Journal Entry - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Jul 4, 2002
      Posting your meditation journal here is an excellent opportunity to share your meditation experience so others can learn from your insights and reflect on their own practice. You will find that posting a journal is a good motivator for regular, progressive meditation. Please use any format you wish. Feel free to ask questions in your post, respond to questions in other posts and comment on any aspect of each entry. While meditating, be careful to avoid a mind commentary that anticipates posting a journal entry as this can distract from your meditation session. Avoid judging your sessions based on what you read posted by others.

      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: July 04
      Variation: Focus on breath
      Time: 08:50 a.m.
      Duration: 38 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None that I remember
      Experience: Very good session.

      Notes: Simple, efficient session. Started late so I had to reduce the normal length.

      Insight: As a continuation of yesterday's session I had a new appreciation of how all the things we do live on in us and others for many many years. I used to think these things were static, like a memory remains fixed. I now appreciate that they almost have lives of their own and weave patterns in our lives. I was almost in tears as I recalled some things my mother did over 30 years ago and how they live on in the lives of a number of people.

      Questions: None today.

    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....