Re: From Email: The Truth/Bob

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2003
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Members (and lurkers:-),
      > I mentioned previously that we get lots of emails dealing with
      > meditation. I'm posting a sample of one type that came in this
      > morning, that claims to have "The Truth". We have received lots of
      > similar ones, and if you guys feel it would be beneficial, I'll post
      > some of them, and continue to do so.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Bob,

      Thanks... this is really great.

      It seems that the writer may have learned
      English as a second language; in that regard,
      his assertion that 'you cannot learn meditation'
      (you can't get there from here) must be taken
      to mean 'you are not meditating unless you
      are meditating'. His point is taken, if that is
      indeed his point.

      My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
      identical with that portrayed by the writer,
      and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
      most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
      the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
      this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
      benefit...

      Bob, if you correspond with this writer, please
      suggest to NOT use ALL CAPS in future offerings.

      Below I have pasted a rework of the original,
      changed the 'ALL CAPS' to 'Word Caps', fixed
      some spelling and formatting. I suggest that
      if you want the original writers email address
      to be visible, use this format:

      originalwriter[at]hisISP.net

      The Yahoo system hides actual addresses, the
      '@' symbol being the trigger for that.

      Thanks, Bob. And yes, please keep
      posting letters like this...

      ==Gene Poole==

      ~~~~~ begin paste of modified posting ~~~~~

      Dear Readers,

      In My Personal Search For The Truth I Have Found That The Truth Is In
      Yourself. Being Into An Job As A Sailor I Had Travelled All Over The
      World Known All People And Tried To Find Out The Inner Meanings To
      Existence. But I Found It In The Footsteps Of Himalyas In My Home
      Town In India.

      Once The Bliss Has Dawned On You There Comes A Feeling Of Spreading
      It And That's What I Want To Do.

      Before Explaining What Meditation Actually Is And What Can Lead To
      Enlightenment I Want You To Shed All Presumed Knowledge About It.
      As Understand One Thing Very Clearly- Meditation Is An Experience,Its
      Not Something To Be Known -I Can Lead You To The Door But Only You
      Can Enter. Please Understand Well-meditation Cannot Be Known If You
      Are Learning Meditation Then You Are On The Wrong Path,You Cannot
      Learn It-it Has To Be An Experience. It Will Be My Efforts To Lead You
      To It. Only You Have To Be Ready.

      In This First Step Of Notes I Would Like To Explain To You In An Most
      Easy Way What I Have Known So That You Can Understand- In The
      Conversation That Follows I Have Tried To Convey The Knowledge That
      Has Been Conveyed To Me. Remember Knowledge Is A River Ever-flowing
      All Around And I Am Only A Source Through Which It Has Chosen To
      Flow. Here I Have Tried To Assure You The Existence Of The Higher
      Self So Your Search For The Inner Self Strengthens I Am Sure Some Of
      You Are Well Versed With The Word ?Brahman? If Not Then It Means All
      Of Creation And All Existence Irrespective Of The Fact That You Can
      Perceive It Or Not.

      Talks With Brahman (Answerer Here)

      Q Who Are You
      A I Am What You See And Perceive

      Q Who Am I
      A All That You Know You Are

      Q Do You Exist In Me
      A Yes And No

      Q Do I Exist In You
      A Yes And No

      Q If I Close My Eyes I Cannot See You
      A True

      Q If I Close All My Sense Of Perception Then I Cant Perceive You
      A True

      Q Then For Me You Are My Perception
      A True

      Q Why Do I Breathe
      A To Live

      Q Why Do I Live
      A Because You Are Alive

      Q Why Am I Alive
      A Because Of The People Who Concieved You

      Q Why Do I Breathe
      A You Dont

      Q I Don't Understand? Okay Do I Breathe
      A No You Don't

      Q Why Do You Say So When I Am Breathing?
      A Because To Breathe Is Not In Your Hands. When You Were Born You Did
      Not Decide That I Shall Start Breathing And When You Are Dying Then
      Also You Cant Say That Now I Shall Stop My Breadth. You Cannot Say
      That Now I Shall Stop Breathing And Later I Will Continue.

      Q Then Who Breathes
      A The One Who Lives

      Q So ,i Understood That I Am Not Breathing But Then I Do Live?
      A Yes You Live But You Are Not Breathing.

      Q Do You Exist As I See You
      A Yes

      Q You Mean All The Stars The Sun The Planets And All The Things Do
      You Exist As That
      A Yes All That And All That Is Conceivable To You. But Again I Am
      Answering The Question Only For You As An Individual.

