Re: Introduction

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
      Welcome Lady Isa Moon,
      It is great to have someone with such varied interests adding energy
      to this group. I won't just look at you as someone who has experience
      with cancer, but since you have mentioned it, I am very glad that you
      have found meditation beneficial in dealing with it. I have a few
      friends who are in various stages of the healing/therapy process
      right now, and I'm glad to say that all are doing very well. With the
      help of traditional medical therapies and the multitude of
      Alternative Healing methods you are involved in, I'm hoping your
      healing curve will quickly and everafter ascend to and maintain
      perfect health and happiness. We have an article that shares nicely
      about cancer in issue #4 of our newsletter, The Inner Traveler. If
      you would like to check it out,the URL for the issue is:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it40984/index.html
      Also, we have a healing meditation on our web site (actually 8
      different techniques) that you might want to look into. It is #21 in
      the archives section. http://www.meditationsociety.com
      I am not aware of the BS program you are involved in, but I think
      that we will be seeing more and more of this in the near future. I was
      just in email communication with a new Meditation Society of America
      member who is in charge of a hospital based holistic health center in
      a burb of Philly. To quote her..."I...strongly advocate meditation as
      the key component to healing. As I'm sure you're aware, the
      conventional health care system is rather slow in coming around...."
      As a health care professional myself, it is great to see this
      direction starting to be taken in health care. Anyway, I'm glad you
      have joined the group and hope you will be sharing, enjoying, and
      benefiting from it.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose
      Isa Moon <moonwitch2000@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings,
      I am Lady Isa Moon. I am an alternative medicine

    • musicman153 <musicman153@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
        Hello everyone,
        Just introducing myself. user name Musicman, I found the Meditation
        Society page through a link from Yoga Journal,and As I have have no
        money to Join the society I did the next best thing and joined this
        group lol! I have Studied Integral Yoga and meditation, attended
        meditation with A local Buddhist temple and Have a Spiritual website
        http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ulcspirit (hope its ok to list that
        here) that generates no income because everything we have we give
        away free. hopeing to find others here of like mind who are looking
        for Universal Spirituality.
        Om Shanti
        Music
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
          Welcome! I don't know if we have any other Pagans among our members,
          and am glad that we definitly now do. Please know that your input will
          be valued as an (universal) individual, and not just as a sort of
          Magic arts spokesperson. I appreciate and find value in learning of
          all meditative traditions, and hope you will be active in interaction
          here. I wish you well.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
            Thank you for the warm welcome,
            "Pagan" By definiton would be anything other than Christian, jewish
            or Muslim. I personaly In the last few years have Meditated with
            Budhist monks at a local Temple, Attended (and organized) ritual with
            Celtic and wiccan groups, Studied meditation and yoga with teachers
            if Hindu origin and taken part in Gnostic Christian groups.
            I claim no religion as my pursuit is purely "truth" in the nature
            of God and ourselves. The founder of the school of Yoga (Integral
            Yoga) I studied under coined a phrase "One truth, Many Paths". I
            think all religions are (or meant to be) a path to this truth. And
            all encourage meditation as a means of discovering what is real.
            Peace
            Music

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Welcome! I don't know if we have any other Pagans among our
            members,
            > and am glad that we definitly now do. Please know that your input
            will
            > be valued as an (universal) individual, and not just as a sort of
            > Magic arts spokesperson. I appreciate and find value in learning of
            > all meditative traditions, and hope you will be active in
            interaction
            > here. I wish you well.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            > , "musicman153 <musicman153@h...>" <musicman153@h...> wrote:
            > > Hello everyone,
            > > Just introducing myself. user name Musicman, I found the
            Meditation
            > > Society page through a link from Yoga Journal,and As I have have
            no
            > > money to Join the society I did the next best thing and joined
            this
            > > group lol! I have Studied Integral Yoga and meditation, attended
            > > meditation with A local Buddhist temple and Have a Spiritual
            > website
            > > http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ulcspirit (hope its ok to list that
            > > here) that generates no income because everything we have we
            give
            > > away free. hopeing to find others here of like mind who are
            looking
            > > for Universal Spirituality.
            > > Om Shanti
            > > Music
          • Christy Putnam
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
              Hey there everyone! My name is Christy and I am a new member to the (group/site) so I thought I'd introduce myself... I'm a 33 yr old, wife and mother of 2 boys in Oklahoma and I love to learn everything I can get my hands on about health, parenting, and life in general.  I personally feel that if one stops learning, one stops living. I'm hoping I can find some good information here so I can learn more and better meditation techniques.  I tend to have a hard time quieting my mind and therefore making time for meditation.   I'd also like to meet some like-minded people. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day!
              Christy Putnam
              Discover a way to increase your health and/or income!

            • JC
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2006
                Hi Bob,

                Thanks for the info about Time Magazine!  I do not think I have introduced myself.  My name is Jason and have been a meditator for several years.  Lately I have been moving towards a spiritual but not religious stance in my path.  I am encouraged to find a group simply devoted to meditation.  Thanks for the great website also.

                Jason