Introduction

  • Isa Moon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2002
      Greetings,

      I am Lady Isa Moon. I am an alternative medicine
      practitioner specializing in Reiki, Past Life
      Regressions, Crystal Healing, Aromatherapy,
      Meditation, and much much more. I will be recieving a
      BS degree in MindBody medicine this December.

      I started sitting regularly around age 10, and became
      quite dependent on it after a bout with cancer in
      1999. I find it a wonderful tool for healing!

      Isa Moon

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
        Welcome Lady Isa Moon,
        It is great to have someone with such varied interests adding energy
        to this group. I won't just look at you as someone who has experience
        with cancer, but since you have mentioned it, I am very glad that you
        have found meditation beneficial in dealing with it. I have a few
        friends who are in various stages of the healing/therapy process
        right now, and I'm glad to say that all are doing very well. With the
        help of traditional medical therapies and the multitude of
        Alternative Healing methods you are involved in, I'm hoping your
        healing curve will quickly and everafter ascend to and maintain
        perfect health and happiness. We have an article that shares nicely
        about cancer in issue #4 of our newsletter, The Inner Traveler. If
        you would like to check it out,the URL for the issue is:
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/it40984/index.html
        Also, we have a healing meditation on our web site (actually 8
        different techniques) that you might want to look into. It is #21 in
        the archives section. http://www.meditationsociety.com
        I am not aware of the BS program you are involved in, but I think
        that we will be seeing more and more of this in the near future. I was
        just in email communication with a new Meditation Society of America
        member who is in charge of a hospital based holistic health center in
        a burb of Philly. To quote her..."I...strongly advocate meditation as
        the key component to healing. As I'm sure you're aware, the
        conventional health care system is rather slow in coming around...."
        As a health care professional myself, it is great to see this
        direction starting to be taken in health care. Anyway, I'm glad you
        have joined the group and hope you will be sharing, enjoying, and
        benefiting from it.
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose

      • musicman153 <musicman153@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
          Hello everyone,
          Just introducing myself. user name Musicman, I found the Meditation
          Society page through a link from Yoga Journal,and As I have have no
          money to Join the society I did the next best thing and joined this
          group lol! I have Studied Integral Yoga and meditation, attended
          meditation with A local Buddhist temple and Have a Spiritual website
          http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ulcspirit (hope its ok to list that
          here) that generates no income because everything we have we give
          away free. hopeing to find others here of like mind who are looking
          for Universal Spirituality.
          Om Shanti
          Music
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
            Welcome! I don't know if we have any other Pagans among our members,
            and am glad that we definitly now do. Please know that your input will
            be valued as an (universal) individual, and not just as a sort of
            Magic arts spokesperson. I appreciate and find value in learning of
            all meditative traditions, and hope you will be active in interaction
            here. I wish you well.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
              Thank you for the warm welcome,
              "Pagan" By definiton would be anything other than Christian, jewish
              or Muslim. I personaly In the last few years have Meditated with
              Budhist monks at a local Temple, Attended (and organized) ritual with
              Celtic and wiccan groups, Studied meditation and yoga with teachers
              if Hindu origin and taken part in Gnostic Christian groups.
              I claim no religion as my pursuit is purely "truth" in the nature
              of God and ourselves. The founder of the school of Yoga (Integral
              Yoga) I studied under coined a phrase "One truth, Many Paths". I
              think all religions are (or meant to be) a path to this truth. And
              all encourage meditation as a means of discovering what is real.
              Peace
              Music

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Welcome! I don't know if we have any other Pagans among our
              members,
              > and am glad that we definitly now do. Please know that your input
              will
              > be valued as an (universal) individual, and not just as a sort of
              > Magic arts spokesperson. I appreciate and find value in learning of
              > all meditative traditions, and hope you will be active in
              interaction
              > here. I wish you well.
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob
              > , "musicman153 <musicman153@h...>" <musicman153@h...> wrote:
              > > Hello everyone,
              > > Just introducing myself. user name Musicman, I found the
              Meditation
              > > Society page through a link from Yoga Journal,and As I have have
              no
              > > money to Join the society I did the next best thing and joined
              this
              > > group lol! I have Studied Integral Yoga and meditation, attended
              > > meditation with A local Buddhist temple and Have a Spiritual
              > website
              > > http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ulcspirit (hope its ok to list that
              > > here) that generates no income because everything we have we
              give
              > > away free. hopeing to find others here of like mind who are
              looking
              > > for Universal Spirituality.
              > > Om Shanti
              > > Music
            • Christy Putnam
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31 12:21 PM
                Hey there everyone! My name is Christy and I am a new member to the (group/site) so I thought I'd introduce myself... I'm a 33 yr old, wife and mother of 2 boys in Oklahoma and I love to learn everything I can get my hands on about health, parenting, and life in general.  I personally feel that if one stops learning, one stops living. I'm hoping I can find some good information here so I can learn more and better meditation techniques.  I tend to have a hard time quieting my mind and therefore making time for meditation.   I'd also like to meet some like-minded people. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day!
                Christy Putnam
                Discover a way to increase your health and/or income!

              • JC
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 15, 2006
                  Hi Bob,

                  Thanks for the info about Time Magazine!  I do not think I have introduced myself.  My name is Jason and have been a meditator for several years.  Lately I have been moving towards a spiritual but not religious stance in my path.  I am encouraged to find a group simply devoted to meditation.  Thanks for the great website also.

                  Jason