[Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1 9:10 AM
      Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
      > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > especially one that is about the understanding neither
      > state?
      >
      > Peace and Love

      in this case Jason, it is just the
      same, since the moment of breaking meditation alreay happened: with
      the notice of negativity

      later, when "out" of meditation it is
      a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
      and why that type of negative entity
      appear, and what does it mean"

      it is usually one's supressed sub
      conscious mind manifesting [a painful
      uggly mirror, but must be done]

      Karta

    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1 9:18 AM
        "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > --- In Jason Fishman
        > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
        > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
        > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
        > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
        > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
        > > state?
        > >
        > > Peace and Love
        >
        > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
        >
        > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
        > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
        > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
        > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

        yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
        the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
        in meditation is hard very hard and
        here lies the genius of the sound
        part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
        sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
        for any cognition and before you
        "notice" .. you are on the way

        Love, Karta

        > I practiced a
        > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
        > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
        >
        > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
        > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
        > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
        > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.
        >
        > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
        > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
        > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.
        >
        > Love
        > Bobby G.
        >

        > > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > > > medit8ionsociety
        > > > evil spirits during
        > > > harm me and how to
        > > > comment must not be
        > > > will happen if one

        > > > years, that I would be
        > > > meditation.

        > > > that I was willing to
        > > > fear was overcome.

        > > > recoiling from, and

        > > > just "knowing".
        > > > correct me if I am wrong

        > > > I agree with you Bobby, there is
        > > > a death-jump like feeling before
        > > > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
        > > >
        > > > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
        > > > mantra for warding off the negative
        > > >
        > > > Karta
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1 10:15 AM
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > > --- In Jason Fishman
          > > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
          > > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
          > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
          > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
          > > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
          > > > state?
          > > >
          > > > Peace and Love
          > >
          > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
          > >
          > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
          > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
          > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my
          time
          > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
          >

          > yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
          > the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
          > in meditation is hard very hard and
          > here lies the genius of the sound
          > part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
          > sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
          > for any cognition and before you
          > "notice" .. you are on the way
          >
          > Love, Karta

          hi Karta:

          Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
          where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
          or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
          possession bumped me many times.

          Bobby G.

          > > I practiced a
          > > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
          > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
          > >
          > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
          > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have
          not
          > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly
          now
          > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it
          since.

          > > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context
          to an
          > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that
          we
          > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are
          bad.

          > > Love
          > > Bobby G.

        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 19 , May 1 4:46 PM
            --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
            > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
            > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
            > that
            > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
            > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
            > > especially one that is about the understanding
            > neither
            > > state?
            > >
            > > Peace and Love
            > >

            > in this case Jason, it is just the
            > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
            > alreay happened: with
            > the notice of negativity

            Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
            meditation is broken by negativity?

            > later, when "out" of meditation it is
            > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
            > and why that type of negative entity
            > appear, and what does it mean"

            Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
            you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
            occured. In relfection however, I once did this
            extensively.

            > it is usually one's supressed sub
            > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
            > uggly mirror, but must be done]

            Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
            makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
            reflection of my insides that I would love to
            confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
            world.

            Thanks Karta

            Peace and Love

            > Karta

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 19 , May 2 9:31 AM
              > hi Karta:
              >
              > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
              > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
              > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
              > possession bumped me many times.
              >
              > Bobby G.

              Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
              page the second one by Kirpal if you
              click on onlinebooks than on Naam
              there is more to read about the sound
              and the third you find Gurdijeff
              movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
              dance' like magick diagramm of steps
              and movements coordinated with emotions
              .. I have to look it up: he was
              initiated to and used the nadi-sound
              of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
              Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
              it is a great tool in meditation

              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

              Posession by the Aum, no I don't
              think so.

              Love, Karta
            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 19 , May 2 10:47 AM
                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > > hi Karta:
                > >
                > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
                meditation
                > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
                talking
                > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                > > possession bumped me many times.
                > >
                > > Bobby G.
                > >

                > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                > there is more to read about the sound
                > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                > and movements coordinated with emotions
                > .. I have to look it up: he was
                > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                > it is a great tool in meditation
                >
                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                >
                > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                > think so.
                >
                > Love, Karta

                Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

                Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                and movies.
                Love
                Bobby G.
                Message 7 of 19 , May 2 3:16 PM
                  "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  snip
                  Karta:
                  > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                  > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                  > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                  > > there is more to read about the sound
                  > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                  > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                  > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                  > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                  > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                  > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                  > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                  > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                  > > it is a great tool in meditation
                  > >
                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                  > >
                  > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                  > > think so.
                  > >
                  > > Love, Karta

                  Bobby G:
                  > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                  >
                  > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                  > and movies.
                  > Love
                  > Bobby G.

                  Hi,
                  The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                  Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                  deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                  sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                  predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                  his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                  out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                  and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                  choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                  that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                  of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                  start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                  also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                  have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                  door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                  his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                  into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                  meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                  they call it "New Age"?:-)
                • texasbg2000
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 2 5:33 PM
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                    > snip
                    > Karta:
                    > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                    > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                    > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                    > > > there is more to read about the sound
                    > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                    > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                    > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                    > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                    > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                    > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                    > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                    > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                    > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                    > > >
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                    > > >
                    > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                    > > > think so.
                    > > >
                    > > > Love, Karta
                    >
                    > Bobby G:
                    > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                    > >
                    > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
                    training
                    > > and movies.
                    > > Love
                    > > Bobby G.
                    >
                    > Hi,
                    > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
                    or
                    > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
                    and
                    > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
                    probably
                    > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                    > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
                    in
                    > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
                    shut
                    > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
                    within,
                    > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
                    harmonies", "celestial
                    > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                    > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
                    aware
                    > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
                    the
                    > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
                    he
                    > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
                    would
                    > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                    > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                    > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                    > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                    > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                    > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                    > Peace and blessings,
                    > Bob

                    LOL. Yeah.

                    At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
                    know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

                    Bobby G.
                  • satkartar7
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 3 10:54 AM
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                      ly@y...> wrote:
                      > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                      > snip
                      > Karta:
                      > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                      > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                      > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                      > > > there is more to read about the sound
                      > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                      > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                      > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                      > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                      > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                      > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                      > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                      > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                      > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                      > > >
                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                      > > >
                      > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                      > > > think so.
                      > > >
                      > > > Love, Karta
                      >
                      > Bobby G:
                      > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                      > >
                      > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                      > > and movies.
                      > > Love
                      > > Bobby G.
                      >
                      > Hi,
                      > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                      > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                      > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                      > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                      > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                      > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                      > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                      > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                      > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                      > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                      > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                      > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                      > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                      > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                      > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                      > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                      > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                      > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                      > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                      > Peace and blessings,
                      > Bob

                      yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                      know a lot about this.

                      The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                      have a memory already of the fear of
                      a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                      a paper kyte is above them they run
                      wild for cover chirping loudly

                      Love, Karta