other thing - I'm not advocating beating yourself with books. When you
      see yourself filling up with pride because of some received praise,
      it's OK to just smile, accept it, and go on with the quest for more
      humility and compassion in gentler ways:-)
    • dan330033
      Message 2 of 20 , May 3, 2003
        As one great teacher said, about those seeking to get
        into states and those offering them, "the blind
        leading the blind."

        "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

        "Truth walked among them, but they knew it not."

        If Truth which is Life chooses you, you will know it
        immediately -- or if not, one may
        continue as a self with its images --
        images of states to be in or out of, anti-gurus,
        pro-gurus, guru-promoting, guru-bashing,
        guru-evaluating in the right and wrong ways, and
        techniques to be in favor of or against.

        Either Truth is the meditation that is doing you --
        or you are trying to do meditation to have an
        experience, to know something, to attain a realization ...

        The truth is right here, is not a drug or a state,
        is not something familiar, is not an image to
        which you have reactions pro or con.

        If Truth works through you, then there is only Truth --
        not anything or anyone apart -- to be promoted, bashed,
        to get into or out of a state --

        -- Dan

      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 20 , May 3, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
          > them, and stop carrying them around by filling your mind with thoughts
          > about them, or letting your body get tense, or your emotions get
          > riled up. Those type things just feed into your feelings of
          > self-importance and take away your humility and compassion, and thus
          > stop your spiritual evolution in its tracks. Be compassionate to
          > yourself. Don't let others (even if they are Enlightened) actions
          > create waves in your inner ocean. And if they say or do something that
          > you take personally, take that as an opportunity to experience
          > humility. You know - the "Turn the other cheek" thing. Oh yeah, one
          > other thing - I'm not advocating beating yourself with books. When you
          > see yourself filling up with pride because of some received praise,
          > it's OK to just smile, accept it, and go on with the quest for more
          > humility and compassion in gentler ways:-)

          thank you Bob, I should memorise
          this

          Peace, Karta
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 20 , May 3, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033" <dan330033@y...> wrote:
            > As one great teacher said, about those seeking to get
            > into states and those offering them, "the blind
            > leading the blind."
            >
            > "There are none so blind as those who will not see."
            >
            > "Truth walked among them, but they knew it not."
            >
            > If Truth which is Life chooses you, you will know it
            > immediately -- or if not, one may
            > continue as a self with its images --
            > images of states to be in or out of, anti-gurus,
            > pro-gurus, guru-promoting, guru-bashing,
            > guru-evaluating in the right and wrong ways, and
            > techniques to be in favor of or against.
            >

            > Either Truth is the meditation that is doing you --
            > or you are trying to do meditation to have an
            > experience, to know something, to attain a realization ...
            >
            > The truth is right here, is not a drug or a state,
            > is not something familiar, is not an image to
            > which you have reactions pro or con.

            Come off it pleeeeze Dan!

            you sound like that mutated oki when
            talking about "stastes* etc

            THERE IS NO LIFE WITHOUT BEINFG IN
            A *SATE*

            OK?`

            and some choses to work on refning it

            Karta

> [...]
            > thoughts
            > > about them, or letting your body get tense, or your emotions get
            > > riled up. Those type things just feed into your feelings of
            > > self-importance and take away your humility and compassion, and thus
            > > stop your spiritual evolution in its tracks. Be compassionate to
            > > yourself. Don't let others (even if they are Enlightened) actions
            > > create waves in your inner ocean. And if they say or do something
            > that
            > > you take personally, take that as an opportunity to experience
            > > humility. You know - the "Turn the other cheek" thing. Oh yeah, one
            > > other thing - I'm not advocating beating yourself with books. When
            > you
            > > see yourself filling up with pride because of some received praise,
            > > it's OK to just smile, accept it, and go on with the quest for more
            > > humility and compassion in gentler ways:-)
          • dan330033
            Message 5 of 20 , May 3, 2003
              <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033"
              <dan330033@y...> wrote:
              > > As one great teacher said, about those seeking to get
              > > into states and those offering them, "the blind
              > > leading the blind."
              > >
              > > "There are none so blind as those who will not see."
              > >
              > > "Truth walked among them, but they knew it not."
              > >
              > > If Truth which is Life chooses you, you will know it
              > > immediately -- or if not, one may
              > > continue as a self with its images --
              > > images of states to be in or out of, anti-gurus,
              > > pro-gurus, guru-promoting, guru-bashing,
              > > guru-evaluating in the right and wrong ways, and
              > > techniques to be in favor of or against.
              > >

              > > Either Truth is the meditation that is doing you --
              > > or you are trying to do meditation to have an
              > > experience, to know something, to attain a realization ...
              > >
              > > The truth is right here, is not a drug or a state,
              > > is not something familiar, is not an image to
              > > which you have reactions pro or con.
              > >

              > Come off it pleeeeze Dan!
              >
              > you sound like that mutated oki when
              > talking about "stastes* etc
              >
              > THERE IS NO LIFE WITHOUT BEINFG IN
              > A *SATE*
              >
              > OK?`
              >
              > and some choses to work on refning it
              >
              > Karta

              Karta -

              This is exactly why Gautama said "life is suffering"
              because of the going in and out of states of being.

              And you can work on going into your desired states
              all you want -- that is nothing but your suffering.

              Gautama taught the end of suffering.

              It is the end of the one going in and out of states,
              and of the states of which that one goes in and out.

