[Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2003
      <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > --- In Jason Fishman
      > > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
      > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
      > > > state?
      > > >
      > > > Peace and Love
      > >
      > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
      > >
      > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
      > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
      > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my
      time
      > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
      >

      > yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
      > the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
      > in meditation is hard very hard and
      > here lies the genius of the sound
      > part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
      > sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
      > for any cognition and before you
      > "notice" .. you are on the way
      >
      > Love, Karta

      hi Karta:

      Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
      where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
      or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
      possession bumped me many times.

      Bobby G.

      > > I practiced a
      > > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
      > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
      > >
      > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
      > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have
      not
      > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly
      now
      > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it
      since.

      > > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context
      to an
      > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that
      we
      > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are
      bad.

      > > Love
      > > Bobby G.

    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2003
        --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
        > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
        > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
        > that
        > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
        > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
        > > especially one that is about the understanding
        > neither
        > > state?
        > >
        > > Peace and Love
        > >

        > in this case Jason, it is just the
        > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
        > alreay happened: with
        > the notice of negativity

        Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
        meditation is broken by negativity?

        > later, when "out" of meditation it is
        > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
        > and why that type of negative entity
        > appear, and what does it mean"

        Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
        you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
        occured. In relfection however, I once did this
        extensively.

        > it is usually one's supressed sub
        > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
        > uggly mirror, but must be done]

        Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
        makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
        reflection of my insides that I would love to
        confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
        world.

        Thanks Karta

        Peace and Love

        > Karta

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2003
          > hi Karta:
          >
          > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
          > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
          > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
          > possession bumped me many times.
          >
          > Bobby G.

          Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
          page the second one by Kirpal if you
          click on onlinebooks than on Naam
          there is more to read about the sound
          and the third you find Gurdijeff
          movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
          dance' like magick diagramm of steps
          and movements coordinated with emotions
          .. I have to look it up: he was
          initiated to and used the nadi-sound
          of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
          Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
          it is a great tool in meditation

          <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
          <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
          <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

          Posession by the Aum, no I don't
          think so.

          Love, Karta
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2003
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > hi Karta:
            > >
            > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
            meditation
            > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
            talking
            > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
            > > possession bumped me many times.
            > >
            > > Bobby G.
            > >

            > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
            > page the second one by Kirpal if you
            > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
            > there is more to read about the sound
            > and the third you find Gurdijeff
            > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
            > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
            > and movements coordinated with emotions
            > .. I have to look it up: he was
            > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
            > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
            > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
            > it is a great tool in meditation
            >
            > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
            > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
            > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
            >
            > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
            > think so.
            >
            > Love, Karta

            Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

            Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
            and movies.
            Love
            Bobby G.
            Message 5 of 19 , May 2, 2003
              "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
              snip
              Karta:
              > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
              > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
              > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
              > > there is more to read about the sound
              > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
              > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
              > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
              > > and movements coordinated with emotions
              > > .. I have to look it up: he was
              > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
              > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
              > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
              > > it is a great tool in meditation
              > >
              > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
              > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
              > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
              > >
              > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
              > > think so.
              > >
              > > Love, Karta

              Bobby G:
              > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
              >
              > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
              > and movies.
              > Love
              > Bobby G.

              Hi,
              The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
              Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
              deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
              sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
              predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
              his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
              out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
              and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
              choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
              that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
              of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
              start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
              also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
              have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
              door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
              his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
              into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
              meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
              they call it "New Age"?:-)
            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > snip
                > Karta:
                > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                > > > there is more to read about the sound
                > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                > > >
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                > > >
                > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                > > > think so.
                > > >
                > > > Love, Karta
                >
                > Bobby G:
                > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                > >
                > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
                training
                > > and movies.
                > > Love
                > > Bobby G.
                >
                > Hi,
                > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
                or
                > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
                and
                > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
                probably
                > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
                in
                > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
                shut
                > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
                within,
                > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
                harmonies", "celestial
                > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
                aware
                > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
                the
                > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
                he
                > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
                would
                > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob

                LOL. Yeah.

                At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
                know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

                Bobby G.
              • satkartar7
                Message 7 of 19 , May 3, 2003
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                  ly@y...> wrote:
                  > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  > snip
                  > Karta:
                  > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                  > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                  > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                  > > > there is more to read about the sound
                  > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                  > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                  > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                  > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                  > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                  > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                  > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                  > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                  > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                  > > >
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                  > > >
                  > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                  > > > think so.
                  > > >
                  > > > Love, Karta
                  >
                  > Bobby G:
                  > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                  > >
                  > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                  > > and movies.
                  > > Love
                  > > Bobby G.
                  >
                  > Hi,
                  > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                  > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                  > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                  > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                  > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                  > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                  > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                  > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                  > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                  > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                  > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                  > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                  > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                  > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                  > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                  > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                  > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                  > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                  > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                  > Peace and blessings,
                  > Bob

                  yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                  know a lot about this.

                  The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                  have a memory already of the fear of
                  a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                  a paper kyte is above them they run
                  wild for cover chirping loudly

                  Love, Karta