Re: The light from meditation/what we are - are

  • G
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 26 9:21 AM
      PREYONG ARPHORNSUWAN <preyong@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Shanti Om,
      >
      > I agree with you " it is beyond sound and light" and then
      it is impossible to explain it in words. May I learn some
      experience of your meditation also? How do you meditate?
      Where do you reside and learn meditation?

      > Love,
      >
      > Preeyong

      G: whatever is spoken from here comes from that place where
      no within or without remain..... if you are speaking of
      phenomena seen or passed by, why?
      Phenomena is phenomena and not the goal......
      There is a final death which puts an end to all such phenomena
      of risings and fallings.......
      It is this as many buddhist traditions refer to as Original Mind
      which remains..... Once the Void or Nirbana or Nirvana has been
      entered the rest disolves and rises no more...... what remains
      is empty in nature.......
      There comes a time when formal sitting meditation gives way to
      spontaneous and active meditation..... then that also falls away
      as a focus and sahaja or ongoing unhindered medtitation takes
      place ...... even that falls away with Original Mind .... Satoris
      may come and go until the last falling away which leaves in its
      wake Original Mind..... that needs no practice to sustain it .....
      Where was meditation learned ? mostly it came from deep
      within as a response to seeking .... Would have to say if
      classified it would be closest to a Zen tradition of being within
      the moment and simply becoming aware .... This may be done
      either in formal seated meditation to begin with and then expand
      to a living and daily momentary happening.....

      i now live in Seattle washington and spent 5 years in Rishikesh
      India ..... Although i did have a mentoring Guru there was no
      formalized practice given from his side..... but his guidance was
      invaluable to cut through some remaining illusion.....

      shanti om