Re: From Email: The Truth/Karta

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      > "Judi Rhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Yo Judi,
      > >
      > > I would have thought (if I thought) that you would resonate well with
      > > this writer's concepts and approach IE:
      > >
      > > "...Enlightenment I Want You To Shed All Presumed Knowledge About It.
      > > As Understand One Thing Very Clearly- Meditation Is An Experience,Its
      > > Not Something To Be Known -I Can Lead You To The Door But Only You
      > > Can Enter. Please Understand Well-meditation Cannot Be Known If You
      > > Are Learning Meditation Then You Are On The Wrong Path,You Cannot
      > > Learn It-it Has To Be An Experience. It Will Be My Efforts To Lead You
      > > To It. Only You Have To Be Ready.
      > >
      > > In This First Step Of Notes I Would Like To Explain To You In An Most
      > > Easy Way What I Have Known So That You Can Understand-..."
      > >
      > > So, what Uunderstanding does this Experience seem without benefit to
      > > you?:-)
      > >
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      > >
      > > ******** No "benefit", no "experience". If there were, I'd be out selling it. :-)
      > >
      > > Judi
      > >
      > > ***********
      > > Here's a doozie:
      > >
      > > > Have I ever told you about my Lobotomy Accelerated Enlightenment Method?
      > >
      > > ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~:
      > > As a matter of fact you have, only I know it as "Lobotomy Accelerated Method
      > > of Enlightenment"... LAME for short!
      > >
      > > Their motto is: "I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front
      > > of me!" :)
      > >
      > > Heh heh heh heh :)
      >
      > Hi Karta...
      >
      > As you can see, Judi is the ultimate 'hopeless case'.
      >
      > You have about as much chance of 'changing Judi' as
      > you do, to move the Rock of Gibralter by farting!
      >
      > But you can change yourself, in regard to trying to
      > 're-ignite' the futile (yet admittedly entertaining)
      > 're-sendment' quallels here in MSA, by calling Judi
      > names and trying to 'get her goat'.
      >
      > Truth is, Judi's 'goat' was the 'main course' at her
      > 'thanksgiving feast', many years ago.

      dear Gene,

      I am bored to correct lobotomised
      by alcohol fuckheads who are unable
      to *understand* and are stubborned
      like baggers hanging on to their
      mutated, old and borrowed oneliner
      horse-shit and do anything to be
      recognised and their sick ego to be acknowledged.

      > Of course, if you cannot 'get her goat', you can always
      > lend your goat, to her.

      I don't understand the goat analoge
      the Greeks are into that; not the
      Hungarians

      Love-Peace, Karta

      > Although that probably is not
      > a very productive idea...
      >

      > Spoken in love...
      >

      > ==Gene Poole==
    • Gene Poole
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:

        Gene had written:

        > > Of course, if you cannot 'get her goat', you can always
        > > lend your goat, to her.
        >

        > I don't understand the goat analoge
        > the Greeks are into that; not the
        > Hungarians
        >
        > Love-Peace, Karta

        The phrase 'to get her goat' is similar to:

        to jerk her chain

        to push her buttons

        to rattle her cage

        to pull her strings

        to taunt

        to provoke

        But more specifically, to 'get the goat' refers
        to the stubbornnes with which your opponent
        clings to a position; like a goat, will be nearly
        impossible to move, once it decides to resist.

        So, to confront in a certain way, is to know
        in advance, what reaction will be forthcoming;
        and so it is revealed, what reaction is desired,
        as a means to provoke someone to look foolish.

        ==Gene Poole==
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2003
          <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
          > But more specifically, to 'get the goat' refers
          > to the stubbornnes with which your opponent
          > clings to a position; like a goat, will be nearly
          > impossible to move, once it decides to resist.
          >
          > So, to confront in a certain way, is to know
          > in advance, what reaction will be forthcoming;
          > and so it is revealed, what reaction is desired,
          > as a means to provoke someone to look foolish.
          >

          > ==Gene Poole==

          One may legitimately ask:

          Who is the fool?

          Nina
        • freyjartist
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2003
            <murrkis@y...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
            > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
            > > But more specifically, to 'get the goat' refers
            > > to the stubbornnes with which your opponent
            > > clings to a position; like a goat, will be nearly
            > > impossible to move, once it decides to resist.
            > >
            > > So, to confront in a certain way, is to know
            > > in advance, what reaction will be forthcoming;
            > > and so it is revealed, what reaction is desired,
            > > as a means to provoke someone to look foolish.
            > >

            > > ==Gene Poole==
            >
            > One may legitimately ask:
            >
            > Who is the fool?
            >
            > Nina

            Everybody plays the fool
            sometime...

            nina i liked your story about
            the symphony

            freyja
          • judirhodes
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2003

              ******** I represent that remark!

              > Truth is, Judi's 'goat' was the 'main course' at her
              > 'thanksgiving feast', many years ago.

              ******** Aye-aye-aye - Cabrito! :-)

              Judi