Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2003
      --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
      > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
      > that
      > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > > especially one that is about the understanding
      > neither
      > > state?
      > >
      > > Peace and Love
      > >

      > in this case Jason, it is just the
      > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
      > alreay happened: with
      > the notice of negativity

      Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
      meditation is broken by negativity?

      > later, when "out" of meditation it is
      > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
      > and why that type of negative entity
      > appear, and what does it mean"

      Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
      you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
      occured. In relfection however, I once did this
      extensively.

      > it is usually one's supressed sub
      > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
      > uggly mirror, but must be done]

      Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
      makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
      reflection of my insides that I would love to
      confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
      world.

      Thanks Karta

      Peace and Love

      > Karta

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 19 , May 2, 2003
        > hi Karta:
        >
        > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
        > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
        > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
        > possession bumped me many times.
        >
        > Bobby G.

        Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
        page the second one by Kirpal if you
        click on onlinebooks than on Naam
        there is more to read about the sound
        and the third you find Gurdijeff
        movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
        dance' like magick diagramm of steps
        and movements coordinated with emotions
        .. I have to look it up: he was
        initiated to and used the nadi-sound
        of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
        Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
        it is a great tool in meditation

        <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
        <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
        <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

        Posession by the Aum, no I don't
        think so.

        Love, Karta
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2003
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > > hi Karta:
          > >
          > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
          meditation
          > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
          talking
          > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
          > > possession bumped me many times.
          > >
          > > Bobby G.
          > >

          > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
          > page the second one by Kirpal if you
          > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
          > there is more to read about the sound
          > and the third you find Gurdijeff
          > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
          > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
          > and movements coordinated with emotions
          > .. I have to look it up: he was
          > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
          > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
          > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
          > it is a great tool in meditation
          >
          > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
          > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
          > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
          >
          > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
          > think so.
          >
          > Love, Karta

          Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

          Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
          and movies.
          Love
          Bobby G.
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2003
            "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            snip
            Karta:
            > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
            > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
            > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
            > > there is more to read about the sound
            > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
            > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
            > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
            > > and movements coordinated with emotions
            > > .. I have to look it up: he was
            > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
            > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
            > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
            > > it is a great tool in meditation
            > >
            > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
            > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
            > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
            > >
            > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
            > > think so.
            > >
            > > Love, Karta

            Bobby G:
            > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
            >
            > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
            > and movies.
            > Love
            > Bobby G.

            Hi,
            The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
            Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
            deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
            sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
            predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
            his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
            out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
            and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
            choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
            that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
            of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
            start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
            also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
            have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
            door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
            his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
            into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
            meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
            they call it "New Age"?:-)
          • texasbg2000
            Message 5 of 19 , May 2, 2003
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
              > snip
              > Karta:
              > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
              > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
              > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
              > > > there is more to read about the sound
              > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
              > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
              > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
              > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
              > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
              > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
              > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
              > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
              > > > it is a great tool in meditation
              > > >
              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
              > > >
              > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
              > > > think so.
              > > >
              > > > Love, Karta
              >
              > Bobby G:
              > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
              > >
              > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
              training
              > > and movies.
              > > Love
              > > Bobby G.
              >
              > Hi,
              > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
              or
              > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
              and
              > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
              probably
              > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
              > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
              in
              > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
              shut
              > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
              within,
              > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
              harmonies", "celestial
              > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
              > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
              aware
              > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
              the
              > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
              he
              > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
              would
              > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
              > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
              > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
              > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
              > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
              > they call it "New Age"?:-)
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob

              LOL. Yeah.

              At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
              know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

              Bobby G.
            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 19 , May 3, 2003
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                ly@y...> wrote:
                > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > snip
                > Karta:
                > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                > > > there is more to read about the sound
                > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                > > >
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                > > >
                > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                > > > think so.
                > > >
                > > > Love, Karta
                >
                > Bobby G:
                > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                > >
                > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                > > and movies.
                > > Love
                > > Bobby G.
                >
                > Hi,
                > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob

                yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                know a lot about this.

                The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                have a memory already of the fear of
                a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                a paper kyte is above them they run
                wild for cover chirping loudly

                Love, Karta