Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
      --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@...> wrote:
      > Jason Fishman
      > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
      > that
      > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > > especially one that is about the understanding
      > neither
      > > state?
      > >
      > > Peace and Love
      >
      > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her
      > perspective.
      >
      > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that
      > seemed deep.

      Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would all
      care to experience. Moving, powerful & overwhelming.
      As to say this is heaven or hell, either being deep
      states of good or badness.

      > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose
      > control. I told
      > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I
      > had wasted my time
      > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

      Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
      would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with a
      serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers head
      be quite the same practice? Would you say there is a
      better sense of control when one does this on their
      own?

      > I practiced a
      > small affirmation that when the time came I would
      > not back off
      > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.

      Jason: hmm, ponderous.

      > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that
      > does not know
      > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
      > because they have not
      > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave.
      > It seems silly now
      > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not
      > seen it since.
      >
      > The question of negative or positive has to answered
      > in context to an
      > event and not as one of the rules in an objective
      > universe that we
      > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during
      > meditation are bad.

      Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share, thank
      you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all goodness
      perhaps?

      > Love
      > Bobby G.

      Peace and Love

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
        <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

        > > > I wouldn't mind hearing how either of you know
        > > that
        > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
        > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
        > > > especially one that is about the understanding
        > > neither
        > > > state?
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her
        > > perspective.
        > >
        > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that
        > > seemed deep.
        >
        > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would all
        > care to experience. Moving, powerful & overwhelming.
        > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being deep
        > states of good or badness.

        No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least in my case,
        thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The recurring one
        was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of meditation a misleading
        conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of control of themselves.

        I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was 'at the end of my
        rope'.

        > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose
        > > control. I told
        > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I
        > > had wasted my time
        > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
        >
        > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
        > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with a
        > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers head
        > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is a
        > better sense of control when one does this on their
        > own?

        could you go into this a little more? I dont understand your meaning.
        I actually sat down and waited to die.

        > > I practiced a
        > > small affirmation that when the time came I would
        > > not back off
        > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
        >
        > Jason: hmm, ponderous.

        I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts that I expect to
        return. You seem critical? Could you explain please?

        > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that
        > > does not know
        > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
        > > because they have not
        > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave.
        > > It seems silly now
        > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not
        > > seen it since.
        > >
        > > The question of negative or positive has to answered
        > > in context to an
        > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective
        > > universe that we
        > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during
        > > meditation are bad.
        >
        > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share, thank
        > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all goodness
        > perhaps?

        I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained I gave up the
        possibility of the demon.

        > Peace and Love

        Love
        Bobby G.
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
          > > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would
          > all
          > > care to experience. Moving, powerful &
          > overwhelming.
          > > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being
          > deep
          > > states of good or badness.
          >
          > No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least
          > in my case,
          > thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The
          > recurring one
          > was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of
          > meditation a misleading
          > conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of
          > control of themselves.
          >
          > I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was
          > 'at the end of my
          > rope'.

          Jason: OK, I see the conspiracy side of thought as
          though to say something is being done to you. i.e.
          another putting the thought in your head that
          meditation is lovely, only to find out that it's a way
          for another to control you (a demon, let's say).
          Although, I do still question the control side, as to
          say you are doing something to yourself or for
          yourself. In the case of meditation, is the act of
          meditation giving you something (either positive or
          negative)? As to say does the peace you feel during
          deep meditation give rise to a good feeling (not
          thoughts in words, just feeling) Let's not address the
          in between thought for now, as to say neti, neti.

          > > > It seemed like if I went any further I would
          > lose
          > > > control. I told
          > > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if
          > > > had wasted my time
          > > > and had never really been willing to face my
          > fears.
          > >
          > > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
          > > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with
          > > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers
          > head
          > > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is
          > > better sense of control when one does this on
          > their
          > > own?
          >
          > could you go into this a little more? I dont
          > understand your meaning.
          > I actually sat down and waited to die.

          Jason: What is ment here is, is sitting and waiting to
          die something other then have someone force your
          eminent death apon you. Does this waiting to die seem
          to give you the control as opposed to another taking
          your life? If, so... Does this thought that you
          control the outcome give you benift?

          I have succumb to my own death in both situations, so
          for me neither feel different, nor does there seem to
          be a benifit or non-benifit to this illusion of an
          end.

          > > > I practiced a
          > > > small affirmation that when the time came I
          > would
          > > > not back off
          > > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
          > >
          > > Jason: hmm, ponderous.
          >
          > I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts
          > that I expect to
          > return. You seem critical? Could you explain
          > please?