              Of course, the one going in and out of states, isn't
              going to like this news, and will find all kinds
              of ways to ignore and distort this truth if possible,
              so as to keep on with the same old investments,
              whether dressed in spiritual or material clothes.

              -- Dan

            • Jason Fishman
              Message 6 of 20 , May 3, 2003
                Howdy Karta,

                > > Come off it pleeeeze Dan!

                Jason: Dan can't come off it, he can't even get on it.

                > > you sound like that mutated oki when
                > > talking about "stastes* etc
                > >
                > > THERE IS NO LIFE WITHOUT BEINFG IN
                > > A *SATE*
                > >
                > > OK?`

                Jason: Why then, isn't this as obvious as your stating
                it is? I just can't seem to figure out an arguement
                that is presented..

                > > and some choses to work on refning it

                Jason: Very good, this refinement sounds like fun!

                > > Karta
                >
                > Karta -

                Howdy over there Dan,

                > This is exactly why Gautama said "life is suffering"
                > because of the going in and out of states of
                > being.

                Jason: Funny, I'm certain I like to suffer :)

                > And you can work on going into your desired states
                > all you want -- that is nothing but your
                > suffering.

                Jason: No one really has a choice but to work on the
                commings and goings, it seems. So, in turn those
                commings and goings are beginings and endings
                perpetuated by the desire to be a comer and goer. In
                this sense there is no begining or ending.

                > Gautama taught the end of suffering.

                Jason: No end, only the belief that it's over. When it
                does end we won't know about it.

                > It is the end of the one going in and out of states,
                > and of the states of which that one goes in and
                > out.

                Jason: HaHa!

                > Of course, the one going in and out of states, isn't
                > going to like this news, and will find all kinds
                > of ways to ignore and distort this truth if
                > possible,
                > so as to keep on with the same old investments,
                > whether dressed in spiritual or material clothes.

                Jason: A perfect definition of our seperation in this
                union. I think what is obvious here is to notice that
                since we all are comers and goers, this being
                dreadfully obvious, in that instant there is a union.
                Then the in and out states can be seen and enjoyed.

                > > > If Truth works through you, then there is only
                > Truth --
                > > > not anything or anyone apart -- to be
                > promoted, bashed,
                > > > to get into or out of a state --

                Jason: If there is only truth then I'm sure we would
                all be within the parameters of only this truth (of
                course there isn't only truth since truth would have
                no parameters) Unfortunatly the ones that desire to
                know this as truth are still the ones perpetuating the
                comming and goings. I know what your saying about
                truth here, I just enjoy giving us shit about all our
                commings and goings.

                > > > -- Dan

                Peace and Love

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • satkartar7
                Message 7 of 20 , May 3, 2003
                  Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                  > Howdy Karta,

                  Howdy!? oh did I hurt an oki?

                  sorry I meant a cow not an oki

                  <grin>

                  Jason! one is ALWAYS coming in and
                  out of states

                  when you are having a diarreah *state*
                  you will come out of it after
                  taking a shit

                  that is enough lecture for now

                  meditate on this

                  Love, Karta

                  > K: Come off it pleeeeze Dan!
                  >
                  > Jason: Dan can't come off it, he can't even get on it.
                  >

                  > K: you sound like that mutated oki when
                  > talking about "stastes* etc
                  >
                  > THERE IS NO LIFE WITHOUT BEINFG IN
                  > A *SATE*
                  >
                  > OK?`
                  >
                  > Jason: Why then, isn't this as obvious as your stating
                  > it is? I just can't seem to figure out an arguement
                  > that is presented..
                  >
                  > K: and some choses to work on refning it
                  >
                  > Jason: Very good, this refinement sounds like fun!
                  >

                  > Howdy over there Dan,
                  >
                  > > This is exactly why Gautama said "life is suffering"
                  > > because of the going in and out of states of
                  > > being.
                  >
                  > Jason: Funny, I'm certain I like to suffer :)
                  >
                  > > And you can work on going into your desired states
                  > > all you want -- that is nothing but your
                  > > suffering.
                  >
                  > Jason: No one really has a choice but to work on the
                  > commings and goings, it seems. So, in turn those
                  > commings and goings are beginings and endings
                  > perpetuated by the desire to be a comer and goer. In
                  > this sense there is no begining or ending.
                  >
                  > > Gautama taught the end of suffering.
                  >
                  > Jason: No end, only the belief that it's over. When it
                  > does end we won't know about it.
                  >
                  > > It is the end of the one going in and out of states,
                  > > and of the states of which that one goes in and
                  > > out.
                  >
                  > Jason: HaHa!
                  >
                  > > Of course, the one going in and out of states, isn't
                  > > going to like this news, and will find all kinds
                  > > of ways to ignore and distort this truth if
                  > > possible,
                  > > so as to keep on with the same old investments,
                  > > whether dressed in spiritual or material clothes.
                  >
                  > Jason: A perfect definition of our seperation in this
                  > union. I think what is obvious here is to notice that
                  > since we all are comers and goers, this being
                  > dreadfully obvious, in that instant there is a union.
                  > Then the in and out states can be seen and enjoyed.

                  > > Truth --
                  > > promoted, bashed,
                  >
                  > Jason: If there is only truth then I'm sure we would
                  > all be within the parameters of only this truth (of
                  > course there isn't only truth since truth would have
                  > no parameters) Unfortunatly the ones that desire to
                  > know this as truth are still the ones perpetuating the
                  > comming and goings. I know what your saying about
                  > truth here, I just enjoy giving us shit about all our
                  > commings and goings.

