Nasrudin learns from a nut

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      Nasrudin and a friend stopped to rest under a nut tree. They soon
      noticed a huge pumpkin growing on a thin vine.

      "How foolish are the ways of nature," his companion muttered. "If
      things were as they should be, this big, strong tree would hold the
      large pumpkins, and the spindly vine would hold the nuts. Now if I
      made the world, that is how I'd have done it!"

      At that moment, from high up in the tree, a small nut fell and hit him
      squarely on the head. Startled, he looked up into the branches as
      Nasrudin smiled broadly and stated " If that was a big pumpkin that
      fell out of the tree onto your head, it most certainly would have
      killed you!"