Re: Journal Entry

    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 2, 2002
      eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      Something different occurred today. Usually, with my eyes closed, I
      just see blackness. But about 15 minutes into my session I started to
      see little light pixels mixed in with the black. Like white noise,
      similar to what I see when I first come out of meditation. This
      became my anchor or focus. I'm thinking it has always been there but
      I just never noticed it before. I was enjoying my meditation very
      much...

      Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 3, 2002
        Date :July3
        Time: 6:30am
        Duration: 30 minutes
        Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms up
        Technique: Body and breath awareness

        Hard to concentrate today. A lot of mind chatter. I didn't sleep well
        last night and I think this has something to do with it. It is also
        very hot and humid in my house making it extremely uncomfortable.
        Mild back pain.
      • gangak000
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 3, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Something different occurred today. Usually, with my eyes
          closed, I
          > just see blackness. But about 15 minutes into my session I
          started to
          > see little light pixels mixed in with the black. Like white noise,
          > similar to what I see when I first come out of meditation. This
          > became my anchor or focus. I'm thinking it has always been
          there but
          > I just never noticed it before. I was enjoying my meditation very
          > much...
          >
          > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!

          G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......

          word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
          along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until you reach
          the Source from which all proceeds from.....

          shanti om ...g...
        • eveneon
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 4, 2002
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "gangak000"
            <crystalkundalini@h...> wrote:
            > > Comment: Warning! Warning! 3rd Eye opening! Maya beware!!!
            >
            > G: hahahhahaha nope warning warning maya extended......
            >
            > word to the wise do not chase after the rising phenomena
            > along the way..... that is not It.... continue on..... until
            you reach
            > the Source from which all proceeds from.....
            >
            > shanti om ...g...

            No chasing here. Just observing.

            Eve
          • eveneon
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 6, 2002
              Date: July 6, 2002
              Time: 8:00am
              Duration: 35 minutes open
              Technique: Body and breath awareness
              Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, index finger touching thumb,
              palms up

              Today my concentration seemed to be stronger at the beginning of my
              session rather than the end. Mind chatter was moderate. I had a few
              ideas come to me for projects I have been working on. I was able to
              let them go and trust that I would remember them after my meditation
              (which I did). Although I wasn't thinking about these ideas that had
              come to me, I guess the excitement of this kicked up the mind
              chatter. It was a little harder to concentrate after this happened. I
              felt relaxed and calm at the end of my session. Only noticed mild
              back pain a couple times.
            • eveneon
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                Date: July 8, 2002
                Time: 8:30am
                Duration: 15 minutes
                Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms up, index finger
                touching thumb
                Technique: Body and breath awareness

                Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not sure
                why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like my
                lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open my
                mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy nose
                so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
                session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
                unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
                not to try and continue.
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                  eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Very hard to concentrate today. Could not stay focused. I'm not
                  sure why, but I was finding it difficult to breathe today. It was like
                  my lungs were never quite full of air, and a few times I had to open
                  my mouth to draw in as much air as I could. I don't have a stuffy
                  nose so I'm not sure what that is all about. About 10 minutes into my
                  session I noticed my back pain, which gradually grew worse. I
                  unconsciously came out of my session after fifteen minutes. Decided
                  not to try and continue.
                  Comment: Dear Eve, Have you heard that we are experiencing an air
                  quality problem in our area (N.E. America)? This is caused by what
                  must be an enormous fire in Ontario, Canada. Bette, who has asthma,
                  had trouble this morning just walking the 30 or so feet to her car.
                  As you know, I usually feel that "failed" meditation sessions have
                  the best potential to learn from, but in this case, I can't even
                  recommend taking a deep breath and calming down. You'd probably pass
                  out. BTW, have you tried any healing techniques for your back
                  problems?
                • eveneon
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                    Hi Bob. I did hear about the fires but didn't think that it could
                    effect me. However, after watching the news this morning I realised
                    that it could be a problem when they said that there was a smoke
                    advisory today. It's pretty wild that a fire so far away could effect
                    us down here.
                    I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I figured
                    that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have it, that
                    it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to trying
                    something though. I might be nice to have something to shift my
                    meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend something
                    to try?
                    Thanks,
                    Eve