          Jason: The affirmation, that one will not back-off
          next time. I was thinking about this backing off, this
          letting go and again it seems to me a non-choice, nor
          does it provide a benifit to partake in such a
          practice.

          Such to say that you can do everything imaginable to
          remove the fear that you don't know whats around the
          corner. There still remains enough suprises around the
          corner to keep taht fear in check.

          Much like going around the block to meet your
          neighbors, you never know if you will be welcomed or
          not. So there is a sense that you may not be, even if
          you've been around the block a million times. There is
          still enough unwelcoming to keep it interesting.

          > > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child
          > that
          > > > does not know
          > > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
          > > > because they have not
          > > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be
          > brave.
          > > > It seems silly now
          > > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have
          > not
          > > > seen it since.
          > > >
          > > > The question of negative or positive has to
          > answered
          > > > in context to an
          > > > event and not as one of the rules in an
          > objective
          > > > universe that we
          > > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts
          > during
          > > > meditation are bad.
          > >
          > > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share,
          > thank
          > > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all
          > goodness
          > > perhaps?
          >
          > I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained
          > I gave up the
          > possibility of the demon.

          Jason: I understand. Although it is most certain to me
          that people don't care for each other (or for things),
          not in the least, until a moment arises when the other
          can do something to benifit them, then they care
          deeply. What really could be exposed is this knowing
          of oneself and of others, this may aid in the fight
          against the demons of understanding motivations and
          interplay in any relational experience. Even though
          people walk around saying things like "she/he loves me
          for me" or "he/she doesn't care", the bottom line is
          that they don't care until they do. Who am I? A
          selfish person, until those that benifit me are
          clearly understood, regardless of any past or future
          interplay. Death seems beyond a sense of self and is
          also prior to any senses. Nothing begins nor does it
          end, so I guess this is the end of another begining:)

          > > Peace and Love
          > >
          > Love
          > Bobby G.

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
            <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

            > > > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would
            > > all
            > > > care to experience. Moving, powerful &
            > > overwhelming.
            > > > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being
            > > deep
            > > > states of good or badness.
            > >
            > > No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least
            > > in my case,
            > > thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The
            > > recurring one
            > > was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of
            > > meditation a misleading
            > > conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of
            > > control of themselves.
            > >
            > > I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was
            > > 'at the end of my
            > > rope'.
            >
            > Jason: OK, I see the conspiracy side of thought as
            > though to say something is being done to you. i.e.
            > another putting the thought in your head that
            > meditation is lovely, only to find out that it's a way
            > for another to control you (a demon, let's say).
            > Although, I do still question the control side, as to
            > say you are doing something to yourself or for
            > yourself. In the case of meditation, is the act of
            > meditation giving you something (either positive or
            > negative)? As to say does the peace you feel during
            > deep meditation give rise to a good feeling (not
            > thoughts in words, just feeling) Let's not address the
            > in between thought for now, as to say neti, neti.

            Isn't this a different topic. That of 'is meditation helpful?' I
            believe meditating makes you better at meditation.

            > > lose
            > > fears.
            > > >
            > > > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
            > > > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with
            > > > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers
            > > head
            > > > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is
            > > > better sense of control when one does this on
            > > their
            > > > own?
            > >
            > > could you go into this a little more? I dont
            > > understand your meaning.
            > > I actually sat down and waited to die.
            >
            > Jason: What is ment here is, is sitting and waiting to
            > die something other then have someone force your
            > eminent death apon you. Does this waiting to die seem
            > to give you the control as opposed to another taking
            > your life? If, so... Does this thought that you
            > control the outcome give you benift?

            The idea of control is slippery. "Controlling the senses" sounds
            like an act of doing something but in fact is the act of not doing
            anything: not being influenced in any way enough to let the senses
            take focus from meditation.

            Submitting to fear is different in type than submitting to a loss of
            control, which is in effect, control of the senses.

            Eminent death is different. It is said that even the sages quake
            when death is near.

            > I have succumb to my own death in both situations, so
            > for me neither feel different, nor does there seem to
            > be a benifit or non-benifit to this illusion of an
            > end.

            > > would
            > > >
            > > > Jason: hmm, ponderous.
            > >
            > > I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts
            > > that I expect to
            > > return. You seem critical? Could you explain
            > > please?
            >
            > Jason: The affirmation, that one will not back-off
            > next time. I was thinking about this backing off, this
            > letting go and again it seems to me a non-choice, nor
            > does it provide a benifit to partake in such a
            > practice.
            >
            > Such to say that you can do everything imaginable to
            > remove the fear that you don't know whats around the
            > corner. There still remains enough suprises around the
            > corner to keep taht fear in check.
            >
            > Much like going around the block to meet your
            > neighbors, you never know if you will be welcomed or
            > not. So there is a sense that you may not be, even if
            > you've been around the block a million times. There is
            > still enough unwelcoming to keep it interesting.