      Q But For Me My Existence Is What Matters
      A True

      Q So As Long As I Exist You Are There And If I Die Then You Also Cease To Exist
      A True But Only For You

      Q So Let Me Clear This That For Individual Me If I Live Then You Live
      A True

      Q And For Me If I Die Then You Also Die
      A True

      Q And My Birth And Death Is Not In My Hands
      A True

      Q So We Can Say That You Live Through Me
      A True

      Q What Happens When I Die
      A When You Live, i Live Through You And When You Die ,You Live
      Through Me Understand This Well For This Is The Essence And I Shall
      Repeat Again - When You Live I Live Through You And When You Die You
      Live Through Me.

      I Hope The Above Will Be Of Immense Value To One And All Who Wanted
      To Clear Few Basic Doubts.

      For All Those Who Wish To Attain More Do Not Hesitate To Mail Back.
      Do Tell Your Personal Experiences Of Meditation So I Can Guide You On
      The Right Path.

      Sheelinternational@R?

      Anyone Who Reads This Mail Is Requested To Mail It To All Who Are
      Desirous Of The Cause And Help Everyone Attain The Inner Self.

      ~~~~~ end paste ~~~~~
    • judirhodes
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2003
        <gene_poole@q...> wrote:

        > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
        > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
        > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
        > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
        > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
        > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
        > benefit...

        ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*, for
        *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!

        And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet accordinly.

        Judi
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes"
          <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
          > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
          > >
          > > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
          > > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
          > > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
          > > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
          > > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
          > > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
          > > benefit...
          > >
          > ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*, for
          > *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!
          >
          > And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet accordinly.
          >
          > Judi

          Yo Judi,

          I would have thought (if I thought) that you would resonate well with
          this writer's concepts and approach IE:

          "...Enlightenment I Want You To Shed All Presumed Knowledge About It.
          As Understand One Thing Very Clearly- Meditation Is An Experience,Its
          Not Something To Be Known -I Can Lead You To The Door But Only You
          Can Enter. Please Understand Well-meditation Cannot Be Known If You
          Are Learning Meditation Then You Are On The Wrong Path,You Cannot
          Learn It-it Has To Be An Experience. It Will Be My Efforts To Lead You
          To It. Only You Have To Be Ready.

          In This First Step Of Notes I Would Like To Explain To You In An Most
          Easy Way What I Have Known So That You Can Understand-..."

          So, what Uunderstanding does this Experience seem without benefit to
          you?:-)

        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
            > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
            > >
            > > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
            > > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
            > > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
            > > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
            > > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
            > > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
            > > benefit...
            > >
            > ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*, for
            > *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!
            >
            > And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet accordinly.
            >
            > Judi

            come of it Judi!!

            clear your head up and up-grade
            ***** your mutated points

            Karta
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
              > > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
              > > > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
              > > > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
              > > > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
              > > > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
              > > > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
              > > > benefit...
              > > >
              > > ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*, for
              > > *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!
              > >
              > > And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet accordinly.
              > >
              > > Judi
              >

              > come of it Judi!!
              >
              > clear your head up and up-grade
              > ***** your mutated points

              !!!!!!! and learn to shut the fuck
              up when you don't KNOW from *experince*
              what the meditators talk about

              > Karta
            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                >
                > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
                > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
                > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
                > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
                > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
                > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
                > benefit...
                >
                > ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*, for
                > *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!
                >
                > And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet accordinly.
                >
                > Judi
                >

                > come of it Judi!!
                >
                > clear your head up and up-grade
                > ***** your mutated points
                >

                > !!!!!!! and learn to shut the fuck
                > up when you don't KNOW from *experince*
                > what the meditators talk about

                better yet: just GO to the end of
                your Rope and Ranch

                your mutated mis-understandings
                are polution here

                <shees>
                does idiot has a meaning for you?

                > > Karta
              • judirhodes
                Message 7 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                  <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > My experience (sorry Judi!) is essentially
                  > > identical with that portrayed by the writer,
                  > > and it is one, upon which I suggest it is
                  > > most useful to dwell, as he describes it in
                  > > the 'Q-A' conversation. Simply by contemplating
                  > > this point of view, one may attain immeasurable
                  > > benefit...
                  > >
                  > > ***** Sure, but my point being, if you're looking for *benefit*,
                  for
                  > > *experience*, you're still looking in the wrooong place!
                  > >
                  > > And anyone *peddling* such, will be called on the carpet
                  accordinly.

