Re: Types of Meditation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2002
      Hi - Welcome - There are actually an unlimited number of techniques.
      The way it goes is that there are 108 techniques, and 108 variations
      of each one, and 108 variations of these, and so on. I don't know if
      the technique you have found is in any book, but I do feel that if it
      "works" for you, go with it. The criteria for "works" is if it brings
      you peace. If it does, it is "good". If it, or any technique, takes
      your peace away, it is "bad". The best way to learn more about any
      technique is by doing it. Reading is very beneficial, as are classes,
      CD's and so on, but meditating is the best way to learn about
      meditation. I wish you well and please don't hesitate to ask
      questions when they arise, and share experiences as you feel the need
      to. Providing a place to share and communicate about this precious
      knowledge is the reason for this groups existance.
      daisy30102000@y...> wrote:
      I am new to meditation techniques and I wanted to ask a question
      about a form I recently encountered. It was a stress reduction
      technique where the class was instructed to imagine a warm fuzzy
      animal crawling into our hearts. I wanted to look up more
      information on this technique. Does it have a formal name or does
      it fall under one of the formal headings of the 108 Meditation
      Techniques on this website? Is there a book on this type of
      meditation technique that you can suggest?