            I believed in the love and wisdom I read and experienced and I saw
            too much system leading forward and this helped me lose fear.

            The fear dwindled I think because it was not about a real thing and
            reality had grown more present in my life. Of course fear of the
            unknown disappears entirely when it is seen to be unfounded.

            The main point is that fear of being possessed was for me a diversion
            from the real fear. The fear of death is a big one and too massive
            to confront so I substituted something I could handle, the fear of
            possession.

            > > that
            > > brave.
            > > not

            > > answered
            > > objective
            > > during
            > > >
            > > > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share,
            > > thank
            > > > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all
            > > goodness
            > > > perhaps?
            > >
            > > I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained
            > > I gave up the
            > > possibility of the demon.
            >
            > Jason: I understand. Although it is most certain to me
            > that people don't care for each other (or for things),
            > not in the least, until a moment arises when the other
            > can do something to benifit them, then they care
            > deeply. What really could be exposed is this knowing
            > of oneself and of others, this may aid in the fight
            > against the demons of understanding motivations and
            > interplay in any relational experience. Even though
            > people walk around saying things like "she/he loves me
            > for me" or "he/she doesn't care", the bottom line is
            > that they don't care until they do. Who am I? A
            > selfish person, until those that benifit me are
            > clearly understood, regardless of any past or future
            > interplay. Death seems beyond a sense of self and is
            > also prior to any senses. Nothing begins nor does it
            > end, so I guess this is the end of another begining:)

            I found that I love the truth. It is the simple act of knowing and
            it is the greatest gift of all. I don't think it is important if
            that is selfish or not.

            I do things for selfish reasons sometimes but when I find myself
            lying to myself to continue doing that thing then my tendency is to
            stop the lie and give up the benefit. That that gives me a greater
            benefit is beside the point.

            Love
            Bobby G.
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 19 , May 1, 2003
              Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
              > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
              > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
              > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
              > especially one that is about the understanding neither
              > state?
              >
              > Peace and Love

              in this case Jason, it is just the
              same, since the moment of breaking meditation alreay happened: with
              the notice of negativity

              later, when "out" of meditation it is
              a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
              and why that type of negative entity
              appear, and what does it mean"

              it is usually one's supressed sub
              conscious mind manifesting [a painful
              uggly mirror, but must be done]

              Karta

            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > --- In Jason Fishman
                > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
                > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
                > > state?
                > >
                > > Peace and Love
                >
                > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
                >
                > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
                > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
                > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
                > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

                yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
                the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
                in meditation is hard very hard and
                here lies the genius of the sound
                part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
                sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
                for any cognition and before you
                "notice" .. you are on the way

                Love, Karta

                > I practiced a
                > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
                > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                >
                > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
                > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
                > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
                > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.
                >
                > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
                > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
                > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.
                >
                > Love
                > Bobby G.
                >

                > > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > > > medit8ionsociety
                > > > evil spirits during
                > > > harm me and how to
                > > > comment must not be
                > > > will happen if one

                > > > years, that I would be
                > > > meditation.

                > > > that I was willing to
                > > > fear was overcome.

                > > > recoiling from, and

                > > > just "knowing".
                > > > correct me if I am wrong

                > > > I agree with you Bobby, there is
                > > > a death-jump like feeling before
                > > > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
                > > >
                > > > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
                > > > mantra for warding off the negative
                > > >
                > > > Karta
              • texasbg2000
                Message 7 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                  <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  > > --- In Jason Fishman
                  > > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                  > > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
                  > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                  > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                  > > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
                  > > > state?
                  > > >
                  > > > Peace and Love
                  > >
                  > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
                  > >
                  > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
                  > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
                  > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my
                  time
                  > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
                  >

                  > yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
                  > the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
                  > in meditation is hard very hard and
                  > here lies the genius of the sound
                  > part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
                  > sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
                  > for any cognition and before you
                  > "notice" .. you are on the way
                  >
                  > Love, Karta

                  hi Karta:

                  Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
                  where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
                  or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                  possession bumped me many times.

                  Bobby G.

                  > > I practiced a
                  > > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
                  > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                  > >
                  > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
                  > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have
                  not
                  > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly
                  now
                  > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it
                  since.

                  > > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context
                  to an
                  > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that
                  we
                  > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are
                  bad.

                  > > Love
                  > > Bobby G.

