Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear sir,
      > How should we react if we come into contact with evil spirits during
      > the 3rd eye meditation. Will the evil spirits harm me and how to
      deal
      > with them.
      > In most of your meditating techniques featured, comment must not be
      > done during meditation, why is it so and what will happen if one
      > really makes comments.
      > Thank you.
      > S.H.

      Dear SH:

      That was a very real fear in me also for many years, that I would be
      possessed if I turned loose and submitted to the meditation.

      For me it turned out that when I said to myself that I was willing to
      die to know what it is like to submit, that the fear was overcome.

      This told me it was really a fear of death I was recoiling from, and
      that the demon fear was covering my fear of death.

      Commenting during meditation is very similar to just "knowing".
      Knowing is acceptable. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong
      about this.

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Dear sir,
        > > How should we react if we come into contact with evil spirits during
        > > the 3rd eye meditation. Will the evil spirits harm me and how to
        > deal
        > > with them.
        > > In most of your meditating techniques featured, comment must not be
        > > done during meditation, why is it so and what will happen if one
        > > really makes comments.
        > > Thank you.
        > > S.H.
        >
        > Dear SH:
        >
        > That was a very real fear in me also for many years, that I would be
        > possessed if I turned loose and submitted to the meditation.
        >
        > For me it turned out that when I said to myself that I was willing to
        > die to know what it is like to submit, that the fear was overcome.
        >
        > This told me it was really a fear of death I was recoiling from, and
        > that the demon fear was covering my fear of death.
        >
        > Commenting during meditation is very similar to just "knowing".
        > Knowing is acceptable. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong
        > about this.
        >
        > Love
        > Bobby G.

        I agree with you Bobby, there is
        a death-jump like feeling before
        leaving the mind behind..a struggle

        In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
        mantra for warding off the negative

        Karta
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
          I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
          it's bad? In what way does one notice the
          manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
          especially one that is about the understanding neither
          state?

          Peace and Love

          --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
          > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > medit8ionsociety
          > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > > Dear sir,
          > > > How should we react if we come into contact with
          > evil spirits during
          > > > the 3rd eye meditation. Will the evil spirits
          > harm me and how to
          > > deal
          > > > with them.
          > > > In most of your meditating techniques featured,
          > comment must not be
          > > > done during meditation, why is it so and what
          > will happen if one
          > > > really makes comments.
          > > > Thank you.
          > > > S.H.
          > >
          > > Dear SH:
          > >
          > > That was a very real fear in me also for many
          > years, that I would be
          > > possessed if I turned loose and submitted to the
          > meditation.
          > >
          > > For me it turned out that when I said to myself
          > that I was willing to
          > > die to know what it is like to submit, that the
          > fear was overcome.
          > >
          > > This told me it was really a fear of death I was
          > recoiling from, and
          > > that the demon fear was covering my fear of death.
          > >
          > > Commenting during meditation is very similar to
          > just "knowing".
          > > Knowing is acceptable. I hope someone will
          > correct me if I am wrong
          > > about this.
          > >
          > > Love
          > > Bobby G.
          >

          > I agree with you Bobby, there is
          > a death-jump like feeling before
          > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
          >
          > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
          > mantra for warding off the negative
          >
          > Karta

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
            <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
            > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
            > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
            > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
            > especially one that is about the understanding neither
            > state?
            >
            > Peace and Love

            Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.

            for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
            It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
            myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
            and had never really been willing to face my fears. I practiced a
            small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
            again. So I was graced with Samadhi.

            The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
            monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
            lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
            but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.

            The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
            event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
            must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.

            Love
            Bobby G.

            > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > > medit8ionsociety
            > > evil spirits during
            > > harm me and how to
            > > > deal
            > > comment must not be
            > > will happen if one
            > > >
            > > > Dear SH:
            > > >
            > > > That was a very real fear in me also for many
            > > years, that I would be
            > > > possessed if I turned loose and submitted to the
            > > meditation.
            > > >
            > > > For me it turned out that when I said to myself
            > > that I was willing to
            > > > die to know what it is like to submit, that the
            > > fear was overcome.
            > > >
            > > > This told me it was really a fear of death I was
            > > recoiling from, and
            > > > that the demon fear was covering my fear of death.
            > > >
            > > > Commenting during meditation is very similar to
            > > just "knowing".
            > > > Knowing is acceptable. I hope someone will
            > > correct me if I am wrong
            > > > about this.
            > > >
            > > > Love
            > > > Bobby G.
            > >

            > > I agree with you Bobby, there is
            > > a death-jump like feeling before
            > > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
            > >
            > > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
            > > mantra for warding off the negative
            > >
            > > Karta

            > http://search.yahoo.com
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
              --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@...> wrote:
              > Jason Fishman
              > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
              > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
              > that
              > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
              > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
              > > especially one that is about the understanding
              > neither
              > > state?
              > >
              > > Peace and Love
              >
              > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her
              > perspective.
              >
              > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that
              > seemed deep.

              Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would all
              care to experience. Moving, powerful & overwhelming.
              As to say this is heaven or hell, either being deep
              states of good or badness.

              > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose
              > control. I told
              > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I
              > had wasted my time
              > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

              Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
              would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with a
              serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers head
              be quite the same practice? Would you say there is a
              better sense of control when one does this on their
              own?

              > I practiced a
              > small affirmation that when the time came I would
              > not back off
              > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.

              Jason: hmm, ponderous.

              > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that
              > does not know
              > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
              > because they have not
              > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave.
              > It seems silly now
              > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not
              > seen it since.
              >
              > The question of negative or positive has to answered
              > in context to an
              > event and not as one of the rules in an objective
              > universe that we
              > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during
              > meditation are bad.

              Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share, thank
              you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all goodness
              perhaps?

              > Love
              > Bobby G.

              Peace and Love

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
                <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                > > > I wouldn't mind hearing how either of you know
                > > that
                > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                > > > especially one that is about the understanding
                > > neither
                > > > state?
                > > >
                > > > Peace and Love
                > >
                > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her
                > > perspective.
                > >
                > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that
                > > seemed deep.
                >
                > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would all
                > care to experience. Moving, powerful & overwhelming.
                > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being deep
                > states of good or badness.

                No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least in my case,
                thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The recurring one
                was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of meditation a misleading
                conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of control of themselves.

                I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was 'at the end of my
                rope'.

                > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose
                > > control. I told
                > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I
                > > had wasted my time
                > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
                >
                > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
                > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with a
                > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers head
                > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is a
                > better sense of control when one does this on their
                > own?

                could you go into this a little more? I dont understand your meaning.
                I actually sat down and waited to die.

                > > I practiced a
                > > small affirmation that when the time came I would
                > > not back off
                > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                >
                > Jason: hmm, ponderous.

                I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts that I expect to
                return. You seem critical? Could you explain please?

                > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that
                > > does not know
                > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
                > > because they have not
                > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave.
                > > It seems silly now
                > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not
                > > seen it since.
                > >
                > > The question of negative or positive has to answered
                > > in context to an
                > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective
                > > universe that we
                > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during
                > > meditation are bad.
                >
                > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share, thank
                > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all goodness
                > perhaps?

                I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained I gave up the
                possibility of the demon.

                > Peace and Love

                Love
                Bobby G.
              • Jason Fishman
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
                  > > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would
                  > all
                  > > care to experience. Moving, powerful &
                  > overwhelming.
                  > > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being
                  > deep
                  > > states of good or badness.
                  >
                  > No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least
                  > in my case,
                  > thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The
                  > recurring one
                  > was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of
                  > meditation a misleading
                  > conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of
                  > control of themselves.
                  >
                  > I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was
                  > 'at the end of my
                  > rope'.

