Re: Too Relaxed

    Message 1 of 197 , Nov 3, 2001
      Hi - More thoughts about "without analytical mind
      exercise". 1. Have you tried breathing exercises? I have
      found them amazingly effective in a few ways. They
      always take place NOW, and, of course, reality can only
      take place NOW, so whenever you are aware of your
      breath, you are experiencing your life as it takes place-
      NOW. Also importantly, when you are aware of your
      breath, you are not doing what we do all too often -
      rehashing the past or fantasizing about the future. There
      may be nothing more stabilizing than pranayama
      (breathing techniques). Also, they flow beautifully into
      analytical type meditations. IE: There is no way to order up
      breath. A corpse has everything we have - a heart, arms,
      a brain, etc., but no breath. Breath is a gift of
      life itself, a blessing from above! And so on, and so
      on.<br>2. You also say "I'll wake up and notice my mind<br>
      has already begun thinking without my control". What
      is the thing that notices your mind? One of the most
      advanved analytical techniques is to continually ask "Who
      am I?" To work on this will not only keep you from
      falling asleep, but will lead to your Awakening. <br>3.
      If you Witness yourself being very strong
      intellectually, your meditative task is to find and practice
      techniques to control your mind, while strengthening your
      emotional and physical reactivity. When they are all of
      equal strength, you will then be well balanced and have
      true Self control. At this point you can act, and not
      just react.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: