Body Intelligence - Eve

  • tosime2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2002
      Snip…
      I find this interesting. I would say I verbalize everything in my
      head. They are my thoughts. How else other than verbal commentary do
      you experience an insight? Do you feel it somewhere in your body?

      Over time, mainly through meditation, I have begun to appreciate that
      I have several "intelligences" or minds. One mind, my "ego",
      dominates so much that I thought it was the only mind I had. There
      are two experiences I remember which highlight this.

      Many years ago, armed robbers who were trying to steal my car
      attacked me. I was so scared my mind switched off and I went into
      an "inner mind" mode. To my surprise, I knew exactly what to do.
      There was no fear. I was perfectly calm even as I ran for my life. I
      ran in a zig-zag pattern to evade the gun shots. I dived over a hedge
      and instinctively turned as I jumped so I would land facing my
      assailant (it was night time and quite dark) my plan was to land and
      instantly freeze. If I saw that my assailant was still following me I
      could then decide which way to run. At the time I thought, who is
      doing this? I was behaving like a trained soldier but I had no
      training. As soon as the danger was over, my mind took over and I was
      back to normal.

      The second incident was more recent. I had been searching for a PC
      cable for hours and was about to give up. I decided to experiment
      by "not thinking" and just allowing my body to move. To my surprise,
      I went directly to where the cable was hiding in a bunch of other
      cables. This was a very strange experience as I had to "surrender" my
      body to my "inner mind". My meditation experience made it quite easy
      to "shut my mind down" for a while.

      There is a third more general experience. I am finding more
      frequently that I do not have to "think" to say things during
      important occasions such as when I gave a speech a few days ago and
      today when I attended an interview. When I shut down my mind, I end
      up saying the right things for the occasion. Many times I am
      surprised at how appropriate my responses are. My main problem is
      keeping my ego-based mind in the background.

      In terms of parts of the body, I am beginning to appreciate that
      possibly all organs and other parts of our bodies have some sort of
      innate intelligence. The problem is that they don't communicate with
      words. I am guessing that each organ has its own way of
      communicating. It might be partly the way we sense the organ but it
      might also have others channels. I am still exploring this. At the
      moment I use my mind to translate the sensations into some kind of
      thought, but this is not efficient as the mind adds its own
      interpretation.

      I hope this helps…Tony
    • messenger93225
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001"
        > In terms of parts of the body, I am beginning to appreciate that
        > possibly all organs and other parts of our bodies have some
        sort of
        > innate intelligence. The problem is that they don't
        communicate with
        > words. I am guessing that each organ has its own way of
        > communicating. It might be partly the way we sense the organ
        but it
        > might also have others channels. I am still exploring this. At the
        > moment I use my mind to translate the sensations into some
        kind of
        > thought, but this is not efficient as the mind adds its own
        > interpretation.

        Allow this Mind ~ another interpretation....
        If one were to interpret a lung as metaphor - what could it be
        other than inspiration manifest?
        Try it with the other organs, then tell me who (what) is really
        communicating, other than the intellegence of a perfect universe,
        Image and Likeness?

        Namaste~ Messenger
      • eveneon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001" <tosime@l...>
          wrote:
          > Over time, mainly through meditation, I have begun to appreciate
          that
          > I have several "intelligences" or minds. One mind, my "ego",
          > dominates so much that I thought it was the only mind I had. There
          > are two experiences I remember which highlight this.
          >
          > Many years ago, armed robbers who were trying to steal my car
          > attacked me. I was so scared my mind switched off and I went into
          > an "inner mind" mode. To my surprise, I knew exactly what to do.
          > There was no fear. I was perfectly calm even as I ran for my life.
          > ran in a zig-zag pattern to evade the gun shots. I dived over a
          hedge
          > and instinctively turned as I jumped so I would land facing my
          > assailant (it was night time and quite dark) my plan was to land
          and
          > instantly freeze. If I saw that my assailant was still following me
          > could then decide which way to run. At the time I thought, who is
          > doing this? I was behaving like a trained soldier but I had no
          > training. As soon as the danger was over, my mind took over and I
          was
          > back to normal.
          >
          > The second incident was more recent. I had been searching for a PC
          > cable for hours and was about to give up. I decided to experiment
          > by "not thinking" and just allowing my body to move. To my
          surprise,
          > I went directly to where the cable was hiding in a bunch of other
          > cables. This was a very strange experience as I had to "surrender"
          my
          > body to my "inner mind". My meditation experience made it quite
          easy
          > to "shut my mind down" for a while.
          >
          > There is a third more general experience. I am finding more
          > frequently that I do not have to "think" to say things during
          > important occasions such as when I gave a speech a few days ago and
          > today when I attended an interview. When I shut down my mind, I end
          > up saying the right things for the occasion. Many times I am
          > surprised at how appropriate my responses are. My main problem is
          > keeping my ego-based mind in the background.
          >
          > In terms of parts of the body, I am beginning to appreciate that
          > possibly all organs and other parts of our bodies have some sort of
          > innate intelligence. The problem is that they don't communicate
          with
          > words. I am guessing that each organ has its own way of
          > communicating. It might be partly the way we sense the organ but it
          > might also have others channels. I am still exploring this. At the
          > moment I use my mind to translate the sensations into some kind of
          > thought, but this is not efficient as the mind adds its own
          > interpretation.
          >
          > I hope this helps…Tony

          Yes, thanks for sharing.

          Eve