                  Jason: OK, I see the conspiracy side of thought as
                  though to say something is being done to you. i.e.
                  another putting the thought in your head that
                  meditation is lovely, only to find out that it's a way
                  for another to control you (a demon, let's say).
                  Although, I do still question the control side, as to
                  say you are doing something to yourself or for
                  yourself. In the case of meditation, is the act of
                  meditation giving you something (either positive or
                  negative)? As to say does the peace you feel during
                  deep meditation give rise to a good feeling (not
                  thoughts in words, just feeling) Let's not address the
                  in between thought for now, as to say neti, neti.

                  > > > It seemed like if I went any further I would
                  > lose
                  > > > control. I told
                  > > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if
                  > > > had wasted my time
                  > > > and had never really been willing to face my
                  > fears.
                  > >
                  > > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
                  > > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with
                  > > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers
                  > head
                  > > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is
                  > > better sense of control when one does this on
                  > their
                  > > own?
                  >
                  > could you go into this a little more? I dont
                  > understand your meaning.
                  > I actually sat down and waited to die.

                  Jason: What is ment here is, is sitting and waiting to
                  die something other then have someone force your
                  eminent death apon you. Does this waiting to die seem
                  to give you the control as opposed to another taking
                  your life? If, so... Does this thought that you
                  control the outcome give you benift?

                  I have succumb to my own death in both situations, so
                  for me neither feel different, nor does there seem to
                  be a benifit or non-benifit to this illusion of an
                  end.

                  > > > I practiced a
                  > > > small affirmation that when the time came I
                  > would
                  > > > not back off
                  > > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                  > >
                  > > Jason: hmm, ponderous.
                  >
                  > I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts
                  > that I expect to
                  > return. You seem critical? Could you explain
                  > please?

                  Jason: The affirmation, that one will not back-off
                  next time. I was thinking about this backing off, this
                  letting go and again it seems to me a non-choice, nor
                  does it provide a benifit to partake in such a
                  practice.

                  Such to say that you can do everything imaginable to
                  remove the fear that you don't know whats around the
                  corner. There still remains enough suprises around the
                  corner to keep taht fear in check.

                  Much like going around the block to meet your
                  neighbors, you never know if you will be welcomed or
                  not. So there is a sense that you may not be, even if
                  you've been around the block a million times. There is
                  still enough unwelcoming to keep it interesting.

                  > > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child
                  > that
                  > > > does not know
                  > > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
                  > > > because they have not
                  > > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be
                  > brave.
                  > > > It seems silly now
                  > > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have
                  > not
                  > > > seen it since.
                  > > >
                  > > > The question of negative or positive has to
                  > answered
                  > > > in context to an
                  > > > event and not as one of the rules in an
                  > objective
                  > > > universe that we
                  > > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts
                  > during
                  > > > meditation are bad.
                  > >
                  > > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share,
                  > thank
                  > > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all
                  > goodness
                  > > perhaps?
                  >
                  > I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained
                  > I gave up the
                  > possibility of the demon.

                  Jason: I understand. Although it is most certain to me
                  that people don't care for each other (or for things),
                  not in the least, until a moment arises when the other
                  can do something to benifit them, then they care
                  deeply. What really could be exposed is this knowing
                  of oneself and of others, this may aid in the fight
                  against the demons of understanding motivations and
                  interplay in any relational experience. Even though
                  people walk around saying things like "she/he loves me
                  for me" or "he/she doesn't care", the bottom line is
                  that they don't care until they do. Who am I? A
                  selfish person, until those that benifit me are
                  clearly understood, regardless of any past or future
                  interplay. Death seems beyond a sense of self and is
                  also prior to any senses. Nothing begins nor does it
                  end, so I guess this is the end of another begining:)

                  > > Peace and Love
                  > >
                  > Love
                  > Bobby G.