                  > Peace and Love

                  > http://search.yahoo.com
                • dan330033
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 3, 2003
                    Hi Jason --

                    Nice hearing from you.

                    You wrote, in part:

                    > Jason: No one really has a choice but to work on the
                    > commings and goings, it seems. So, in turn those
                    > commings and goings are beginings and endings
                    > perpetuated by the desire to be a comer and goer. In
                    > this sense there is no begining or ending.

                    As I see it: as there is insight, there is no
                    beginning or ending. with no insight, there is
                    habitual acceptance of existing as one who comes in
                    and goes out of states of being.

                    Insight doesn't come into one, nor does one go
                    into it. Realizing this noncoming, nongoing,
                    one is then free to come and go, as you suggest.

                    > > Gautama taught the end of suffering.
                    >
                    > Jason: No end, only the belief that it's over. When it
                    > does end we won't know about it.

                    The it that ends, is the it that has a beginning.

                    The beginnningless, endless, being clarity itself,
                    can never leave or enter.

                    > > It is the end of the one going in and out of states,
                    > > and of the states of which that one goes in and
                    > > out.
                    >
                    > Jason: HaHa!

                    Ho ho!

                    > > Of course, the one going in and out of states, isn't
                    > > going to like this news, and will find all kinds
                    > > of ways to ignore and distort this truth if
                    > > possible,
                    > > so as to keep on with the same old investments,
                    > > whether dressed in spiritual or material clothes.
                    >
                    > Jason: A perfect definition of our seperation in this
                    > union. I think what is obvious here is to notice that
                    > since we all are comers and goers, this being
                    > dreadfully obvious, in that instant there is a union.
                    > Then the in and out states can be seen and enjoyed.

                    What's enjoyed, for me, is the noncoming, nongoing,
                    that allows comings and goings to be seen through,
                    instantly -- and yes, day to day life of comings
                    and goings, attaching and detaching, can be "suffered"
                    in equanimity -- none of it is any problem --
                    and none of it is exempted -- all of it, as is,
                    is "this" ...

                    > > Truth --
                    > > promoted, bashed,
                    >
                    > Jason: If there is only truth then I'm sure we would
                    > all be within the parameters of only this truth (of
                    > course there isn't only truth since truth would have
                    > no parameters) Unfortunatly the ones that desire to
                    > know this as truth are still the ones perpetuating the
                    > comming and goings. I know what your saying about
                    > truth here, I just enjoy giving us shit about all our
                    > commings and goings.

                    What you're saying seems valid to me.

                    Although this truth has no exemptions, and nothing
                    and no one is left out -- knowing this from
                    deep in one's bones isn't the common state of
                    affairs. People tend to protect a self that
                    began and will end, which enters and leaves
                    states, and which gains and loses. Realizing
                    the truth that comes and goes not, none of the
                    self-protection is bad, wrong or out of place --
                    merely seen through. And seeing through is what
                    truth is, when it "grabs" you, so to speak.
                    When truth grabs you, you realize you are utterly
                    subjugated from before the beginning.
                    If truth doesn't grab you, you can't make yourself
                    be grabbed. All you can do is enjoy your comings
                    and goings in and out of states, until there aren't
                    any, and it is clear there never have been for anyone,
                    anywhere, at any time.

                    Peace,
                    Dan
                  • Jason Fishman
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 4, 2003
                      --- dan330033 <dan330033@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Jason --
                      >
                      > Nice hearing from you.

                      Jason: Always a pleasure to read your posts as well.

                      > You wrote, in part:
                      >
                      > > Jason: No one really has a choice but to work on
                      > the
                      > > commings and goings, it seems. So, in turn those
                      > > commings and goings are beginings and endings
                      > > perpetuated by the desire to be a comer and goer.
                      > In
                      > > this sense there is no begining or ending.
                      >
                      > As I see it: as there is insight, there is no
                      > beginning or ending. with no insight, there is
                      > habitual acceptance of existing as one who comes
                      > in
                      > and goes out of states of being.
                      >
                      > Insight doesn't come into one, nor does one go
                      > into it. Realizing this noncoming, nongoing,
                      > one is then free to come and go, as you suggest.

                      Jason: Insight sounds grand, doesn't it? So grandious
                      this seeing through can be.

                      > > > Gautama taught the end of suffering.
                      > >
                      > > Jason: No end, only the belief that it's over.
                      > When it
                      > > does end we won't know about it.
                      >
                      > The it that ends, is the it that has a beginning.
                      >
                      > The beginnningless, endless, being clarity itself,
                      > can never leave or enter.

                      Jason: makes sense to me

                      > > > It is the end of the one going in and out of
                      > states,
                      > > > and of the states of which that one goes in
                      > and
                      > > > out.
                      > >
                      > > Jason: HaHa!
                      >
                      > Ho ho!

                      Jason: who who? ... He She!

                      > > > Of course, the one going in and out of states,
                      > isn't
                      > > > going to like this news, and will find all
                      > kinds
                      > > > of ways to ignore and distort this truth if
                      > > > possible,
                      > > > so as to keep on with the same old
                      > investments,
                      > > > whether dressed in spiritual or material
                      > clothes.
                      > >
                      > > Jason: A perfect definition of our seperation in
                      > this
                      > > union. I think what is obvious here is to notice
                      > that
                      > > since we all are comers and goers, this being
                      > > dreadfully obvious, in that instant there is a
                      > union.
                      > > Then the in and out states can be seen and
                      > enjoyed.
                      >
                      > What's enjoyed, for me, is the noncoming, nongoing,
                      > that allows comings and goings to be seen through,
                      > instantly -- and yes, day to day life of comings
                      > and goings, attaching and detaching, can be
                      > "suffered"
                      > in equanimity -- none of it is any problem --
                      > and none of it is exempted -- all of it, as is,
                      > is "this" ...

