Re: Any relevance here? Dev

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
      <<baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
      love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it really
      happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
      myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches all
      the mossss rolling down the hill,,,>>

      I feel the same way, devi

      Do we need someone like baba wawa to tell us that,

      or is it possible to assimilate for ourselves, like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz
      did.....nobody told her anything....she lived it

      freyja

    • devianandi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
        baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
        love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it really
        > happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
        > myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches all
        > the mossss rolling down the hill,,,>>
        >
        > I feel the same way, devi
        >
        > Do we need someone like baba to tell us that,

        devi: i need to be reminded sometimes to get out of the mud..i get
        facinated by how ignorant and cruel people can be,,i really feel like
        an alien alot of the time

        > or is it possible to assimilate for ourselves, like Dorothy in
        Wizard of Oz
        > did.....nobody told her anything....she lived it

        devi: it's said that God does everthing, one way i can intrepret it
        is that we are all programming each other into forward motions,
        better higher morer,and i'm not talking about material, i'm talking
        about spiritual so for example when i read a meher baba or a baba
        hari dass, who i know are more advanced then me, it's like i am
        programming myself to become more advanced...i'm reaching toward
        having a similar consciousness...life doesn't end after realization,
        it just goes to a high level...meher baba once said to someone,*I am
        light years ahead of you* i think He meant it....

      • freyjartist
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
          > love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it
          really
          > > happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
          > > myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches
          all
          > > the mossss rolling down the hill,,,>>
          > >
          > > I feel the same way, devi
          > >
          > > Do we need someone like baba to tell us that,
          >
          > devi: i need to be reminded sometimes to get out of the mud..i get
          > facinated by how ignorant and cruel people can be,,i really feel
          like
          > an alien alot of the time
          > >
          > > or is it possible to assimilate for ourselves, like Dorothy in
          > Wizard of Oz
          > > did.....nobody told her anything....she lived it
          >
          > devi: it's said that God does everthing, one way i can intrepret it
          > is that we are all programming each other into forward motions,
          > better higher morer,and i'm not talking about material, i'm talking
          > about spiritual so for example when i read a meher baba or a baba
          > hari dass, who i know are more advanced then me, it's like i am
          > programming myself to become more advanced...i'm reaching toward
          > having a similar consciousness...life doesn't end after
          realization,
          > it just goes to a high level...meher baba once said to someone,*I
          am
          > light years ahead of you* i think He meant it....

          Yes...and it all comes down to that debate that goes
          round and round does one need the guru or not?

          For me, i cannot take stands on such matters.

          yes, i am tuned in with the 'words' of the guru
          too

        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
            Yes...and it all comes down to that debate that goes
            > round and round does one need the guru or not?
            For me, i cannot take stands on such matters.
            yes, i am tuned in with the 'words' of the guru
            too

            i have a friend john, he must have gotten realized when he was around
            16, same with my husband..neither of them had Gurus, john never
            connected with one ever except for Ramana Maharshi years after his
            realization and my husband eventually got involed with a living sufi
            master and Meher Baba,.. me, i got realzied when i was 28, i had been
            on a heavy path of purification, i basically did it all on my own
            from reading and practice..i knew i had a Guru (finding a Guru was
            the highest romance in my mind) but it took me six years to connect
            with HIm. and i really didn't connect with him until after my
            realiztion..that's when i *really* needed him..i was disorientated

            realization takes place almost in groups...if someone you've been
            close to in a previos life gets it, it's probable that you get it
            too..baba hari dass and i were close to each other in previous lifes,
            so i must have got a contact enlightenement...having sex with someone
            whos enlightened is helpful too, by the time your close to it,,,it's
            the *energies* that start working..right before my enlightenement i
            had sex with an enlightened being...
            having a relationship with a *realized being* whether its a Guru or
            just an ordinary person certainly has a benifit...thats my stand for
            now, but always i get new information so it could change...