                  http://search.yahoo.com
                • texasbg2000
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 30, 2003
                    <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                    > > > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would
                    > > all
                    > > > care to experience. Moving, powerful &
                    > > overwhelming.
                    > > > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being
                    > > deep
                    > > > states of good or badness.
                    > >
                    > > No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least
                    > > in my case,
                    > > thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The
                    > > recurring one
                    > > was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of
                    > > meditation a misleading
                    > > conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of
                    > > control of themselves.
                    > >
                    > > I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was
                    > > 'at the end of my
                    > > rope'.
                    >
                    > Jason: OK, I see the conspiracy side of thought as
                    > though to say something is being done to you. i.e.
                    > another putting the thought in your head that
                    > meditation is lovely, only to find out that it's a way
                    > for another to control you (a demon, let's say).
                    > Although, I do still question the control side, as to
                    > say you are doing something to yourself or for
                    > yourself. In the case of meditation, is the act of
                    > meditation giving you something (either positive or
                    > negative)? As to say does the peace you feel during
                    > deep meditation give rise to a good feeling (not
                    > thoughts in words, just feeling) Let's not address the
                    > in between thought for now, as to say neti, neti.

                    Isn't this a different topic. That of 'is meditation helpful?' I
                    believe meditating makes you better at meditation.

                    > > lose
                    > > fears.
                    > > >
                    > > > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
                    > > > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with
                    > > > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers
                    > > head
                    > > > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is
                    > > > better sense of control when one does this on
                    > > their
                    > > > own?
                    > >
                    > > could you go into this a little more? I dont
                    > > understand your meaning.
                    > > I actually sat down and waited to die.
                    >
                    > Jason: What is ment here is, is sitting and waiting to
                    > die something other then have someone force your
                    > eminent death apon you. Does this waiting to die seem
                    > to give you the control as opposed to another taking
                    > your life? If, so... Does this thought that you
                    > control the outcome give you benift?

                    The idea of control is slippery. "Controlling the senses" sounds
                    like an act of doing something but in fact is the act of not doing
                    anything: not being influenced in any way enough to let the senses
                    take focus from meditation.

                    Submitting to fear is different in type than submitting to a loss of
                    control, which is in effect, control of the senses.

                    Eminent death is different. It is said that even the sages quake
                    when death is near.

                    > I have succumb to my own death in both situations, so
                    > for me neither feel different, nor does there seem to
                    > be a benifit or non-benifit to this illusion of an
                    > end.

                    > > would
                    > > >
                    > > > Jason: hmm, ponderous.
                    > >
                    > > I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts
                    > > that I expect to
                    > > return. You seem critical? Could you explain
                    > > please?
                    >
                    > Jason: The affirmation, that one will not back-off
                    > next time. I was thinking about this backing off, this
                    > letting go and again it seems to me a non-choice, nor
                    > does it provide a benifit to partake in such a
                    > practice.
                    >
                    > Such to say that you can do everything imaginable to
                    > remove the fear that you don't know whats around the
                    > corner. There still remains enough suprises around the
                    > corner to keep taht fear in check.
                    >
                    > Much like going around the block to meet your
                    > neighbors, you never know if you will be welcomed or
                    > not. So there is a sense that you may not be, even if
                    > you've been around the block a million times. There is
                    > still enough unwelcoming to keep it interesting.

                    I believed in the love and wisdom I read and experienced and I saw
                    too much system leading forward and this helped me lose fear.

                    The fear dwindled I think because it was not about a real thing and
                    reality had grown more present in my life. Of course fear of the
                    unknown disappears entirely when it is seen to be unfounded.

                    The main point is that fear of being possessed was for me a diversion
                    from the real fear. The fear of death is a big one and too massive
                    to confront so I substituted something I could handle, the fear of
                    possession.

