dandelions Re: Nasrudin finds a way to deal with dissension

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2003
      > > Finally, after sitting in silence for many hours,
      > > the gardener looked at the Mulla and said,
      > > 'Well, since you can't get rid of the dandelions,
      > > perhaps you'd better learn to love them.' 'That's just it,'
      > > said the Mulla, 'I already do.'
      >
      > Nice one, Bob.
      >
      > "Dandelion don't tell no lies,
      > Dandelion will make you wise" ...
      >
      > Was that by the Rolling Stones or Lou Weed?
      >
      > --Dan

      That's a great story, Bob. Thanks!

      The neighbor came over a few days ago and asked me what I was going
      to do about the jungle in my backyard, referring to the area spilling
      out of the ravine that we've let remain wild and bushy. I told him
      we'd be leaving it, that we liked it. He looked at me as though I had
      fallen from mars.

      This is the first year, turn of seasons, with this yard. So, there is
      the continual discovery of something new... wildflower mementos left
      by the previous owner. I convinced John that we didn't need to keep
      mowing the whole yard, that we could leave hillocks of wildflowers
      and bushes. He agreed. A part of me wonders what I'm missing by
      mowing any of the yard at all... but another part is just glad to
      have the jungle.

      Nina