Re: Journal Entry - tosime

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 99 , Jul 6, 2002
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@l...> wrote:
      > Questions: Does anyone have an explanation for the unusual sounds
      today?

      Hi Tony,
      Perhaps the unusual sounds today were because you were excited to
      practice the inner sounds technique Bob had suggested, so you had
      expectations and were thus disappointed.
      In my own experince I have found that if I go into meditation
      expecting a particular outcome or experience, it never "works".
      Sounds like you had a good session.

      Eve
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29 11:37 AM
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....