                    > > that
                    > > brave.
                    > > not

                    > > answered
                    > > objective
                    > > during
                    > > >
                    > > > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share,
                    > > thank
                    > > > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all
                    > > goodness
                    > > > perhaps?
                    > >
                    > > I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained
                    > > I gave up the
                    > > possibility of the demon.
                    >
                    > Jason: I understand. Although it is most certain to me
                    > that people don't care for each other (or for things),
                    > not in the least, until a moment arises when the other
                    > can do something to benifit them, then they care
                    > deeply. What really could be exposed is this knowing
                    > of oneself and of others, this may aid in the fight
                    > against the demons of understanding motivations and
                    > interplay in any relational experience. Even though
                    > people walk around saying things like "she/he loves me
                    > for me" or "he/she doesn't care", the bottom line is
                    > that they don't care until they do. Who am I? A
                    > selfish person, until those that benifit me are
                    > clearly understood, regardless of any past or future
                    > interplay. Death seems beyond a sense of self and is
                    > also prior to any senses. Nothing begins nor does it
                    > end, so I guess this is the end of another begining:)

                    I found that I love the truth. It is the simple act of knowing and
                    it is the greatest gift of all. I don't think it is important if
                    that is selfish or not.

                    I do things for selfish reasons sometimes but when I find myself
                    lying to myself to continue doing that thing then my tendency is to
                    stop the lie and give up the benefit. That that gives me a greater
                    benefit is beside the point.

                    Love
                    Bobby G.
                  • satkartar7
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                      Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                      > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
                      > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                      > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                      > especially one that is about the understanding neither
                      > state?
                      >
                      > Peace and Love

                      in this case Jason, it is just the
                      same, since the moment of breaking meditation alreay happened: with
                      the notice of negativity

                      later, when "out" of meditation it is
                      a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
                      and why that type of negative entity
                      appear, and what does it mean"

                      it is usually one's supressed sub
                      conscious mind manifesting [a painful
                      uggly mirror, but must be done]

                      Karta

                    • satkartar7
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                        "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                        > --- In Jason Fishman
                        > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                        > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
                        > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                        > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                        > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
                        > > state?
                        > >
                        > > Peace and Love
                        >
                        > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
                        >
                        > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
                        > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
                        > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
                        > and had never really been willing to face my fears.

                        yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
                        the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
                        in meditation is hard very hard and
                        here lies the genius of the sound
                        part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
                        sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
                        for any cognition and before you
                        "notice" .. you are on the way

                        Love, Karta

                        > I practiced a
                        > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
                        > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                        >
                        > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
                        > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
                        > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
                        > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.
                        >
                        > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
                        > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
                        > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.
                        >
                        > Love
                        > Bobby G.
                        >

                        > > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                        > > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                        > > > medit8ionsociety
                        > > > evil spirits during
                        > > > harm me and how to
                        > > > comment must not be
                        > > > will happen if one

                        > > > years, that I would be
                        > > > meditation.

                        > > > that I was willing to
                        > > > fear was overcome.

                        > > > recoiling from, and

                        > > > just "knowing".
                        > > > correct me if I am wrong

                        > > > I agree with you Bobby, there is
                        > > > a death-jump like feeling before
                        > > > leaving the mind behind..a struggle
                        > > >
                        > > > In Shabd Yoga Meditation they give a
                        > > > mantra for warding off the negative
                        > > >
                        > > > Karta
                      • texasbg2000
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                          > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                          > > --- In Jason Fishman
                          > > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                          > > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
                          > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                          > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                          > > > especially one that is about the understanding neither
                          > > > state?
                          > > >
                          > > > Peace and Love
                          > >
                          > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.
                          > >
                          > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
                          > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
                          > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my
                          time
                          > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
                          >

                          > yes, Bobby, the "death-jump" [leaving
                          > the "mind" behind for deeper"cleaning"]
                          > in meditation is hard very hard and
                          > here lies the genius of the sound
                          > part of the Sabd Yoga meditation,
                          > sinc it does mesmerize one: no place
                          > for any cognition and before you
                          > "notice" .. you are on the way
                          >
                          > Love, Karta

                          hi Karta:

                          Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
                          where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
                          or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                          possession bumped me many times.

                          Bobby G.

