Re: [Meditation Society of America] question: meditation suited to temperment

  • wrmspirit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 28, 2003
      > ******** I used to run a computer school for kids and ended up
      > specializing in kids with ADD. Using the educational computer games
      > for learning to read helped them significantly in bringing them up to
      > speed with their classmates. The games were able to hold their
      > attention. My living and dining room I turned into a classroom filled
      > with computers where kids would come after school. It was a lot of
      > fun. It got very popular and I was packed with kids after school.
      >
      > Judi

      That is fantastic, Judi. And yes, the computer is a wonderful source of
      learning for them. They seem to have a unique potential for concentration
      on such activities. And as they learn, the frustration level drops
      significantly. I can vividly picture your living and dining room filled with
      computers and children. A lot of love in those two rooms. Thanks so much
      for sharing that.

      Norma

      ********* Yes, and success breeds success. I always found working with kids
      very fun and worthwhile. All brats the bunch! :-)

      Judi

      hehehe......Did I tell you that I work as a school nurse with a preschool
      program. Those little ones......never a dull moment....It's a special place
      to be with children.
      I'll remember those words....."All brats the bunch".....so true.....<g>

      Norma
    • satkartar7
      Message 37 of 37 , May 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, wrmspirit@a...
        > wrote:
        > > In a message dated 4/30/2003 7:30:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > > judirhodes@z... writes:
        > >

        > > > ********** I might have some good news for you Norma, depending
        > on
        > > > where you live of course, but 18 is the legal age in this country
        > > > when you can kick them out of the house! :-)
        > > >
        > > > Sheesh! :-)
        > > >
        > > > Judi
        > >
        > > <gg>..No one to boot from over here.....but on a day to day basis,
        > that's
        > > excellent advice, in general, and I have no doubt more teens are
        > aware of the
        > > legality of that specific age, than are parents.
        > >
        > > From a broader picture all things come and go in accord with
        > motion, both
        > > actively and passively, no matter how much importance is placed
        > upon
        > > 'assuming' the role of facilitator. With that out of the way it is
        > nice to
        > > know that what is free to visit, is also free to leave.
        > >

        > > Norma
        > >

        > ****** OK, whatever you say Norma. :-) You don't mind if I start
        > calling you "Wordsalad Norma" do you?

        what a day! The Jiving Reverend
        names normal people

        > Seriously, do you ever listen
        > to the shit that comes out of your mouth? :-)

        get that "mirror" HighCow up and
        watch the shit flow from your mouth

        Karta