Re: sounds during meditation (was 3rd eye)

    Message 1 of 19 , May 2, 2003
      "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      snip
      Karta:
      > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
      > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
      > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
      > > there is more to read about the sound
      > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
      > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
      > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
      > > and movements coordinated with emotions
      > > .. I have to look it up: he was
      > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
      > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
      > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
      > > it is a great tool in meditation
      > >
      > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
      > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
      > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
      > >
      > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
      > > think so.
      > >
      > > Love, Karta

      Bobby G:
      > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
      >
      > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
      > and movies.
      > Love
      > Bobby G.

      Hi,
      The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
      Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
      deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
      sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
      predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
      his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
      out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
      and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
      choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
      that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
      of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
      start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
      also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
      have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
      door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
      his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
      into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
      meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
      they call it "New Age"?:-)
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 19 , May 2, 2003
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > snip
        > Karta:
        > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
        > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
        > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
        > > > there is more to read about the sound
        > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
        > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
        > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
        > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
        > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
        > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
        > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
        > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
        > > > it is a great tool in meditation
        > > >
        > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
        > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
        > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
        > > >
        > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
        > > > think so.
        > > >
        > > > Love, Karta
        >
        > Bobby G:
        > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
        > >
        > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
        training
        > > and movies.
        > > Love
        > > Bobby G.
        >
        > Hi,
        > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
        or
        > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
        and
        > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
        probably
        > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
        > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
        in
        > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
        shut
        > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
        within,
        > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
        harmonies", "celestial
        > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
        > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
        aware
        > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
        the
        > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
        he
        > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
        would
        > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
        > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
        > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
        > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
        > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
        > they call it "New Age"?:-)
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        LOL. Yeah.

        At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
        know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

        Bobby G.
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 19 , May 3, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
          ly@y...> wrote:
          > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > snip
          > Karta:
          > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
          > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
          > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
          > > > there is more to read about the sound
          > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
          > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
          > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
          > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
          > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
          > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
          > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
          > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
          > > > it is a great tool in meditation
          > > >
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
          > > >
          > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
          > > > think so.
          > > >
          > > > Love, Karta
          >
          > Bobby G:
          > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
          > >
          > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
          > > and movies.
          > > Love
          > > Bobby G.
          >
          > Hi,
          > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
          > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
          > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
          > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
          > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
          > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
          > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
          > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
          > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
          > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
          > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
          > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
          > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
          > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
          > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
          > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
          > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
          > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
          > they call it "New Age"?:-)
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
          know a lot about this.

          The just hatched from the eggs chiks
          have a memory already of the fear of
          a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
          a paper kyte is above them they run
          wild for cover chirping loudly

          Love, Karta