Journal Entry

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 3, 2002
      Date :July3
      Time: 6:30am
      Duration: 30 minutes
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms up
      Technique: Body and breath awareness

      Hard to concentrate today. A lot of mind chatter. I didn't sleep well
      last night and I think this has something to do with it. It is also
      very hot and humid in my house making it extremely uncomfortable.
      Mild back pain.
    • gangak000
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 3, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Something different occurred today. Usually, with my eyes
        closed, I
        > just see blackness. But about 15 minutes into my session I
        started to
        > see little light pixels mixed in with the black. Like white noise,
        > similar to what I see when I first come out of meditation. This
        > became my anchor or focus. I'm thinking it has always been
        there but
        > I just never noticed it before. I was enjoying my meditation very
        > much...
        >
        > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!

        G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......

        word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
        along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until you reach
        the Source from which all proceeds from.....

        shanti om ...g...
      • eveneon
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 4, 2002
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "gangak000"
          <crystalkundalini@h...> wrote:
          > > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!
          >
          > G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......
          >
          > word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
          > along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until
          you reach
          > the Source from which all proceeds from.....
          >
          > shanti om ...g...

          No chasing here. Just observing.

          Eve
        • eveneon
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 6, 2002
            Date: July 6, 2002
            Time: 8:00am
            Duration: 35 minutes open
            Technique: Body and breath awareness
            Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, index finger touching thumb,
            palms up

            Today my concentration seemed to be stronger at the beginning of my
            session rather than the end. Mind chatter was moderate. I had a few
            ideas come to me for projects I have been working on. I was able to
            let them go and trust that I would remember them after my meditation
            (which I did). Although I wasn't thinking about these ideas that had
            come to me, I guess the excitement of this kicked up the mind
            chatter. It was a little harder to concentrate after this happened. I
            felt relaxed and calm at the end of my session. Only noticed mild
            back pain a couple times.
          • eveneon
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
              Date: July 8, 2002
              Time: 8:30am
              Duration: 15 minutes
              Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms up, index finger
              touching thumb
              Technique: Body and breath awareness

              Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not sure
              why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like my
              lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open my
              mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy nose
              so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
              session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
              unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
              not to try and continue.
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not
                sure why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like
                my lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open
                my mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy
                nose so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
                session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
                unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
                not to try and continue.
                Comment: Dear Eve, Have you heard that we are experiencing an air
                quality problem in our area (N.E. America)? This is caused by what
                must be an enormous fire in Ontario, Canada. Bette, who has asthma,
                had trouble this morning just walking the 30 or so feet to her car.
                As you know, I usually feel that "failed" meditation sessions have
                the best potential to learn from, but in this case, I can't even
                recommend taking a deep breath and calming down. You'd probably pass
                out. BTW, have you tried any healing techniques for your back
                problems?
              • eveneon
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                  Hi Bob. I did hear about the fires but didn't think that it could
                  effect me. However, after watching the news this morning I realised
                  that it could be a problem when they said that there was a smoke
                  advisory today. It's pretty wild that a fire so far away could effect
                  us down here.
                  I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I figured
                  that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have it, that
                  it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to trying
                  something though. I might be nice to have something to shift my
                  meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend something
                  to try?
                  Thanks,
                  Eve

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                    Eve wrote:
                    > I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I
                    figured that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have
                    it, that it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to
                    trying something though. It might be nice to have something to shift
                    my meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend
                    something to try?
                    Thanks, Eve
                    Dear Eve,
                    At one time, my first impulse would have been to say "Baily's Irish
                    Cream", but that's just the eternal teen-ager in me looking for
                    acceptance through being funny. Now, all grown up (or down, depending
                    on your viewpoint), I'm going to suggest checking out the healing
                    techniques on our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
                    BTW, this is the 2nd time in 24 hours I've suggested this, so I
                    expect doing it again very soon - or is this just an example of
                    holding on to folk lore and treating it as truth. Nah, not in this
                    case. Everybody knows that it's scientific fact that things happen in
                    3's. Oops - there goes that teenager again. Seriously, I hope that
                    you have learned all you need to from the back pain, and that one of
                    the methods discussed on the site, or something else, helps effect a
                    complete relief of your discomfort. After all, the Eagles training
                    camp opens in 18 days, and we all need to give football our complete
                    attention thereafter. Hey - how about that. The teenager came out 3
                    times. Yep - scientific proof if I ever saw it!
                  • eveneon
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                      Thanks Bob. I checked out the healing meditaions and will try them
                      next time my back pain kicks in. Interestly, I had no back pain today.
                      Eve

                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                        Date: July 9, 2002
                        Time: 8:20am
                        Duration: 45minutes (open)
                        Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms facing up resting on
                        knees
                        Technique: Body and breath awareness

                        Very good concentration today. I was able to stay focused almost
                        continuously. I really had no back pain today except for a moment or
                        two of noticing a mild discomfort, which quickly passed. But I did
                        however also notice some mild discomfort in my jaw. Not enough to
                        distract me. Today's session seemed to have a different quality to
                        it, but I don't think I can describe it. I can only say it seemed to
                        be more of a watching or "witnessing" of my thoughts. I meditated in
                        a different room and facing a different direction. I don't know if
                        this had an influence or not. Possible I suppose. Longer than normal
                        session today. Very calm and relaxed afterward.
                      • eveneon
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                          Date: July 10, 2002
                          Time: 8:20am
                          Duration: 40 minutes (open)
                          Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms on knees facing up
                          Technique: Body and breath awareness

                          Not much to say about today's session other than it was similar to
                          yesterdays. My concentration was not quite as strong, but still good.
                          Seemed to be weaker towards the end. No back or body pain of any kind
                          today.

                          Insights: Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                          physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                          In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                          much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all temporary.
                          Just witness.
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                            Eve wrote:
                            Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                            physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                            In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                            much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all
                            temporary.
                            Just witness.
                            Comment: Sometimes wisdom floats by. This is a great example. Thanks!
                          • eveneon
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 11, 2002
                              Date: July 11, 2002
                              Time: 8:40
                              Duration: 40 minutes
                              Position: sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms resting on knees
                              facing up
                              Technique: Breath and body awareness

                              Today was all about body awareness. I started my session the same way
                              I usually do, scanning my body for tension then focusing on the sound
                              and feeling of my breath. I was finding it difficult to concentrate
                              and noticed some back pain starting to build so I decided to try some
                              healing visualization techniques. I focused on drawing healing energy
                              (represented by an iridescent purple/pink/bluish color). I imagined
                              bringing this in through my breath and my arms, legs, and head. I
                              would hold this energy in my body and see it moving around, and then
                              I would exhale the painful energy (represented by the color red) I
                              did this for a while I noticed where tension was coming up in my
                              body. My back pain never left completely, but it changed intensity
                              and certain times. I was feeling the need to stretch and was starting
                              to feel a little warm. I just sat with this until I felt it was time
                              to stop. My concentration seemed to get stronger as my session
                              progressed. I felt a little achy when I woke up this morning and I
                              still feel a little achy after meditating. I don't know if this
                              visualization helped my pain or not, but it gave me something to
                              focus on, helping me to concentrate a little more.