                  > > Judi
                  > >

                  > > come of it Judi!!
                  > >
                  > > clear your head up and up-grade
                  > > ***** your mutated points
                  > >

                  > > !!!!!!! and learn to shut the fuck
                  > > up when you don't KNOW from *experince*
                  > > what the meditators talk about
                  > >

                  > better yet: just GO to the end of
                  > your Rope and Ranch
                  >
                  > your mutated mis-understandings
                  > are polution here
                  >
                  > <shees>
                  > does idiot has a meaning for you?

                  ******* No, does jealous and looking for attention have any meaning
                  for you?

                  I was born at night, but not LAST night Karta.

                  Judi

                  > > > Karta
                • Jason Fishman
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                    --- judirhodes <judirhodes@...> wrote:
                    > "jodyrrr"
                    > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > "judirhodes"
                    > > <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                    > > > Oh sheesh! Not another one! :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > Just can't get enough of these jerkwaters, eh
                    > Bob?
                    > > >
                    > > > How many times I got to tell you, *experience*
                    > is not it!
                    > > >
                    > > > You do the math! :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > Judi
                    > >
                    > > I've got to add that Brahman don't talk either.
                    > >
                    > > --jody.
                    >
                    > ******* Not necessarily, a man of understanding can
                    > do whatever the
                    > hell he wants. The difference is in the humor, he
                    > doesn't take it
                    > seriously.
                    >
                    > Judi

                    Just try and tell that to the women I've been dating:)

                    Peace and Love

                    http://search.yahoo.com
                  • judirhodes
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                      > --- judirhodes <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                      > > "jodyrrr"
                      > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

                      > > Bob?

                      > > is not it!

                      > > > I've got to add that Brahman don't talk either.
                      > > >
                      > > > --jody.
                      > >
                      > > ******* Not necessarily, a man of understanding can
                      > > do whatever the
                      > > hell he wants. The difference is in the humor, he
                      > > doesn't take it
                      > > seriously.
                      > >
                      > > Judi
                      >
                      > Just try and tell that to the women I've been dating:)
                      >
                      > Peace and Love

                      ******* Fuck'em if they can't take a joke! :-) LOL
                    • jeroen
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                        <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Jason Fishman
                        > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- judirhodes <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                        > > > "jodyrrr"
                        > > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                        > > > "judirhodes"

                        > > > Bob?

                        > > > is not it!

                        > > > ******* Not necessarily, a man of understanding can
                        > > > do whatever the
                        > > > hell he wants. The difference is in the humor, he
                        > > > doesn't take it
                        > > > seriously.
                        > > >
                        > > > Judi
                        > >
                        > > Just try and tell that to the women I've been dating:)
                        > >
                        > > Peace and Love
                        > >

                        > ******* Fuck'em if they can't take a joke! :-) LOL

                        you can say that again! hehehe
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                          --- judirhodes <judirhodes@...> wrote:
                          > Jason Fishman
                          > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- judirhodes <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                          > > > --- In
                          > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                          > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
                          > > > "judirhodes"

                          > eh
                          > > > Bob?

                          > *experience*
                          > > > is not it!

                          > either.

                          > > > ******* Not necessarily, a man of understanding
                          > can
                          > > > do whatever the
                          > > > hell he wants. The difference is in the humor,
                          > he
                          > > > doesn't take it
                          > > > seriously.
                          > > >
                          > > > Judi
                          > >
                          > > Just try and tell that to the women I've been
                          > dating:)
                          > >
                          > > Peace and Love
                          > >

                          > ******* Fuck'em if they can't take a joke! :-) LOL

                          Unfortunatly for me, thats about all they think their
                          good for. Fortunatly for me, I don't mind a good fuck.

                          Peace and Love

                          http://search.yahoo.com
                        • satkartar7
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                            "jeroen" <sphurna@y...> wrote:
                            Jason Fishman

                            > Just try and tell that to the women I've been dating:)
                            >
                            > Peace and Love
                            >

                            > ******* Fuck'em if they can't take a joke! :-) LOL
                            >

                            > you can say that again! hehehe

                            !!!!!! this is a show I can do without
                            it is a good thing that there are
                            only 120 members at the end of their
                            Rope to enjoy this at the Ranch:

                            as judi fucks her own self online
                            with her own words and the peanut
                            gallery is cheering on

                            Karta

                            Message 13 of 17 , May 1, 2003
                              Touching on the topic presented.

                              Q WHO ARE YOU
                              A I AM WHAT YOU SEE AND PERCIEVE

                              Your also what I do not percieve.

                              Q WHO AM I
                              A ALL THAT YOU KNOW YOU ARE

                              I'm also what others percieve me to be. How infinite!