                • Jason Fishman
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                    --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
                    > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                    > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
                    > that
                    > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                    > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                    > > especially one that is about the understanding
                    > neither
                    > > state?
                    > >
                    > > Peace and Love
                    > >

                    > in this case Jason, it is just the
                    > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
                    > alreay happened: with
                    > the notice of negativity

                    Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
                    meditation is broken by negativity?

                    > later, when "out" of meditation it is
                    > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
                    > and why that type of negative entity
                    > appear, and what does it mean"

                    Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
                    you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
                    occured. In relfection however, I once did this
                    extensively.

                    > it is usually one's supressed sub
                    > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
                    > uggly mirror, but must be done]

                    Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
                    makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
                    reflection of my insides that I would love to
                    confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
                    world.

                    Thanks Karta

                    Peace and Love

                    > Karta

                    http://search.yahoo.com
                  • satkartar7
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                      > hi Karta:
                      >
                      > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
                      > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
                      > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                      > possession bumped me many times.
                      >
                      > Bobby G.

                      Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                      page the second one by Kirpal if you
                      click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                      there is more to read about the sound
                      and the third you find Gurdijeff
                      movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                      dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                      and movements coordinated with emotions
                      .. I have to look it up: he was
                      initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                      of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                      Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                      it is a great tool in meditation

                      <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                      <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                      <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

                      Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                      think so.

                      Love, Karta
                    • texasbg2000
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                        <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                        > > hi Karta:
                        > >
                        > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
                        meditation
                        > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
                        talking
                        > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                        > > possession bumped me many times.
                        > >
                        > > Bobby G.
                        > >

                        > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                        > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                        > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                        > there is more to read about the sound
                        > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                        > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                        > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                        > and movements coordinated with emotions
                        > .. I have to look it up: he was
                        > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                        > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                        > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                        > it is a great tool in meditation
                        >
                        > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                        > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                        > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                        >
                        > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                        > think so.
                        >
                        > Love, Karta

                        Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

                        Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                        and movies.
                        Love
                        Bobby G.
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                          "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                          snip
                          Karta:
                          > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                          > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                          > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                          > > there is more to read about the sound
                          > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                          > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                          > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                          > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                          > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                          > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                          > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                          > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                          > > it is a great tool in meditation
                          > >
                          > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                          > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                          > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                          > >
                          > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                          > > think so.
                          > >
                          > > Love, Karta

                          Bobby G:
                          > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                          >
                          > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                          > and movies.
                          > Love
                          > Bobby G.

                          Hi,
                          The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                          Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                          deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                          sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                          predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                          his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                          out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                          and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                          choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                          that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                          of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                          start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                          also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                          have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                          door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                          his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                          into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                          meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                          they call it "New Age"?:-)
                        • texasbg2000
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                            > snip
                            > Karta:
                            > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                            > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                            > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                            > > > there is more to read about the sound
                            > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                            > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                            > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                            > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                            > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                            > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                            > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                            > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                            > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                            > > >
                            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                            > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                            > > >
                            > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                            > > > think so.
                            > > >
                            > > > Love, Karta
                            >
                            > Bobby G:
                            > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                            > >
                            > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
                            training
                            > > and movies.
                            > > Love
                            > > Bobby G.
                            >
                            > Hi,
                            > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
                            or
                            > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
                            and
                            > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
                            probably
                            > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                            > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
                            in
                            > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
                            shut
                            > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
                            within,
                            > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
                            harmonies", "celestial
                            > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                            > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
                            aware
                            > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
                            the
                            > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
                            he
                            > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
                            would
                            > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                            > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                            > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                            > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                            > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                            > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                            > Peace and blessings,
                            > Bob

                            LOL. Yeah.

                            At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
                            know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

                            Bobby G.
                          • satkartar7
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 3, 2003
                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                              ly@y...> wrote:
                              > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                              > snip
                              > Karta:
                              > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                              > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                              > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                              > > > there is more to read about the sound
                              > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                              > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                              > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                              > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                              > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                              > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                              > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                              > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                              > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                              > > >
                              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                              > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                              > > >
                              > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                              > > > think so.
                              > > >
                              > > > Love, Karta
                              >
                              > Bobby G:
                              > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                              > >
                              > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                              > > and movies.
                              > > Love
                              > > Bobby G.
                              >
                              > Hi,
                              > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                              > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                              > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                              > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                              > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                              > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                              > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                              > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                              > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                              > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                              > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                              > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                              > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                              > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                              > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                              > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                              > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                              > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                              > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                              > Peace and blessings,
                              > Bob

                              yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                              know a lot about this.

                              The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                              have a memory already of the fear of
                              a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                              a paper kyte is above them they run
                              wild for cover chirping loudly

                              Love, Karta