Re: Journal Entry (eveneon)

  • gangak000
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 3, 2002
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Something different occurred today. Usually, with my eyes
      closed, I
      > just see blackness. But about 15 minutes into my session I
      started to
      > see little light pixels mixed in with the black. Like white noise,
      > similar to what I see when I first come out of meditation. This
      > became my anchor or focus. I'm thinking it has always been
      there but
      > I just never noticed it before. I was enjoying my meditation very
      > much...
      >
      > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!

      G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......

      word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
      along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until you reach
      the Source from which all proceeds from.....

      shanti om ...g...
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 4, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "gangak000"
        <crystalkundalini@h...> wrote:
        > > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!
        >
        > G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......
        >
        > word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
        > along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until
        you reach
        > the Source from which all proceeds from.....
        >
        > shanti om ...g...

        No chasing here. Just observing.

        Eve
      • eveneon
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 6, 2002
          Date: July 6, 2002
          Time: 8:00am
          Duration: 35 minutes open
          Technique: Body and breath awareness
          Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, index finger touching thumb,
          palms up

          Today my concentration seemed to be stronger at the beginning of my
          session rather than the end. Mind chatter was moderate. I had a few
          ideas come to me for projects I have been working on. I was able to
          let them go and trust that I would remember them after my meditation
          (which I did). Although I wasn't thinking about these ideas that had
          come to me, I guess the excitement of this kicked up the mind
          chatter. It was a little harder to concentrate after this happened. I
          felt relaxed and calm at the end of my session. Only noticed mild
          back pain a couple times.
        • eveneon
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
            Date: July 8, 2002
            Time: 8:30am
            Duration: 15 minutes
            Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms up, index finger
            touching thumb
            Technique: Body and breath awareness

            Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not sure
            why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like my
            lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open my
            mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy nose
            so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
            session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
            unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
            not to try and continue.
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
              eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not
              sure why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like
              my lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open
              my mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy
              nose so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
              session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
              unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
              not to try and continue.
              Comment: Dear Eve, Have you heard that we are experiencing an air
              quality problem in our area (N.E. America)? This is caused by what
              must be an enormous fire in Ontario, Canada. Bette, who has asthma,
              had trouble this morning just walking the 30 or so feet to her car.
              As you know, I usually feel that "failed" meditation sessions have
              the best potential to learn from, but in this case, I can't even
              recommend taking a deep breath and calming down. You'd probably pass
              out. BTW, have you tried any healing techniques for your back
              problems?
            • eveneon
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                Hi Bob. I did hear about the fires but didn't think that it could
                effect me. However, after watching the news this morning I realised
                that it could be a problem when they said that there was a smoke
                advisory today. It's pretty wild that a fire so far away could effect
                us down here.
                I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I figured
                that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have it, that
                it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to trying
                something though. I might be nice to have something to shift my
                meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend something
                to try?
                Thanks,
                Eve

                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                  Eve wrote:
                  > I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I
                  figured that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have
                  it, that it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to
                  trying something though. It might be nice to have something to shift
                  my meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend
                  something to try?
                  Thanks, Eve
                  Dear Eve,
                  At one time, my first impulse would have been to say "Baily's Irish
                  Cream", but that's just the eternal teen-ager in me looking for
                  acceptance through being funny. Now, all grown up (or down, depending
                  on your viewpoint), I'm going to suggest checking out the healing
                  techniques on our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
                  BTW, this is the 2nd time in 24 hours I've suggested this, so I
                  expect doing it again very soon - or is this just an example of
                  holding on to folk lore and treating it as truth. Nah, not in this
                  case. Everybody knows that it's scientific fact that things happen in
                  3's. Oops - there goes that teenager again. Seriously, I hope that
                  you have learned all you need to from the back pain, and that one of
                  the methods discussed on the site, or something else, helps effect a
                  complete relief of your discomfort. After all, the Eagles training
                  camp opens in 18 days, and we all need to give football our complete
                  attention thereafter. Hey - how about that. The teenager came out 3
                  times. Yep - scientific proof if I ever saw it!
                • eveneon
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                    Thanks Bob. I checked out the healing meditaions and will try them
                    next time my back pain kicks in. Interestly, I had no back pain today.
                    Eve

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                      Date: July 9, 2002
                      Time: 8:20am
                      Duration: 45minutes (open)
                      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms facing up resting on
                      knees
                      Technique: Body and breath awareness

                      Very good concentration today. I was able to stay focused almost
                      continuously. I really had no back pain today except for a moment or
                      two of noticing a mild discomfort, which quickly passed. But I did
                      however also notice some mild discomfort in my jaw. Not enough to
                      distract me. Today's session seemed to have a different quality to
                      it, but I don't think I can describe it. I can only say it seemed to
                      be more of a watching or "witnessing" of my thoughts. I meditated in
                      a different room and facing a different direction. I don't know if
                      this had an influence or not. Possible I suppose. Longer than normal
                      session today. Very calm and relaxed afterward.
                    • eveneon
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                        Date: July 10, 2002
                        Time: 8:20am
                        Duration: 40 minutes (open)
                        Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms on knees facing up
                        Technique: Body and breath awareness

                        Not much to say about today's session other than it was similar to
                        yesterdays. My concentration was not quite as strong, but still good.
                        Seemed to be weaker towards the end. No back or body pain of any kind
                        today.

                        Insights: Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                        physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                        In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                        much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all temporary.
                        Just witness.
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                          Eve wrote:
                          Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                          physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                          In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                          much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all
                          temporary.
                          Just witness.
                          Comment: Sometimes wisdom floats by. This is a great example. Thanks!
                        • eveneon
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 11, 2002
                            Date: July 11, 2002
                            Time: 8:40
                            Duration: 40 minutes
                            Position: sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms resting on knees
                            facing up
                            Technique: Breath and body awareness

                            Today was all about body awareness. I started my session the same way
                            I usually do, scanning my body for tension then focusing on the sound
                            and feeling of my breath. I was finding it difficult to concentrate
                            and noticed some back pain starting to build so I decided to try some
                            healing visualization techniques. I focused on drawing healing energy
                            (represented by an iridescent purple/pink/bluish color). I imagined
                            bringing this in through my breath and my arms, legs, and head. I
                            would hold this energy in my body and see it moving around, and then
                            I would exhale the painful energy (represented by the color red) I
                            did this for a while I noticed where tension was coming up in my
                            body. My back pain never left completely, but it changed intensity
                            and certain times. I was feeling the need to stretch and was starting
                            to feel a little warm. I just sat with this until I felt it was time
                            to stop. My concentration seemed to get stronger as my session
                            progressed. I felt a little achy when I woke up this morning and I
                            still feel a little achy after meditating. I don't know if this
                            visualization helped my pain or not, but it gave me something to
                            focus on, helping me to concentrate a little more.