Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 19 , May 2, 2003
      <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > > hi Karta:
      > >
      > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
      meditation
      > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
      talking
      > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
      > > possession bumped me many times.
      > >
      > > Bobby G.
      > >

      > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
      > page the second one by Kirpal if you
      > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
      > there is more to read about the sound
      > and the third you find Gurdijeff
      > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
      > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
      > and movements coordinated with emotions
      > .. I have to look it up: he was
      > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
      > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
      > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
      > it is a great tool in meditation
      >
      > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
      > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
      > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
      >
      > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
      > think so.
      >
      > Love, Karta

      Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

      Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
      and movies.
      Love
      Bobby G.
      Message 2 of 19 , May 2, 2003
        "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        snip
        Karta:
        > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
        > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
        > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
        > > there is more to read about the sound
        > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
        > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
        > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
        > > and movements coordinated with emotions
        > > .. I have to look it up: he was
        > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
        > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
        > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
        > > it is a great tool in meditation
        > >
        > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
        > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
        > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
        > >
        > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
        > > think so.
        > >
        > > Love, Karta

        Bobby G:
        > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
        >
        > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
        > and movies.
        > Love
        > Bobby G.

        Hi,
        The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
        Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
        deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
        sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
        predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
        his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
        out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
        and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
        choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
        that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
        of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
        start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
        also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
        have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
        door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
        his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
        into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
        meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
        they call it "New Age"?:-)
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2003
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > snip
          > Karta:
          > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
          > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
          > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
          > > > there is more to read about the sound
          > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
          > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
          > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
          > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
          > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
          > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
          > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
          > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
          > > > it is a great tool in meditation
          > > >
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
          > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
          > > >
          > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
          > > > think so.
          > > >
          > > > Love, Karta
          >
          > Bobby G:
          > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
          > >
          > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
          training
          > > and movies.
          > > Love
          > > Bobby G.
          >
          > Hi,
          > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
          or
          > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
          and
          > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
          probably
          > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
          > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
          in
          > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
          shut
          > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
          within,
          > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
          harmonies", "celestial
          > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
          > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
          aware
          > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
          the
          > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
          he
          > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
          would
          > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
          > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
          > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
          > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
          > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
          > they call it "New Age"?:-)
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          LOL. Yeah.

          At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
          know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

          Bobby G.
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 19 , May 3, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
            ly@y...> wrote:
            > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > snip
            > Karta:
            > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
            > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
            > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
            > > > there is more to read about the sound
            > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
            > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
            > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
            > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
            > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
            > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
            > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
            > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
            > > > it is a great tool in meditation
            > > >
            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
            > > >
            > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
            > > > think so.
            > > >
            > > > Love, Karta
            >
            > Bobby G:
            > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
            > >
            > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
            > > and movies.
            > > Love
            > > Bobby G.
            >
            > Hi,
            > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
            > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
            > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
            > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
            > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
            > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
            > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
            > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
            > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
            > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
            > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
            > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
            > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
            > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
            > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
            > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
            > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
            > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
            > they call it "New Age"?:-)
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
            know a lot about this.

            The just hatched from the eggs chiks
            have a memory already of the fear of
            a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
            a paper kyte is above them they run
            wild for cover chirping loudly

            Love, Karta