                      Jason: Yes, more sounding sensical. Even thought it
                      sounds like a problem, I would have to say the trouble
                      is there isn't much seeing comming.

                      > only
                      > > > Truth --
                      > > > promoted, bashed,
                      > >
                      > > Jason: If there is only truth then I'm sure we
                      > would
                      > > all be within the parameters of only this truth
                      > (of
                      > > course there isn't only truth since truth would
                      > have
                      > > no parameters) Unfortunatly the ones that desire
                      > > know this as truth are still the ones perpetuating
                      > the
                      > > comming and goings. I know what your saying about
                      > > truth here, I just enjoy giving us shit about all
                      > our
                      > > commings and goings.
                      >
                      > What you're saying seems valid to me.
                      >
                      > Although this truth has no exemptions, and nothing
                      > and no one is left out -- knowing this from
                      > deep in one's bones isn't the common state of
                      > affairs.

                      Jason: I tend to think that knowing is a much common
                      affair, I tend to think seeing isn't. The sight seen
                      or unseen is a common affair, yet the seeing without
                      sight, quite uncommon indeed.

                      > People tend to protect a self that
                      > began and will end, which enters and leaves
                      > states, and which gains and loses. Realizing
                      > the truth that comes and goes not, none of the
                      > self-protection is bad, wrong or out of place --
                      > merely seen through. And seeing through is what
                      > truth is, when it "grabs" you, so to speak.
                      > When truth grabs you, you realize you are utterly
                      > subjugated from before the beginning.
                      > If truth doesn't grab you, you can't make yourself
                      > be grabbed. All you can do is enjoy your comings
                      > and goings in and out of states, until there
                      > aren't
                      > any, and it is clear there never have been for
                      > anyone,
                      > anywhere, at any time.

                      Jason: I suppose this non-sense makes sense as well.
                      Why then does it seem to me that no one is free from
                      the truth that grabs, so to speak? Why does it seem
                      more so that there is much attempting to get away from
                      the truth that has never let go of anyone, anywhere,
                      at any time? I see the answers, yet you do much better
                      at making them sound nicer, to those that like nice
                      sounding answers :)

                      > Peace,
                      > Dan

                      Peace and Love

                      http://search.yahoo.com
                    • dan330033
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 4, 2003
                        Hi Jason --

                        > Jason: Insight sounds grand, doesn't it? So grandious
                        > this seeing through can be.

                        No, not at all.

                        That's a misunderstanding of insight.

                        It occupies no space, has no weight,
                        serves no purpose for anyone.

                        snip

                        > Jason: makes sense to me

                        Me, too.

                        Also, "makes sense of me."

                        > Jason: I tend to think that knowing is a much common
                        > affair, I tend to think seeing isn't. The sight seen
                        > or unseen is a common affair, yet the seeing without
                        > sight, quite uncommon indeed.

                        Yes, I agree.

                        > Jason: I suppose this non-sense makes sense as well.
                        > Why then does it seem to me that no one is free from
                        > the truth that grabs, so to speak? Why does it seem
                        > more so that there is much attempting to get away from
                        > the truth that has never let go of anyone, anywhere,
                        > at any time?

                        Sad, but true.

                        Well-said.

                        > I see the answers, yet you do much better
                        > at making them sound nicer, to those that like nice
                        > sounding answers :)

                        Heh, heh.

                        Yup -- truth ain't pretty -- but therefore,
                        it ain't ugly, neither.

                        Peace upon you,
                        Dan
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 20 , May 4, 2003
                          --- dan330033 <dan330033@...> wrote:
                          > Hi Jason --
                          >
                          > > Jason: Insight sounds grand, doesn't it? So
                          > grandious
                          > > this seeing through can be.
                          >
                          > No, not at all.
                          >
                          > That's a misunderstanding of insight.
                          >
                          > It occupies no space, has no weight,
                          > serves no purpose for anyone.

                          Jason: That's ok, no word has weight, serves any
                          purpose for anyone anywhere at anytime or will ever be
                          able to be good or bad for anyone. I would have to
                          advocate this word "insight" as being misunderstood
                          entirely. I do believe that this insight is inborn and
                          get's trampled on by identities that advocate words
                          just like insight, to say that those words have some
                          type of benifit over some other word, such as cabbage
                          or daring.

                          Peace and Love

                          http://search.yahoo.com
                        • texasbg2000
                          Message 12 of 20 , May 4, 2003
                            <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                            > --- dan330033 <dan330033@y...> wrote:
                            > > Hi Jason --
                            > >
                            > > > Jason: Insight sounds grand, doesn't it? So
                            > > grandious
                            > > > this seeing through can be.
                            > >
                            > > No, not at all.
                            > >
                            > > That's a misunderstanding of insight.
                            > >
                            > > It occupies no space, has no weight,
                            > > serves no purpose for anyone.
                            >
                            > Jason: That's ok, no word has weight, serves any
                            > purpose for anyone anywhere at anytime or will ever be
                            > able to be good or bad for anyone. I would have to
                            > advocate this word "insight" as being misunderstood
                            > entirely. I do believe that this insight is inborn and
                            > get's trampled on by identities that advocate words
                            > just like insight, to say that those words have some
                            > type of benifit over some other word, such as cabbage
                            > or daring.
                            >
                            > Peace and Love

                            This caught my eye Jason just as I am going to bed. 'no word has'
                            weight'. I am sure you mean that people give weight to words or
                            not.

