[Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2003
      "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > --- In Jason Fishman
      > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
      > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
      > > state?
      > >
      > > Peace and Love
      >
      > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
      >
      > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
      > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
      > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
      > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

      yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
      the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
      in meditation is hard very hard and
      here lies the genius of the sound
      part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
      sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
      for any cognition and before you
      "notice" .. you are on the way

      Love, Karta

      > I practiced a
      > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
      > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
      >
      > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
      > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
      > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
      > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.
      >
      > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
      > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
      > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.
      >
      > Love
      > Bobby G.
      >

      > > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > > medit8ionsociety
      > > > evil spirits during
      > > > harm me and how to
      > > > comment must not be
      > > > will happen if one

      > > > years, that I would be
      > > > meditation.

      > > > that I was willing to
      > > > fear was overcome.

      > > > recoiling from, and

      > > > just "knowing".
      > > > correct me if I am wrong

      > > > I agree with you Bobby, there is
      > > > a death-jump like feeling before
      > > > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
      > > >
      > > > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
      > > > mantra for warding off the negative
      > > >
      > > > Karta
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2003
        <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > > --- In Jason Fishman
        > > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
        > > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
        > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
        > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
        > > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
        > > > state?
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
        > >
        > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
        > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
        > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my
        time
        > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
        >

        > yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
        > the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
        > in meditation is hard very hard and
        > here lies the genius of the sound
        > part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
        > sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
        > for any cognition and before you
        > "notice" .. you are on the way
        >
        > Love, Karta

        hi Karta:

        Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
        where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
        or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
        possession bumped me many times.

        Bobby G.

        > > I practiced a
        > > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
        > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
        > >
        > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
        > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have
        not
        > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly
        now
        > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it
        since.

        > > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context
        to an
        > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that
        we
        > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are
        bad.

        > > Love
        > > Bobby G.

      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2003
          --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
          > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
          > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
          > that
          > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
          > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
          > > especially one that is about the understanding
          > neither
          > > state?
          > >
          > > Peace and Love
          > >

          > in this case Jason, it is just the
          > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
          > alreay happened: with
          > the notice of negativity

          Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
          meditation is broken by negativity?

          > later, when "out" of meditation it is
          > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
          > and why that type of negative entity
          > appear, and what does it mean"

          Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
          you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
          occured. In relfection however, I once did this
          extensively.

          > it is usually one's supressed sub
          > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
          > uggly mirror, but must be done]

          Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
          makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
          reflection of my insides that I would love to
          confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
          world.

          Thanks Karta

          Peace and Love

          > Karta

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2003
            > hi Karta:
            >
            > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
            > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
            > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
            > possession bumped me many times.
            >
            > Bobby G.

            Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
            page the second one by Kirpal if you
            click on onlinebooks than on Naam
            there is more to read about the sound
            and the third you find Gurdijeff
            movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
            dance' like magick diagramm of steps
            and movements coordinated with emotions
            .. I have to look it up: he was
            initiated to and used the nadi-sound
            of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
            Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
            it is a great tool in meditation

            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

            Posession by the Aum, no I don't
            think so.

            Love, Karta
          • texasbg2000
            Message 5 of 19 , May 2, 2003
              <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > > hi Karta:
              > >
              > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
              meditation
              > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
              talking
              > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
              > > possession bumped me many times.
              > >
              > > Bobby G.
              > >

              > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
              > page the second one by Kirpal if you
              > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
              > there is more to read about the sound
              > and the third you find Gurdijeff
              > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
              > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
              > and movements coordinated with emotions
              > .. I have to look it up: he was
              > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
              > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
              > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
              > it is a great tool in meditation
              >
              > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
              > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
              > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
              >
              > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
              > think so.
              >
              > Love, Karta

              Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

              Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
              and movies.
              Love
              Bobby G.
              Message 6 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                snip
                Karta:
                > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                > > there is more to read about the sound
                > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                > > it is a great tool in meditation
                > >
                > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                > >
                > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                > > think so.
                > >
                > > Love, Karta

                Bobby G:
                > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                >
                > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                > and movies.
                > Love
                > Bobby G.

                Hi,
                The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                they call it "New Age"?:-)
              • texasbg2000
                Message 7 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  > snip
                  > Karta:
                  > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                  > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                  > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                  > > > there is more to read about the sound
                  > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                  > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                  > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                  > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                  > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                  > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                  > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                  > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                  > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                  > > >
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                  > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                  > > >
                  > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                  > > > think so.
                  > > >
                  > > > Love, Karta
                  >
                  > Bobby G:
                  > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                  > >
                  > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
                  training
                  > > and movies.
                  > > Love
                  > > Bobby G.
                  >
                  > Hi,
                  > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
                  or
                  > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
                  and
                  > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
                  probably
                  > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                  > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
                  in
                  > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
                  shut
                  > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
                  within,
                  > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
                  harmonies", "celestial
                  > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                  > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
                  aware
                  > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
                  the
                  > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
                  he
                  > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
                  would
                  > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                  > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                  > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                  > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                  > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                  > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                  > Peace and blessings,
                  > Bob

                  LOL. Yeah.

                  At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
                  know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

                  Bobby G.
                • satkartar7
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 3, 2003
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                    ly@y...> wrote:
                    > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                    > snip
                    > Karta:
                    > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                    > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                    > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                    > > > there is more to read about the sound
                    > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                    > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                    > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                    > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                    > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                    > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                    > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                    > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                    > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                    > > >
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                    > > >
                    > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                    > > > think so.
                    > > >
                    > > > Love, Karta
                    >
                    > Bobby G:
                    > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                    > >
                    > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                    > > and movies.
                    > > Love
                    > > Bobby G.
                    >
                    > Hi,
                    > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                    > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                    > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                    > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                    > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                    > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                    > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                    > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                    > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                    > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                    > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                    > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                    > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                    > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                    > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                    > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                    > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                    > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                    > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                    > Peace and blessings,
                    > Bob

                    yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                    know a lot about this.

                    The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                    have a memory already of the fear of
                    a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                    a paper kyte is above them they run
                    wild for cover chirping loudly

                    Love, Karta