Journal Entry - Jul 07 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2002
      Posting your meditation journal here is an excellent opportunity to share your meditation experience so others can learn from your insights and reflect on their own practice. You will find that posting a journal is a good motivator for regular, progressive meditation. Please use any format you wish. Feel free to ask questions in your post, respond to questions in other posts and comment on any aspect of each entry. While meditating, be careful to avoid a mind commentary that anticipates posting a journal entry as this can distract from your meditation session. Avoid judging your sessions based on what you read posted by others.

      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: July 07
      Variation: Focus on breath
      Time: 06:25 a.m.
      Duration: 73 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: 3 - 6 (some induced).
      Experience: Interesting session.

      Notes: Started session with similar high background noise to yesterday. Today it felt less unusual as if I had adjusted to it being present. Went through normal meditation session, but with background noise numbing usual sensitivity. Experienced a few long waves of bliss. Surprisingly the second one cleared the background sounds and I was back to a normal session with some very good waves. I tried to feel or sense (no thinking) the source or cause of the background sounds. I got an image of a thick industrial glove. I interpreted this as the background sounds being some kind of insulation that was protecting me in some way.

      When I ended the session rather than removing my ear plugs and writing my journal, I decided to lie on my bed for a few minutes. After a while I felt something gathering inside me like two small whirling bolts of electricity that were sort of buzzing gently. It felt as if it was moving around inside me but would only become strong and loud when they passed through my brain. Is this chi? I had no control over the bolts, which seemed to be slowly darting around my body in a sort of random fashion. They left and came back almost randomly. I tried to control them but could not. When I got up and took my ear plugs out they vanished.

      Questions: Does this sound like chi to anyone? Why did it come when I lay down and not while I was sitting in meditation? Is it safe to experience this?

    • gangak000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@l...>

        *** Questions: Does this sound like chi to anyone? Why did it
        come when I lay down and not while I was sitting in meditation?
        Is it safe to experience this?

        G: indeed that would be a moving energy or chi..... anytime
        you are engaged in meditation or the spiritual search....
        if you are connecting with an awakened teacher there is
        the chance that chi will happen..... also a chance that a
        spontenous kundalini awakening may occur..... if you
        maintain a balanced practice and stay in contact with a
        kundalini completed master and do not rush ahead of
        yourself it will be fine.... Once again do not chase after
        the rising phenomena..... see that it is part of the transient
        play alone.....

        Love shanti om ...g...