                            The power of the word is legendary. Propaganda rests on the power of
                            the word. Everyone is influenced against their will by words whether
                            they want to be or not. You are marketed daily by sellers. All you
                            have to do is tell yourself you are sick and you will be sick. Tell
                            yourself you are horney and you will be.

                            communication happens whether you want it or not. Words have power
                            even if the power is to create the illusion that they are powerless
                            which is what you wanted. When the ability to speak exists then
                            silence is also a message.

                            Love
                            Bobby G.
                          • Jason Fishman
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 4, 2003
                              --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@...> wrote:
                              > Jason Fishman
                              > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > --- dan330033 <dan330033@y...> wrote:
                              > > > Hi Jason --

                              > > > grandious
                              > > >
                              > > > No, not at all.
                              > > >
                              > > > That's a misunderstanding of insight.
                              > > >
                              > > > It occupies no space, has no weight,
                              > > > serves no purpose for anyone.
                              > >
                              > > Jason: That's ok, no word has weight, serves any
                              > > purpose for anyone anywhere at anytime or will
                              > ever be
                              > > able to be good or bad for anyone. I would have to
                              > > advocate this word "insight" as being
                              > misunderstood
                              > > entirely. I do believe that this insight is inborn
                              > and
                              > > get's trampled on by identities that advocate
                              > words
                              > > just like insight, to say that those words have
                              > some
                              > > type of benifit over some other word, such as
                              > cabbage
                              > > or daring.
                              > >
                              > > Peace and Love
                              >
                              > This caught my eye Jason just as I am going to bed.
                              > 'no word has'
                              > weight'. I am sure you mean that people give weight
                              > to words or
                              > not.

                              Jason: Glad it caught your eye, catching an artisic
                              eye is a good thing to me. Yes, that is what I mean.
                              In seeing that catching your eye is a good thing I'm
                              adding weight to your words and it brings forth the
                              happy emotion of your artistic eye taking notice.

                              > The power of the word is legendary. Propaganda
                              > rests on the power of
                              > the word. Everyone is influenced against their will
                              > by words whether
                              > they want to be or not. You are marketed daily by
                              > sellers. All you
                              > have to do is tell yourself you are sick and you
                              > will be sick. Tell
                              > yourself you are horney and you will be.

                              Jason: Words are, as is the power of the elements
                              legendary (earth, wind, water, fire). Those that take
                              to the words as legendary are preyed apon as those
                              that will not swim in the water since they may drown,
                              fly in the sky for they may fall, climb a mountain as
                              to not be lost in it's height or bask in the warmth of
                              fire as to not get burned.

                              > communication happens whether you want it or not.

                              Jason: This is true for those that take a
                              communication as a happening. I would have to say that
                              there is nothing but communication in an infinite
                              amount forms, even when nothing is said. If this
                              communication is always occuring, when can it be said
                              that communication can not be a happening?

                              > Words have power
                              > even if the power is to create the illusion that
                              > they are powerless
                              > which is what you wanted. When the ability to speak
                              > exists then
                              > silence is also a message.

                              Jason: When the moment comes that words hold no edge
                              to an identity then it can be said that words have no
                              power. I can never maintain the edge of words, they
                              dull with each passing moment. What I can say is that
                              there is no power greater then lossing the edge of
                              words, just as the earth blocks the wind, water douses
                              the flames, etc. One will never remove oneself from
                              the cycle of power, as this cycle of power is the
                              perpetuation of all communication. One can only
                              observe and react throughout every conceived notion of
                              power.

                              > Love
                              > Bobby G.

                              Peace and Love to you Bobby.

                              http://search.yahoo.com
                            • texasbg2000
                              Message 14 of 20 , May 5, 2003

                                .

                                > > The power of the word is legendary. Propaganda
                                > > rests on the power of
                                > > the word. Everyone is influenced against their will
                                > > by words whether
                                > > they want to be or not. You are marketed daily by
                                > > sellers. All you
                                > > have to do is tell yourself you are sick and you
                                > > will be sick. Tell
                                > > yourself you are horney and you will be.
                                >
                                > Jason: Words are, as is the power of the elements
                                > legendary (earth, wind, water, fire). Those that take
                                > to the words as legendary are preyed apon as those
                                > that will not swim in the water since they may drown,
                                > fly in the sky for they may fall, climb a mountain as
                                > to not be lost in it's height or bask in the warmth of
                                > fire as to not get burned.

                                > > communication happens whether you want it or not.
                                >
                                > Jason: This is true for those that take a
                                > communication as a happening. I would have to say that
                                > there is nothing but communication in an infinite
                                > amount forms, even when nothing is said. If this
                                > communication is always occuring, when can it be said
                                > that communication can not be a happening?
                                >
                                > > Words have power
                                > > even if the power is to create the illusion that
                                > > they are powerless
                                > > which is what you wanted. When the ability to speak
                                > > exists then
                                > > silence is also a message.
                                >
                                > Jason: When the moment comes that words hold no edge
                                > to an identity then it can be said that words have no
                                > power. I can never maintain the edge of words, they
                                > dull with each passing moment. What I can say is that
                                > there is no power greater then lossing the edge of
                                > words, just as the earth blocks the wind, water douses
                                > the flames, etc. One will never remove oneself from
                                > the cycle of power, as this cycle of power is the
                                > perpetuation of all communication. One can only
                                > observe and react throughout every conceived notion of
                                > power.
                                >
                                > Peace and Love to you Bobby.