                          > > I practiced a
                          > > small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
                          > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
                          > >
                          > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
                          > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have
                          not
                          > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly
                          now
                          > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it
                          since.

                          > > The question of negative or positive has to answered in context
                          to an
                          > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that
                          we
                          > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are
                          bad.

                          > > Love
                          > > Bobby G.

                        • Jason Fishman
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 1, 2003
                            --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
                            > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                            > > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know
                            > that
                            > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
                            > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
                            > > especially one that is about the understanding
                            > neither
                            > > state?
                            > >
                            > > Peace and Love
                            > >

                            > in this case Jason, it is just the
                            > same, since the moment of breaking meditation
                            > alreay happened: with
                            > the notice of negativity

                            Jason: Why only in this case? Would you say that
                            meditation is broken by negativity?

                            > later, when "out" of meditation it is
                            > a good thing to do vichara: "why did,
                            > and why that type of negative entity
                            > appear, and what does it mean"

                            Jason: I don't believe I suffer from this reflection
                            you speak of.. This giving meaning to why something
                            occured. In relfection however, I once did this
                            extensively.

                            > it is usually one's supressed sub
                            > conscious mind manifesting [a painful
                            > uggly mirror, but must be done]

                            Jason: I actually enjoy the painful, ugly mirror. It
                            makes sense to me, since everyone outside is the ugly
                            reflection of my insides that I would love to
                            confront, yet I can't seem to find anywhere in my
                            world.

                            Thanks Karta

                            Peace and Love

                            > Karta

                            http://search.yahoo.com
                          • satkartar7
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                              > hi Karta:
                              >
                              > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound meditation
                              > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when talking
                              > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                              > possession bumped me many times.
                              >
                              > Bobby G.

                              Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                              page the second one by Kirpal if you
                              click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                              there is more to read about the sound
                              and the third you find Gurdijeff
                              movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                              dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                              and movements coordinated with emotions
                              .. I have to look it up: he was
                              initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                              of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                              Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                              it is a great tool in meditation

                              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                              <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>

                              Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                              think so.

                              Love, Karta
                            • texasbg2000
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                                > > hi Karta:
                                > >
                                > > Could you post that Sabd Yoga meditation? I have a sound
                                meditation
                                > > where the sound is always present and I can hear it even when
                                talking
                                > > or listening. Is it similar to that? Even with it the fear of
                                > > possession bumped me many times.
                                > >
                                > > Bobby G.
                                > >

                                > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                                > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                                > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                                > there is more to read about the sound
                                > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                                > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                                > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                                > and movements coordinated with emotions
                                > .. I have to look it up: he was
                                > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                                > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                                > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                                > it is a great tool in meditation
                                >
                                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                                > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                                >
                                > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                                > think so.
                                >
                                > Love, Karta

                                Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.

                                Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                                and movies.
                                Love
                                Bobby G.
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                                  "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                                  snip
                                  Karta:
                                  > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                                  > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                                  > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                                  > > there is more to read about the sound
                                  > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                                  > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                                  > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                                  > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                                  > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                                  > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                                  > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                                  > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                                  > > it is a great tool in meditation
                                  > >
                                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                                  > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                                  > >
                                  > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                                  > > think so.
                                  > >
                                  > > Love, Karta

                                  Bobby G:
                                  > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                                  >
                                  > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                                  > and movies.
                                  > Love
                                  > Bobby G.