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 8, 2002
                      Eve wrote:
                      > I have not done any healing techniques for my back. I guess I
                      figured that since the pain comes and goes and I don't always have
                      it, that it would just eventually stop on it's own. I am open to
                      trying something though. It might be nice to have something to shift
                      my meditation to when my back pain kicks in. Can you recommend
                      something to try?
                      Thanks, Eve
                      Dear Eve,
                      At one time, my first impulse would have been to say "Baily's Irish
                      Cream", but that's just the eternal teen-ager in me looking for
                      acceptance through being funny. Now, all grown up (or down, depending
                      on your viewpoint), I'm going to suggest checking out the healing
                      techniques on our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
                      BTW, this is the 2nd time in 24 hours I've suggested this, so I
                      expect doing it again very soon - or is this just an example of
                      holding on to folk lore and treating it as truth. Nah, not in this
                      case. Everybody knows that it's scientific fact that things happen in
                      3's. Oops - there goes that teenager again. Seriously, I hope that
                      you have learned all you need to from the back pain, and that one of
                      the methods discussed on the site, or something else, helps effect a
                      complete relief of your discomfort. After all, the Eagles training
                      camp opens in 18 days, and we all need to give football our complete
                      attention thereafter. Hey - how about that. The teenager came out 3
                      times. Yep - scientific proof if I ever saw it!
                    • eveneon
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                        Thanks Bob. I checked out the healing meditaions and will try them
                        next time my back pain kicks in. Interestly, I had no back pain today.
                        Eve

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 9, 2002
                          Date: July 9, 2002
                          Time: 8:20am
                          Duration: 45minutes (open)
                          Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms facing up resting on
                          knees
                          Technique: Body and breath awareness

                          Very good concentration today. I was able to stay focused almost
                          continuously. I really had no back pain today except for a moment or
                          two of noticing a mild discomfort, which quickly passed. But I did
                          however also notice some mild discomfort in my jaw. Not enough to
                          distract me. Today's session seemed to have a different quality to
                          it, but I don't think I can describe it. I can only say it seemed to
                          be more of a watching or "witnessing" of my thoughts. I meditated in
                          a different room and facing a different direction. I don't know if
                          this had an influence or not. Possible I suppose. Longer than normal
                          session today. Very calm and relaxed afterward.
                        • eveneon
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                            Date: July 10, 2002
                            Time: 8:20am
                            Duration: 40 minutes (open)
                            Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms on knees facing up
                            Technique: Body and breath awareness

                            Not much to say about today's session other than it was similar to
                            yesterdays. My concentration was not quite as strong, but still good.
                            Seemed to be weaker towards the end. No back or body pain of any kind
                            today.

                            Insights: Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                            physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                            In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                            much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all temporary.
                            Just witness.
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 10, 2002
                              Eve wrote:
                              Meditation is much like everyday life. Thoughts, feelings,
                              physical sensations are all fluid in meditation. They just float by.
                              In life, situations, relationships, and experience all float by in
                              much the same the way. You can hold onto nothing. It's all
                              temporary.
                              Just witness.
                              Comment: Sometimes wisdom floats by. This is a great example. Thanks!
                            • eveneon
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 11, 2002
                                Date: July 11, 2002
                                Time: 8:40
                                Duration: 40 minutes
                                Position: sitting in chair, eyes closed, palms resting on knees
                                facing up
                                Technique: Breath and body awareness

                                Today was all about body awareness. I started my session the same way
                                I usually do, scanning my body for tension then focusing on the sound
                                and feeling of my breath. I was finding it difficult to concentrate
                                and noticed some back pain starting to build so I decided to try some
                                healing visualization techniques. I focused on drawing healing energy
                                (represented by an iridescent purple/pink/bluish color). I imagined
                                bringing this in through my breath and my arms, legs, and head. I
                                would hold this energy in my body and see it moving around, and then
                                I would exhale the painful energy (represented by the color red) I
                                did this for a while I noticed where tension was coming up in my
                                body. My back pain never left completely, but it changed intensity
                                and certain times. I was feeling the need to stretch and was starting
                                to feel a little warm. I just sat with this until I felt it was time
                                to stop. My concentration seemed to get stronger as my session
                                progressed. I felt a little achy when I woke up this morning and I
                                still feel a little achy after meditating. I don't know if this
                                visualization helped my pain or not, but it gave me something to
                                focus on, helping me to concentrate a little more.