                                yes we agree that the power of words diminish with understanding.
                                Communication needs to be more powerful though. We need to come
                                together more.
                                (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                I have said before that we all on this board are very close together
                                in what we believe. There is an element of disagreement but we do
                                speak the same language.

                                Love
                                Bobby G.
                              • satkartar7
                                Message 15 of 20 , May 5, 2003

                                  > > > The power of the word is legendary. Propaganda
                                  > > > rests on the power of
                                  > > > the word. Everyone is influenced against their will
                                  > > > by words whether
                                  > > > they want to be or not. You are marketed daily by
                                  > > > sellers. All you
                                  > > > have to do is tell yourself you are sick and you
                                  > > > will be sick. Tell
                                  > > > yourself you are horney and you will be.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jason: Words are, as is the power of the elements
                                  > > legendary (earth, wind, water, fire). Those that take
                                  > > to the words as legendary are preyed apon as those
                                  > > that will not swim in the water since they may drown,
                                  > > fly in the sky for they may fall, climb a mountain as
                                  > > to not be lost in it's height or bask in the warmth of
                                  > > fire as to not get burned.
                                  >

                                  > > > communication happens whether you want it or not.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jason: This is true for those that take a
                                  > > communication as a happening. I would have to say that
                                  > > there is nothing but communication in an infinite
                                  > > amount forms, even when nothing is said. If this
                                  > > communication is always occuring, when can it be said
                                  > > that communication can not be a happening?
                                  > >
                                  > > > Words have power
                                  > > > even if the power is to create the illusion that
                                  > > > they are powerless
                                  > > > which is what you wanted. When the ability to speak
                                  > > > exists then
                                  > > > silence is also a message.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jason: When the moment comes that words hold no edge
                                  > > to an identity then it can be said that words have no
                                  > > power. I can never maintain the edge of words, they
                                  > > dull with each passing moment. What I can say is that
                                  > > there is no power greater then lossing the edge of
                                  > > words, just as the earth blocks the wind, water douses
                                  > > the flames, etc. One will never remove oneself from
                                  > > the cycle of power, as this cycle of power is the
                                  > > perpetuation of all communication. One can only
                                  > > observe and react throughout every conceived notion of
                                  > > power.
                                  > >
                                  > > Peace and Love to you Bobby.
                                  >

                                  > yes we agree that the power of words diminish with understanding.
                                  > Communication needs to be more powerful though. We need to come
                                  > together more.

                                  > (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

                                  Bobby, you are beautiful!

                                  Love, Karta

                                  > I have said before that we all on this board are very close together
                                  > in what we believe. There is an element of disagreement but we do
                                  > speak the same language.
                                  >
                                  > Love
                                  > Bobby G.
                                • Jason Fishman
                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 5, 2003

                                    > yes we agree that the power of words diminish with
                                    > understanding.
                                    > Communication needs to be more powerful though. We
                                    > need to come
                                    > together more.
                                    > (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group
                                    > hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                    > I have said before that we all on this board are
                                    > very close together
                                    > in what we believe. There is an element of
                                    > disagreement but we do
                                    > speak the same language.
                                    >
                                    > Love
                                    > Bobby G.

                                    yes, Bobby I like what you say here. Although I must
                                    reitterate the urgency of this closeness, as it also
                                    defines our need to be apart. Not only this board, but
                                    all places in every corner of the universe is this
                                    closeness as much a key as this apartness appears to
                                    be.

                                    It also seems to me that those folks that make claims
                                    of expansion of mind are laking greatly in character.
                                    That what the percieved prize of enlightment or some
                                    state of realization holds a key to some great power,
                                    has seemed to only make some heads swell. This is also
                                    unfortunate. No one can nor ever will be able to make
                                    any claim stating a place above or below anyone, not
                                    even for a moment. Those claims fall on deaf ears to
                                    those that have heard those words and give no words
                                    meanings that hold weight, nor actions that move in
                                    and out of states to be more or less powerful then
                                    non-realizations. This is the key to apartness and is
                                    just as much an illusion as two comming together.

                                    Peace and Love

                                    http://search.yahoo.com
                                  • dan330033
                                    Message 17 of 20 , May 5, 2003
                                      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                                      > --- dan330033 <dan330033@y...> wrote:
                                      > > Hi Jason --
                                      > >
                                      > > > Jason: Insight sounds grand, doesn't it? So
                                      > > grandious
                                      > > > this seeing through can be.
                                      > >
                                      > > No, not at all.
                                      > >
                                      > > That's a misunderstanding of insight.
                                      > >
                                      > > It occupies no space, has no weight,
                                      > > serves no purpose for anyone.
                                      >
                                      > Jason: That's ok, no word has weight, serves any
                                      > purpose for anyone anywhere at anytime or will ever be
                                      > able to be good or bad for anyone. I would have to
                                      > advocate this word "insight" as being misunderstood
                                      > entirely. I do believe that this insight is inborn and
                                      > get's trampled on by identities that advocate words
                                      > just like insight, to say that those words have some
                                      > type of benifit over some other word, such as cabbage
                                      > or daring.
                                      >
                                      > Peace and Love

                                      I agree, that was very daring of you,
                                      my cabbage.

                                      Now, I'm steaming, and my glasses are
                                      fogged.

                                      My insight is nowhere in sight.

                                      Luckily, I can still hear you with my
                                      cauliflower ear.

