Question from an email

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2002
      Question:
      Recently, I have had a few extreme visions of very complex
      and mathematically arranged light configurations when I close my eyes
      to go to sleep. At the time of these experiences I was intoxicated.
      Since I have had these visions I have become interested in
      meditation, but I have been unsuccessfull in seeing them again, nor
      have I experienced any of the other benefits of meditation that I
      have read about. I would appreciate your input on this matter.
      Also, I was wondering if there is anything more concrete you could
      tell me about what I should be thinking. Maybe it would help me if
      youshared some specific thoughts that you have had during meditation
      (if that is possible). I feel lost when I meditate. I dont know
      what I'm looking for and I keep reading about the wonders of
      meditation but I have yet to truly experience it. Any help on these
      matters would be appreciated.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 9:57 PM
        We date fossils by which rock layer they are found in.
        But we date the rock layers by the fossils they contain.
        So, whatsupwiththat?
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2 10:00 AM
          We date layers of rock by the layer via composition changes throughout seasons, so it's not really dating the rock, but the layer of sediment. Fossils buried in those layers then are supposed to be from a period dependent on the layer they are found.

          Pratical use of decay methods, such as carbon dating, have shown to be fairly accurate in comparison to the layer counting methods. It continues to get more confusing the deeper one goes as to variations in sedment "shift" where there is no real pattern to follow to determine age (or period) when a fossil can be said to have been a living creature during a certain era of the earths inhabitable life.

          Typical science methods depend on unilateral proof, unfortunatly the deeper (older) into anything one goes the less unilateral things appear. This prospect hold true also in day to day life, with the memory of human beings becomming less clear over time as shifts in perception wash away old ideas and habits.

          Peace and Love

          We date fossils by which rock layer they are found in.
          But we date the rock layers by the fossils they contain.
          So, whatsupwiththat?

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 7:10 PM
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > We date fossils by which rock layer they are found in.
            > But we date the rock layers by the fossils they contain.
            > So, whatsupwiththat?

            At my age fossils are the only people I appeal to. I have been asked
            what rock I crawled from under by these same fossils. I may have to

            Love
            Bobby G.
          • Bruce Morgen
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2 10:35 PM
              texasbg2000 wrote:
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              We date fossils by which rock layer they are found in.
              But we date the rock layers by the fossils they contain.
              So, whatsupwiththat?

              At my age fossils are the only people I appeal to.  I have been asked
              what rock I crawled from under by these same fossils.  I may have to

              Love
              Bobby G.

              You rock, man -- it makes me
              feel stoned!

            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3 8:05 AM
                <editor@j...> wrote:

                I have been rocking lo these many years
                Stoned and fossilized. Or is that philosophized?