Sandeep wrote...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      Sandeep wrote in 2 posts:
      Wonder why is this List called Meditationsocietyofamerica?
      No other geographical location accepted or allowed?
      Wonder, in the sharing and the doing of meditation techniques
      and concepts, what is the objective?

      Is there a "best time" for meditation?
      Or is it about the advent of an existing in a meditative space, which
      IS, irrespective of whether one is driving down an interstate or
      figuratively kicking some butt, or sitting in zazen?

      Wonder that which depends on my doing or not doing, is it of any
      worth?

      New kid, just trying to fit in.........

      Zip-A-Dee-Dah-Doo
      Dear Sandeep,
      We named this list Meditationsocietyofamerica because it serves as
      the message board for the Meditation Society of America. This group,
      our classes, The Inner Traveler newsletter (sample issue is at
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html ), our web site,
      Meditation Station (15,000 - 20,000 "hits" daily
      http://www.meditationsociety.com ), are some of our humble efforts to
      share meditation concepts and techniques without any cult or
      religious obligations attached. This is getting to be harder and
      harder to find. We have as an aim, to make this knowledge very easily
      accessible . Perhaps we can look at meditation as a seeding of the
      garden, that when in full bloom, will lead to the "advent of an
      existing in a meditative space, which IS, irrespective of whether one
      is driving down an interstate or figuratively kicking some butt, or
      sitting in zazen?" You have asked a wonderful Jnana yoga-ish
      question, well worth meditating on: "Wonder that which depends on my
      doing or not doing, is it of any worth?" Just to be able to point to
      this is a great blessing. I'm presuming that this was written/typed
      in India, and thus answers the question about "geographical location
      accepted or allowed". Also, and not unimportantly, sharing this stuff
      is, as the hip-hop kids say, way cool.