                              Q DO YOU EXIST IN ME
                              A YES AND NO
                              Q DO I EXIST IN YOU
                              A YES AND NO
                              Q IF I CLOSE MY EYES I CANNOT SEE YOU
                              A TRUE
                              Q IF I CLOSE ALL MY SENSE OF PERCEPTION THEN I CANT
                              PERCIEVE YOU
                              A TRUE
                              Q THEN FOR ME YOU ARE MY PERCEPTION
                              A TRUE
                              Q WHY DO I BREATHE
                              A TO LIVE
                              Q WHY DO I LIVE
                              A BECAUSE YOU ARE ALIVE
                              Q WHY AM I ALIVE
                              A BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONCIEVED YOU

                              Hehe, I like this one!

                              Q WHY DO I BREATHE
                              A YOU DONT

                              Ahhh, This not breathing but being breathed. How about
                              this, to breath is automatic yet to breath is also
                              reliant on a breathing entity, of which the entity
                              knows of in and out breaths.

                              Q I DONT UNDERSTAND ?OKAY DO I BREATHE
                              A NO YOU DONT

                              Q WHY DO YOU SAY SO WHEN I AM BREATHING?
                              A BECAUSE TO BREATHE IS NOT IN YOUR HANDS.WHEN YOU
                              WERE BORN YOU
                              DID NOT DECIDE THAT I SHALL START BREATHING AND WHEN
                              YOU ARE DYING
                              THEN ALSO YOU CANT SAY THAT NOW I SHALL STOP MY
                              BREADTH.YOU CANNOT
                              SAY THAT NOW I SHALL STOP GREATHING AND LATER I WILL
                              CONTINUE.

                              I think the jury is still out on this one. Funny thing
                              is, animals don't even know what breathing is to
                              decide or not "in thought" to breath. So using logic
                              to say one didn't decide to breath has no relevence.
                              Breathing begins and ends in this stance taken.
                              Breathing has no beginging, nor will it end, not in
                              knowing or without knowing. It seems that most like to
                              apply the loop only to certain concepts.

                              Q THEN WHO BREATHES
                              A THE ONE WHO LIVES
                              Q SO ,I UNDERSTOOD THAT I AM NOT BREATHING BUT THEN I
                              DO LIVE?
                              A YES YOU LIVE BUT YOU ARE NOT BREATHING.
                              Q DO YOU EXIST AS I SEE YOU
                              A YES
                              Q YOU MEAN ALL THE STARS THE SUN THE PLANETS AND ALL
                              THE THINGS DO
                              YOU EXIST AS THAT
                              A YES ALL THAT AND ALL THAT IS CONCIEVABLE TO YOU.BUT
                              AGAIN I AM
                              ANSWERING THE QUESTION ONLY FOR YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

                              Nice twist here. As to say the sun stars and what not
                              would not exist if one didn't know of them.

                              Q BUT FOR ME MY EXISTENCE IS WHAT MATTERS
                              A TRUE

                              Hehe, and still nobody care about this? How essential
                              is it to KNOW this completely, why do people take
                              things so personal? Cause it's all about them! In
                              contrast, no one will care that it's about them.

                              Q SO AS LONG AS I EXIST YOU ARE THERE AND IF I DIE
                              THEN YOU ALSO
                              CEASE TO EXIST
                              A TRUE BUT ONLY FOR YOU

                              How can one ever define truth as a truth, when a truth
                              is equally false?

                              Q SO LET ME CLEAR THIS THAT FOR INDIVIDUAL ME IF I
                              LIVE THEN YOU
                              LIVE
                              A TRUE
                              Q AND FOR ME IF I DIE THEN YOU ALSO DIE
                              A TRUE
                              Q AND MY BIRTH AND DEATH IS NOT IN MY HANDS
                              A TRUE
                              Q SO WE CAN SAY THAT YOU LIVE THROUGH ME
                              A TRUE
                              Q WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DIE
                              A WHEN YOU LIVE, I LIVE THROUGH YOU AND WHEN YOU DIE
                              ,YOU LIVE
                              THROUGH ME UNDERSTAND THIS WELL FOR THIS IS THE
                              ESSENCE AND I
                              SHALL REPEAT AGAIN - WHEN YOU LIVE I LIVE THROUGH YOU
                              AND WHEN YOU
                              DIE YOU LIVE THROUGH ME.

                              Ahh to live forever! How horrible! "Passing on" it
                              seems, has a dual meaning, how ironic! Enjoying the
                              loop...

                              Thanks for sharing Bob
                              Peace and Love

                              http://search.yahoo.com