Re: Intelligence - period

  • messenger93225
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2002
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001"
      > In terms of parts of the body, I am beginning to appreciate that
      > possibly all organs and other parts of our bodies have some
      sort of
      > innate intelligence. The problem is that they don't
      communicate with
      > words. I am guessing that each organ has its own way of
      > communicating. It might be partly the way we sense the organ
      but it
      > might also have others channels. I am still exploring this. At the
      > moment I use my mind to translate the sensations into some
      kind of
      > thought, but this is not efficient as the mind adds its own
      > interpretation.

      Allow this Mind ~ another interpretation....
      If one were to interpret a lung as metaphor - what could it be
      other than inspiration manifest?
      Try it with the other organs, then tell me who (what) is really
      communicating, other than the intellegence of a perfect universe,
      Image and Likeness?

      Namaste~ Messenger
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001" <tosime@l...>
        wrote:
        > Over time, mainly through meditation, I have begun to appreciate
        that
        > I have several "intelligences" or minds. One mind, my "ego",
        > dominates so much that I thought it was the only mind I had. There
        > are two experiences I remember which highlight this.
        >
        > Many years ago, armed robbers who were trying to steal my car
        > attacked me. I was so scared my mind switched off and I went into
        > an "inner mind" mode. To my surprise, I knew exactly what to do.
        > There was no fear. I was perfectly calm even as I ran for my life.
        > ran in a zig-zag pattern to evade the gun shots. I dived over a
        hedge
        > and instinctively turned as I jumped so I would land facing my
        > assailant (it was night time and quite dark) my plan was to land
        and
        > instantly freeze. If I saw that my assailant was still following me
        > could then decide which way to run. At the time I thought, who is
        > doing this? I was behaving like a trained soldier but I had no
        > training. As soon as the danger was over, my mind took over and I
        was
        > back to normal.
        >
        > The second incident was more recent. I had been searching for a PC
        > cable for hours and was about to give up. I decided to experiment
        > by "not thinking" and just allowing my body to move. To my
        surprise,
        > I went directly to where the cable was hiding in a bunch of other
        > cables. This was a very strange experience as I had to "surrender"
        my
        > body to my "inner mind". My meditation experience made it quite
        easy
        > to "shut my mind down" for a while.
        >
        > There is a third more general experience. I am finding more
        > frequently that I do not have to "think" to say things during
        > important occasions such as when I gave a speech a few days ago and
        > today when I attended an interview. When I shut down my mind, I end
        > up saying the right things for the occasion. Many times I am
        > surprised at how appropriate my responses are. My main problem is
        > keeping my ego-based mind in the background.
        >
        > In terms of parts of the body, I am beginning to appreciate that
        > possibly all organs and other parts of our bodies have some sort of
        > innate intelligence. The problem is that they don't communicate
        with
        > words. I am guessing that each organ has its own way of
        > communicating. It might be partly the way we sense the organ but it
        > might also have others channels. I am still exploring this. At the
        > moment I use my mind to translate the sensations into some kind of
        > thought, but this is not efficient as the mind adds its own
        > interpretation.
        >
        > I hope this helpsÂ…Tony

        Yes, thanks for sharing.

        Eve