Journal Entry - tosime

  • tosime2001
    Message 1 of 99 , Jun 28, 2002
      Notes: Posting your meditation journal is an excellent opportunity to
      share your meditation experience so others can learn from your
      insights and reflect on their own practice. You will find that
      posting a journal is a good motivator for regular, progressive
      meditation. Please use any format you wish. Feel free to ask
      questions in your post, respond to questions in other posts and
      comment on any aspect of each entry. While meditating, be careful to
      avoid a mind commentary that anticipates posting a journal entry as
      this can distract from your meditation session. Avoid judging your
      sessions based on what you read posted by others.

      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: June 28
      Variation: Focus on breath
      Time: 07:05 a.m.
      Duration: 77 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil – (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Experience: Good session. Decided to explore the waves of bliss since
      it has been sometime since I experienced them. The flickering candles
      had died by the end of my session and I noticed that the session went
      better without the distraction of the flickering candles.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: 6-8 waves (different types).

      Notes: The waves of bliss come at stage three of my meditation. So to
      explore them I had to pass the first two stages. I went surprising
      quickly through the first two stages with little mind chatter. When I
      got to stage three the waves came lightly. I tried inducing them and
      found myself inducing sensual pleasures with associated waves, which
      were different in character. I had about two or three of these. I
      then tried focusing on different parts of my body and found that this
      action also induces waves of bliss, but again these had a different
      character or feel to them. I then went back to normal meditation
      (without inducing waves) and noticed that the original waves (the
      first type) continued. The original waves are deeper and more
      authentic (for want of a better word). The induced waves felt more
      artificial even though they were pleasant.

      Insights: While meditating there are different types of waves of
      bliss. The ones that arise naturally, without inducement have a
      superior more authentic feel to induced waves. This indicates that
      following the natural path during meditation is best. Inducing waves
      is distracting and tends to keep you stuck at particular stage in
      meditation. For continued progress in meditation it might be better
      to allow the waves of bliss to come and go naturally and not become
      attached to them.

      Questions: What types of bliss have you experienced during
      meditation? What happens when you try to induce the waves of bliss?
      How did the waves of bliss start?
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....