Journal Entry - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Jul 2, 2002
      Posting your meditation journal here is an excellent opportunity to share
      your meditation experience so others can learn from your insights and
      reflect on their own practice. You will find that posting a journal is a
      good motivator for regular, progressive meditation. Please use any format
      you wish. Feel free to ask questions in your post, respond to questions in
      other posts and comment on any aspect of each entry. While meditating, be
      careful to avoid a mind commentary that anticipates posting a journal entry
      as this can distract from your meditation session. Avoid judging your
      sessions based on what you read posted by others.

      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: July 02
      Variation: Focus on breath
      Time: 08:15 a.m.
      Duration: 72 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Mind Chatter: Low.
      Waves of bliss: 2-4 light waves (not induced).
      Experience: Good session.

      Notes: Uneventful session on the surface. Low mind chatter. Relaxing.
      Applied new techniques effectively. Went quite deep. Surprisingly long
      session considering so little surface activity.

      Occasional mind chatter included a humorous Tom and Jerry clip. Sensed some
      activity below the surface but nothing came into my consciousness. For
      instance, I heard a brief, faint bell-like sound in my left ear. Had a few
      light waves of bliss that were not induced.

      Questions: No questions today. Simply a satisfying, relaxing session.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....