                                      I believe this insight turns everything inside
                                      out, while allowing it all to remain
                                      exactly as it is.

                                      Look!

                                      Nothing up my sleeve,

                                      Oops -- wrong sleeve,
                                      Dan
                                    • texasbg2000
                                      Message 18 of 20 , May 5, 2003
                                        <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                                        > > yes we agree that the power of words diminish with
                                        > > understanding.
                                        > > Communication needs to be more powerful though. We
                                        > > need to come
                                        > > together more.
                                        > > (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group
                                        > > hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                        > > I have said before that we all on this board are
                                        > > very close together
                                        > > in what we believe. There is an element of
                                        > > disagreement but we do
                                        > > speak the same language.
                                        > >
                                        > > Love
                                        > > Bobby G.
                                        >
                                        > yes, Bobby I like what you say here. Although I must
                                        > reitterate the urgency of this closeness, as it also
                                        > defines our need to be apart. Not only this board, but
                                        > all places in every corner of the universe is this
                                        > closeness as much a key as this apartness appears to
                                        > be.

                                        Hi Jason:

                                        I don't know what you mean, but I meant the closeness in philosophy
                                        and terminology. In cancer research the virologists argue with the
                                        immunologists about which is the most fruitful approach to a cure.
                                        But they know what the other is talking about. They would both shun
                                        me if I tried to join in a high level conversation. A fundamentalist
                                        Christian or Hari Krisna comes on and we look askance. That is what
                                        I meant, we are virtually the same against the hordes of ...
                                        ignorant, infidels, heathens, rednecks and all management level
                                        people.:o)

                                        > It also seems to me that those folks that make claims
                                        > of expansion of mind are laking greatly in character.
                                        > That what the percieved prize of enlightment or some
                                        > state of realization holds a key to some great power,
                                        > has seemed to only make some heads swell. This is also
                                        > unfortunate. No one can nor ever will be able to make
                                        > any claim stating a place above or below anyone, not
                                        > even for a moment. Those claims fall on deaf ears to
                                        > those that have heard those words and give no words
                                        > meanings that hold weight, nor actions that move in
                                        > and out of states to be more or less powerful then
                                        > non-realizations. This is the key to apartness and is
                                        > just as much an illusion as two comming together.

                                        I don't think an idea qualifies the real person. It is a
                                        characteristic of some part of the personality of that person. That
                                        characteristic can vanish in a moment. If you take a person in a
                                        position to influence others and disbelieve every idea they have
                                        because of their position you will exhibit prejudice. That does not
                                        mean you are prejudiced. That is taking a specific incident and
                                        making it generalized about that person. Cubby holing people.
                                        People are free by nature. When you say "they are" or "I am this",
                                        you really mean that is the nature of the act they committed and not
                                        a statement about them.

                                        But what happens? We look for and find that person to 'be' the way
                                        we have decided they 'are'. Love has to be seeing a person as a new
                                        thing each moment. Because they are. You can't love an image of
                                        that person. The real thing is without attributes and the attributes
                                        you atribute to them is in your head and not inherent in them. The
                                        attributes in your head are blocks to your loving that person no
                                        matter what acts they are involved in.

                                        A person is lacking in character if they don't look at ideas without
                                        prejudice. I have said many of the same things that Sivananda said
                                        because he was one of the great proponents of Raja Yoga and I came up
                                        through the same tradition for thirty years. I know what he means in
                                        his statements and he is correct according to my own experience.

                                        Here is the kick in the ass, Jason. You don't care whether I believe
                                        him from my own experience, do you? You only really care what you
                                        think of him.

                                        Love
                                        Bobby G.
                                      • satkartar7
                                        Message 19 of 20 , May 5, 2003
                                          Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                                          > > yes we agree that the power of words diminish with
                                          > > understanding.
                                          > > Communication needs to be more powerful though. We
                                          > > need to come
                                          > > together more.
                                          > > (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group
                                          > > hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                          > > I have said before that we all on this board are
                                          > > very close together
                                          > > in what we believe. There is an element of
                                          > > disagreement but we do
                                          > > speak the same language.
                                          > >
                                          > > Love
                                          > > Bobby G.
                                          >
                                          > yes, Bobby I like what you say here. Although I must
                                          > reitterate the urgency of this closeness, as it also
                                          > defines our need to be apart. Not only this board, but
                                          > all places in every corner of the universe is this
                                          > closeness as much a key as this apartness appears to
                                          > be.
                                          >
                                          > It also seems to me that those folks that make claims
                                          > of expansion of mind are laking greatly in character.
                                          > That what the percieved prize of enlightment or some
                                          > state of realization holds a key to some great power,
                                          > has seemed to only make some heads swell.

