Body-mind-meditation part 2

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      Want to expand consciousness? Want to be
      serious about our spiritual growth. Well it is YOUR responsibility,
      no one elses. No guru, channeler, psychic, philosopher. It all
      starts with self knowledge. Here is a great way to start with the
      link to the web site where the full series is posted. Feedback
      welcome,,,,,,

      The Chakra Meditation

      Sit or lie comfortably, and immediately begin focusing on
      the feelings throughout the body.

      Those new to this practice may
      begin by focusing upon a very small area of the body, such as the
      tip of the right index finger. Be carefully aware of every subtle
      detail of feeling in this area. Allow awareness to spread to the
      entire finger, then the hand, arm, both arms, chest, torso, head,
      legs and feet, (not necessarily in that order). Do not avoid any
      pain, fear or other unpleasantness found anywhere in the body. [Such
      feelings are usually the result of Intentions which inhibit personal
      growth, and these can be "reprogrammed". Fear can be replaced by
      love, confusion by clarity, and pain by vibrant energy/positivity.]

      As thoughts inevitably run though the mind, simply relax, and
      return again and again to a feeling-awareness focus, even if this
      means doing so a hundred times every minute.

      Chronic, rampant,
      seemingly unstoppable thoughts in the mind, are a symptom of stored
      stress in ones' being. As the practice of meditation proceeds,
      stress is released, and the tendency of thoughts to intrude upon
      this process will gradually diminish. Be patient and don't let the
      simplicity of this method of meditation deceive you. Let your
      awareness travel freely from one area of the body to the next, as it
      will be inclined to do.

      Feel every subtle inner detail. Areas of
      particular stress or activity will attract your awareness, and hold
      it for longer periods than the rest of the body. Allow this to
      happen, as it is a function of natural self-healing processes and
      energy body activity. Don't be concerned or irritated by intruding
      thoughts, just continue to return to a feeling/awareness-oriented
      focus within the body, in a relaxed manner.

      One particularly notable value of the above meditational practice,
      is that is can be done any time during the day, at work, at home or
      in conjunction with any other activity. It can be done for as
      little as 5-30 seconds at a time, (as daily inner awareness) and it
      will still render cumulative benefits, though these are usually more
      pronounced when the eyes are closed, and the body still. It is
      recommended that the Chakra Meditation, (or others like it) be
      performed daily just before going to sleep at night, and before
      arising in the morning, for 20-30 minutes at a time.

      Daily inner
      awareness and meditation compliment each others' effectiveness,
      acting to improve health, reduce stress, increase psychic
      sensitivity, clarity and the capacity for love, manifest
      intelligence and wisdom.