                                  Hi,
                                  The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                                  Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                                  deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                                  sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                                  predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                                  his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                                  out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                                  and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                                  choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                                  that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                                  of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                                  start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                                  also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                                  have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                                  door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                                  his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                                  into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                                  meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                                  they call it "New Age"?:-)
                                • texasbg2000
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 2, 2003
                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                                    > snip
                                    > Karta:
                                    > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                                    > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                                    > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                                    > > > there is more to read about the sound
                                    > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                                    > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                                    > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                                    > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                                    > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                                    > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                                    > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                                    > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                                    > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                                    > > >
                                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                                    > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                                    > > > think so.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Love, Karta
                                    >
                                    > Bobby G:
                                    > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                                    > >
                                    > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist
                                    training
                                    > > and movies.
                                    > > Love
                                    > > Bobby G.
                                    >
                                    > Hi,
                                    > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies
                                    or
                                    > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest
                                    and
                                    > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman
                                    probably
                                    > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                                    > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers
                                    in
                                    > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to
                                    shut
                                    > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking
                                    within,
                                    > and finding and listening to the inner "divine
                                    harmonies", "celestial
                                    > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                                    > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more
                                    aware
                                    > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been
                                    the
                                    > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And
                                    he
                                    > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and
                                    would
                                    > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                                    > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                                    > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                                    > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                                    > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                                    > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                                    > Peace and blessings,
                                    > Bob

                                    LOL. Yeah.

                                    At some point someone had to say "Egad, eureka! This is awesome!" I
                                    know I did. It was in Cincinatti.

                                    Bobby G.
                                  • satkartar7
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 3, 2003
                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_rep=
                                      ly@y...> wrote:
                                      > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                                      > snip
                                      > Karta:
                                      > > > Hi Bobby here is the sound meditation
                                      > > > page the second one by Kirpal if you
                                      > > > click on onlinebooks than on Naam
                                      > > > there is more to read about the sound
                                      > > > and the third you find Gurdijeff
                                      > > > movement diagram 'he taught a yoga-
                                      > > > dance' like magick diagramm of steps
                                      > > > and movements coordinated with emotions
                                      > > > .. I have to look it up: he was
                                      > > > initiated to and used the nadi-sound
                                      > > > of Aum also. So is Keith Richards, Erick
                                      > > > Clapton Shania Twain and many musicians
                                      > > > it is a great tool in meditation
                                      > > >
                                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>
                                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/santmat/kirpal.html>
                                      > > > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/2/sufiart.htm>
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Posession by the Aum, no I don't
                                      > > > think so.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Love, Karta
                                      >
                                      > Bobby G:
                                      > > Thank you Karta, it is the same meditation I have been using.
                                      > >
                                      > > Probably the possession thing came out of my early Baptist training
                                      > > and movies.
                                      > > Love
                                      > > Bobby G.
                                      >
                                      > Hi,
                                      > The fear of possession may have a much earlier origion than movies or
                                      > Baptist stuff. As a matter of fact, in may be in our very oldest and
                                      > deepest genetic memories. In the days before fire, a caveman probably
                                      > sat in the dark shaking with fear of the roars and growls of the
                                      > predators roaming around outside. He very likely stuck his fingers in
                                      > his ears, or plugged them up with dirt or whatever was handy, to shut
                                      > out the terrifying sounds. This was the start of man looking within,
                                      > and finding and listening to the inner "divine harmonies", "celestial
                                      > choirs", and so on, that every religion and "way" has reported from
                                      > that time on. Similarly, he would have likely become much more aware
                                      > of his breath, and it is probable that this would have also been the
                                      > start of the Soham meditation, and other pranayama techniques. And he
                                      > also probably had his eyes shut tightly at different times and would
                                      > have likely eventually focused on the 3rd eye area, and the inner
                                      > door to cosmic vision would have opened. All of this would have led
                                      > his newly evolved frontal lobe activity to start the enquiry
                                      > into "Who am I?", What is this life about", and so on. And thus
                                      > meditation began and continues until this very moment. So, how come
                                      > they call it "New Age"?:-)
                                      > Peace and blessings,
                                      > Bob

                                      yes, fear is deep seated, Dam must
                                      know a lot about this.

                                      The just hatched from the eggs chiks
                                      have a memory already of the fear of
                                      a big-bird or eagle flying above them Experiment sowed that if the shadow o=
                                      a paper kyte is above them they run
                                      wild for cover chirping loudly

                                      Love, Karta