Re: Journal Entry - tosime

    Message 1 of 99 , Jun 29, 2002
      Tony "tosime2001" <tosime@l...> wrote:
      Insights: Although mind chatter is normally a distraction during
      meditation it may be possible to actually use mind chatter to go
      deeper into meditation. The act of switching from mind chatter to
      the meditation process may provide an impetus towards deeper
      meditation.
      Questions: Is experimentation and developing meditation techniques a
      distraction to the meditation?
      Answer: This was a very evolutionary meditation session. In a way,
      everything that has a temporary existance is just "Mind Chatter".
      This includes thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations. The use of
      a mantra can be a very effective tool to go past the chatter. Giving
      your mind a task, such as watching your breath or repeating a word or
      phrase (mantra), will bring all the other distractive mind chatter to
      a halt. If you don't feed a fire, eventually it will go out. And when
      it is about to go out, if you then toss in the stick you were
      stirring it with (the mantra), it too will be burned up, and there
      will be no-thing left. Zen calls this the state of No Mind. It is
      also know as Pure Silence, Moksha (Freedom), and other terms. This is
      when you Realize your oneness with that which is eternal
      and infinite...Essence. And you live happily ever after.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....