Re: [Meditation Society of America] Universal Mind - Michael

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28 2:16 AM
      Dear Tony,

      I would like torecommend to you the book "Zen Wisdom" by Timothy Freke.
      The book consists of 365 zen thoughts - one for each day of the year. The book also has the famous zen parable of the ten bulls.

      Here are some passages from the book.

      Student: "What is Zen?"
      Nan-ch'uan: "Ordinary mind is very Zen."
      Student: "Should we try to get it?"
      Nan-ch'uan: "As soon as you try, you miss it"

      -------

      We are like someone immersed in water,
      who complains of nothing to drink.

      Hsueh-Feng

      Don't meditate so that one day you will become enlightened. Meditate to make your life richer right now. Meditate when you sit and walk, when you embrace your mother or care for your child. Meditate to bring joy into your existance.

      Shan T'sing

      For me, zen is a pile of dog shit. Whether or not I step into it makes no difference.

      loveya - michael