Journal Entry-Eve

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 15 1:09 PM
      Date:July 15, 2002
      Time : 6:30am
      Duration: 50 minutes (open)
      Technique: Body and breath awareness
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, hands resting on knees,
      palms up

      Slow start today. I was having trouble staying focused, but
      eventually my concentration got stronger. Started off by chanting OM
      silently, but it seemed like too much effort so I decided to
      visualize Om instead. This helped. As my session progressed, I kept
      my focus most of the time. My back began to hurt a little, but I
      didn't feel like shifting my meditation to a healing visualization,
      so I just ignored the back pain and after I while I didn't notice it
      any more. Longer than normal session today .
    • Tony
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 15, 2002
        Hi Eve,

        The sound you can hear comes up not only during meditation but at any time
        you become present enough to "listen" to yourself.

        I have found I have up to 5 or more different voices depending on the
        situation and my frame of mind. My typical voice is a logical, reasoning
        type of person - a bit like a college professor I think! I sometimes have
        the voice of child-like astonishment. A very long time ago (over 25 years) I
        was very surprised to hear a dark, mysterious, frightening voice telling me
        to stop playing mind games and go to sleep.

        As you get to know your different voices you get a better picture of your
        frame of mind at the time. The next stage might involve switching voices
        when you need a different way of looking at a situation. A further stage
        still might be inventing a new voice to achieve a desired effect. But maybe
        that is going too far in the wrong direction. Keeping it simple might be a
        better approach. If it happens we notice a change in voice at any time we
        can simply take that into account.

        ...Tony