                                          Jason, looks like you are coming out
                                          of being brainwashed and see your
                                          friend Judi clearer

                                          Karta

                                          >This is also
                                          > unfortunate. No one can nor ever will be able to make
                                          > any claim stating a place above or below anyone, not
                                          > even for a moment. Those claims fall on deaf ears to
                                          > those that have heard those words and give no words
                                          > meanings that hold weight, nor actions that move in
                                          > and out of states to be more or less powerful then
                                          > non-realizations. This is the key to apartness and is
                                          > just as much an illusion as two comming together.
                                          >
                                          > Peace and Love

                                          > http://search.yahoo.com
                                        • Jason Fishman
                                          Message 20 of 20 , May 6, 2003
                                            --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@...> wrote:
                                            > Jason Fishman
                                            > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > > yes we agree that the power of words diminish
                                            > with
                                            > > > understanding.
                                            > > > Communication needs to be more powerful though.
                                            > We
                                            > > > need to come
                                            > > > together more.
                                            > > > (((((((((((((((((((((((((Group
                                            > > > hug.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                            > > > I have said before that we all on this board are
                                            > > > very close together
                                            > > > in what we believe. There is an element of
                                            > > > disagreement but we do
                                            > > > speak the same language.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Love
                                            > > > Bobby G.
                                            > >
                                            > > yes, Bobby I like what you say here. Although I
                                            > must
                                            > > reitterate the urgency of this closeness, as it
                                            > also
                                            > > defines our need to be apart. Not only this board,
                                            > but
                                            > > all places in every corner of the universe is this
                                            > > closeness as much a key as this apartness appears
                                            > > be.
                                            >
                                            > Hi Jason:
                                            >
                                            > I don't know what you mean, but I meant the
                                            > closeness in philosophy
                                            > and terminology. In cancer research the virologists
                                            > argue with the
                                            > immunologists about which is the most fruitful
                                            > approach to a cure.
                                            > But they know what the other is talking about. They
                                            > would both shun
                                            > me if I tried to join in a high level conversation.
                                            > A fundamentalist
                                            > Christian or Hari Krisna comes on and we look
                                            > askance. That is what
                                            > I meant, we are virtually the same against the
                                            > hordes of ...
                                            > ignorant, infidels, heathens, rednecks and all
                                            > management level
                                            > people.:o)

                                            Jason: What I mean Bobby is there is no us against
                                            anyone/thing, regardless of knowledge. My son who is
                                            10 years old can run me silly on a computer and I've
                                            been working on computers since I was 12. This doesn't
                                            mean he "knows" a damn thing about how computers
                                            function, yet he has the knack of learning how to get
                                            it to work. Knowledge is a limiting as an book is to
                                            an illiterate.

                                            (snip)

                                            > I don't think an idea qualifies the real person. It
                                            > is a
                                            > characteristic of some part of the personality of
                                            > that person. That
                                            > characteristic can vanish in a moment. If you take
                                            > a person in a
                                            > position to influence others and disbelieve every
                                            > idea they have
                                            > because of their position you will exhibit
                                            > prejudice. That does not
                                            > mean you are prejudiced. That is taking a specific
                                            > incident and
                                            > making it generalized about that person. Cubby
                                            > holing people.
                                            > People are free by nature. When you say "they are"
                                            > or "I am this",
                                            > you really mean that is the nature of the act they
                                            > committed and not
                                            > a statement about them.

                                            Jason: The generalization that you speak of is where
                                            it's at. Too many people attach money to cleverness,
                                            words to intellegence, pictures to art. I'm not saying
                                            these cannot be viewed as postitive things, what I'm
                                            saying is that those that attach this to that are
                                            limiting themselves to this and that.

                                            > But what happens? We look for and find that person
                                            > to 'be' the way
                                            > we have decided they 'are'. Love has to be seeing a
                                            > person as a new
                                            > thing each moment. Because they are. You can't
                                            > love an image of
                                            > that person. The real thing is without attributes
                                            > and the attributes
                                            > you atribute to them is in your head and not
                                            > inherent in them. The
                                            > attributes in your head are blocks to your loving
                                            > that person no
                                            > matter what acts they are involved in.

                                            Jason: Yes, exactly.. This is you telling me to love a
                                            person (i.e. Swami). This is me telling you I already
                                            do, have and always will love you and all other
                                            persons for exact who they are. What I cannot
                                            comprehend any longer is the limit to loving a person
                                            for an image of who they are. That this love has an
                                            end, that I should be or could be seeing a person in
                                            some new light in order to do something called loving
                                            them. I'm not even sure where we are missing each
                                            other here.

                                            > A person is lacking in character if they don't look
                                            > at ideas without
                                            > prejudice.

                                            Jason: Naw, extreme prejudice makes perfect sense to
                                            me, if your going down the road of love/hate there is
                                            no two ways about it.

                                            I have said many of the same things that
                                            > Sivananda said
                                            > because he was one of the great proponents of Raja
                                            > Yoga and I came up
                                            > through the same tradition for thirty years. I know
                                            > what he means in
                                            > his statements and he is correct according to my own
                                            > experience.

                                            Jason: I don't remember saying a thing about what your
                                            experience tells you to understand from his words. As
                                            long as you attach experiences to a version of truth,
                                            then thats what ya got a personal truth. Truth isn't
                                            about a person.

                                            > Here is the kick in the ass, Jason. You don't care
                                            > whether I believe
                                            > him from my own experience, do you? You only really
                                            > care what you
                                            > think of him.

                                            Jason: Exactly! Perfectly stated. I don't care, not 1
                                            iota. Not in what I think about a him or a you or any
                                            belief that I could ever attach to a him or a you or
                                            an anyone. If I did care then I most certainly would
                                            be selfishly loving a him or a you or an anyone,
                                            simply because I care what a him or a you have to
                                            offer in your interpretations. Caring/not caring isn't
                                            going to amount to a hill of beans when I'm done with
                                            what you have to offer, so what you have to offer is
                                            limiting to a me being done with it. I think I'll
                                            stick without imposing limits on who I do love and
                                            care for, as if there was a choice to do otherwise for
                                            a me.

                                            > Love
                                            > Bobby G.

                                            Thank you for this seeing truth discussion Bobby,
                                            Peace and Love

                                            http://search.yahoo.com