Strange things happened

  • citygal015
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2002
      I am new to this group, and have just re-acquainted myself
      with meditation after a long time away. I am using meditation
      to regain a sense of my spirit and inner self, and cleanse
      some of the anxiety I just experienced due a recent relationship
      breakup which meant I moved back to Canada from the US and am
      rebuilding my life.

      In my mediations, I experience a rush of energy through
      and around my body and "see- through closed eyes" an amazing
      spectrum of light, it often either white or red. The colors swirl
      and dance in quite a wonderful display. As I focus my energy
      on this light, I have found the last two nights, my arms (from
      the shoulders) start to rise. The position I am in is laying
      on my back, arms at my sides. And...literally, my arms from the
      shoulders start rising. Last night when I opened my eyes and
      came out of meditation, my arms were at least two feet off the
      bed. Although I can feel this happening during the meditation,
      it happens so slowly that I don't really pay attention to it.

      So gang, what is going on here, any ideas on why this would
      be happening? Should I be grounding myself or something?

      Thanks for any insights.
      Donna