re: ADHD (Nina)

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2003
      Dear Nina

      I was just looking for your last post,
      but i think its gone....

      anyway, i had a couple of thoughts
      that came up from what you said.

      The ADD/ADHD condition seems to me
      to be largely (not entirely) a combination of
      the increased amount of information that
      comes through all the different avenues of communication
      that now exist, combined with the propensity
      of these individuals to be ultra sensitive with less filters
      than others...which is what i heard you saying
      in your post.

      So, all kinds of information coming in all the time.

      When there is expanded awareness, there is even more information,
      for example, from senses beyond the five senses, and even from different
      Void universes (Stephen Jourdain
      and Stephen Wolinsky talk about these).

      So, when there is this expanded awareness, with all
      kinds of information coming in, it then becomes a
      matter of all of this info working "for you"
      rather than against you.

      Where there is disidentification with personal doership
      then it can work "for" rather than "against".

      Thanks for sharing,

      Freyja

    • Dennis Lewis
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2003
        Yes, it is true that many people are being adversely affected by an
        information overload. But most people do not develop ADD. ADD/ADHD is
        often the result of hormonal imbalances (especially insulin) in the
        body, which can result from poor diet, lack of emoga-3 fatty acids,
        etc. For example, Dr, Barry Sears (originator of "The Zone") reports
        in his new book "The Omega RX Zone" on how researchers (including
        himself) are using high doses (up to 25 grams a day) of
        pharmaceutical-grade fish oil (Omega-3 faty acids) to bring about a
        dramatic improvements in ADD/ADHD symptoms in both children and
        adults. This kind of fish oil, in combination with special diets, is
        also being used to help treat numerous other diseases, including
        heart disease, arthritis, depression, Alzheimer's, and many more. I
        include information about this kind of fish oil on my website.

        Meditation--along with healthy, natural breathing--can be highly
        effective in helping to reduce or alleviate many of the problems
        asscoiated with the excessive stresses of today's high-paced world,
        but if we don't have the basic nutrients that our body requires for
        harmonious internal communication among the cells, organs, glands,
        etc., the common forms of meditation can only take us so far when it
        comes to health problems.

        There are different kinds of meditation, of course, and the kind we
        practice will depend on our aim. Some forms of meditation are
        oriented more toward stress reduction; others are oriented more
        toward being one with "what is." There is overlap, of course, but our
        true intention makes a huge difference.

        The "expanded awareness" that is at the heart of the deepest forms of
        meditation is not a thing among other things. When we truly abide in
        the awareness that we are in our essence, the things that move
        through us no longer have the same power over us--ie, we are no
        longer identified with them; we don't get lost in them. The
        information we receive no longer has the power to disrupt the nervous
        system and throw us off balance. Yes, "disidentification with
        personal doership" is important, but it happens naturally when we
        abide in stillness and welcoming.

        Dennis Lewis
        http://www.authentic-breathing.com

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, freyjartist@a...