Indigo Children...- Lesley

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hi Lesly,

      This is a difficult post to respond to without more information. However my intuitive reading is that many people know how to play to people's ego - their need to be special, to be recognized etc. The conflict you feel could be your ego's need to identify with "Indigo Children" and your inner self that sees through the whole story.

      I think there are many examples of such "stories". Many groups are formed around such beliefs.

      ...Tony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
        Tony,

        Thank you for your honesty.

        The part in your post about groups forming around beliefs really
        crystalized one feeling I had. I discovered this book while doing
        research on my dd.

        Anyway, I discovered the book while reading about PG kids. There is
        a group (or more) that links informally, or formally, I'm not sure
        which, Indigo Children and PG'ness. It bothers me that some
        children, as a result of this book, may be pressured into beliefs,
        fields, ideas of themselves that is premature or inappropriate. It
        is a heavy burden to place on a six year old when a parent or
        trusted adult tells that child that s/he is a harbinger of the
        future. It seems to border on worship of the indigo children.
        Children should be allowed to grow where they are planted. Give that
        child every opportunity to reach his/her full potential, but it is
        unnecessary to pressure children like that. Additionally, it has
        been proposed that there are many more PG kids being born now than
        in the past. I'm not sure if that is true or if that testing for
        ADHD has uncovered many who are misbehaving due to boredom, not
        neurological issues.

        I had forgotten that connection as it had been some time between
        initial discovery and rental from the library. I suppose I came to
        the book with preconceived notions. It helped me sort out my
        feelings about the book to discover this train of thought.

        Lesley

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2002
          Hi Lesely,

          I live in Lagos Nigeria so I am not too familiar with some of your abbreviations. Could you expand them for me?

          1) dd
          2) PG Kids
          3) ADHD

          Thanks...Tony

          PS - I am touched by your openness, it is a lesson for us all.
          The part in your post about groups forming around beliefs really
          crystalized one feeling I had. I discovered this book while doing
          research on my dd.

          Anyway, I discovered the book while reading about PG kids. There is
          a group (or more) that links informally, or formally, I'm not sure
          which, Indigo Children and PG'ness. It bothers me that some
          children, as a result of this book, may be pressured into beliefs,
          fields, ideas of themselves that is premature or inappropriate. It
          is a heavy burden to place on a six year old when a parent or
          trusted adult tells that child that s/he is a harbinger of the
          future. It seems to border on worship of the indigo children.
          Children should be allowed to grow where they are planted. Give that
          child every opportunity to reach his/her full potential, but it is
          unnecessary to pressure children like that. Additionally, it has
          been proposed that there are many more PG kids being born now than
          in the past. I'm not sure if that is true or if that testing for
          ADHD has uncovered many who are misbehaving due to boredom, not
          neurological issues.

          I had forgotten that connection as it had been some time between
          initial discovery and rental from the library. I suppose I came to
          the book with preconceived notions. It helped me sort out my
          feelings about the book to discover this train of thought.

          Lesley

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@l...> wrote:

          > Hi Lesly,
          >
          > This is a difficult post to respond to without more information.
          However my intuitive reading is that many people know how to play to
          people's ego - their need to be special, to be recognized etc. The
          conflict you feel could be your ego's need to identify with "Indigo
          Children" and your inner self that sees through the whole story.

          > I think there are many examples of such "stories". Many groups are
          formed around such beliefs.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • lesley_j2001
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2002